Page 66 of 99 FirstFirst ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2451

Great day on North aspects around Snoqualmie, even the Source Lake exit wasn’t bad after some sun affect. Kept it mellow and type 1 after all the slides in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Sauce View Post

Great day on North aspects around Snoqualmie, even the Source Lake exit wasn’t bad after some sun affect. Kept it mellow and type 1 after all the slides in the area.

Great shots! What a day for “spring skiing”.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Such great snow out there. For those not in the Alpental thread, here's an NWAC post on the slide that caught/buried SVS on Saturday. He's pretty banged up but doing well.

https://m.facebook.com/1887697...9/p...162176330/?d=n

Rad. Yeah one of the slides happened in the gnar terrain right behind your ski partner here ^^

The corn cycle is ON.

Below 5000, the kernels start to ripen about 11:00, earlier below 4k.
    Above 5000, stuff on South faces are still crunchy until 1:00 or so. After that, the sweet creamed corn is the special of the day.

Above 5500, North faces hold cold pow, cut up or softly edgeable chalk where it's been skied.

Point is, it's really good out there. Sunshine, ski on lifts, low key quality spring skiing.

Git sum.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    The corn cycle is ON.

Below 5000, the kernels start to ripen about 11:00, earlier below 4k.
    Above 5000, stuff on South faces are still crunchy until 1:00 or so. After that, the sweet creamed corn is the special of the day.

Above 5500, North faces hold cold pow, cut up or softly edgeable chalk where it's been skied.

Point is, it's really good out there. Sunshine, ski on lifts, low key quality spring skiing.

Git sum.
    YES.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5159.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	371522

What is going on with SeaTac? Is that TSA line the new normal?
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    What is going on with SeaTac? Is that TSA line the new normal?
    I think it's abnormal
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

hoping to smash & grab the fuhrer finger this weekend with this high pressure/super stable weather.

any advice on timing so that we get the finger just as it corns up? would rather have corn in the finger and shmoo lower, if possible. freezing levels are quite high (10-11k) and weather is stable

thanks mags, stoked to head your way for some turns

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    hoping to smash & grab the fuhrer finger this weekend with this high pressure/super stable weather.

any advice on timing so that we get the finger just as it corns up? would rather have corn in the finger and shmoo lower, if possible. freezing levels are quite high (10-11k) and weather is stable

thanks mags, stoked to head your way for some turns
    No idea, but have fun and if you're around I owe you a beer for the ski hookup earlier this season. I may be out on a weekend jaunt to the Olympics tho.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Would depend on winds etc., but my guess would be around noonish for corn in the Finger.

Beware of the schmoo on the Wilson glacier. I cut some big scary wet slides on that thing returning from the Finger, and it added a sour note to the end of an otherwise great day. At the very least ensure nobody is below you if things are moving in that section. If you decide to exit via Van Trump park/Comet falls trail, you will avoid the treacherous SE-facing lower Wilson. And still get a great descent.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    No idea, but have fun and if you're around I owe you a beer for the ski hookup earlier this season. I may be out on a weekend jaunt to the Olympics tho.
    Ha! This is a last minute smash and grab otherwise I would have tried to meet up with some mags up your way. Weather window is good so we're moving quick.

Quote Originally Posted by kamtron View Post
    Would depend on winds etc., but my guess would be around noonish for corn in the Finger.

Beware of the schmoo on the Wilson glacier. I cut some big scary wet slides on that thing returning from the Finger, and it added a sour note to the end of an otherwise great day. At the very least ensure nobody is below you if things are moving in that section. If you decide to exit via Van Trump park/Comet falls trail, you will avoid the treacherous SE-facing lower Wilson. And still get a great descent.
    Great point - the lower Wilson glacier has been popping off quite a few times when I've been on Rainier. Would you recommend going down Van Trump Park?

I've been up Rainier three times before (once from Van Trump), and i'm not opposed to the idea at all - head down the turtle, down van trump, etc - just wondering if that's preferable.

Thanks guys!

When I skied the Kautz, we went down Van Trump. It is an enjoyable corny zone. I've even gone up that way on a different (failed) attempt at the Kautz. If you have the ability to do a car shuttle, it's damn easy. It's definitely more work going up that way, as you start lower, but you avoid climbing up underneath the icefall hazard of the Wilson/Nisqually confluence. I guess you could probably ski to below Comet Falls, currently. Comet Falls area is it's own avy slope/terrain trap to watch out for, though.

They're all good! Just wanted to give a heads up on that Wilson slope.

I think with a Finger descent, timing wise you should expect better snow in Van Trump than on the lower Wilson, if you want to maximize decent snow.

Some 10/10 spring skiing conditions at Crystal this week. Can't believe how much snow is still up there, wish the season went to July like it used to.

Name:	asdf.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	371672

Snow in the PNW 20-21: We may have Corona but Corona doesn't have us!

:: Any local mags do tree removal? :: Anyone want fir rounds when time? :: Thanks,apologies for the interruption. Please PM

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    :: Any local mags do tree removal? :: Anyone want fir rounds when time? :: Thanks,apologies for the interruption. Please PM
    I had these guys remove a huge cedar from the front of my house in Issaquah last summer. Great price and service.

https://andystreeservicesinc.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I had these guys remove a huge cedar from the front of my house in Issaquah last summer. Great price and service.

https://andystreeservicesinc.com/
    Appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    I'll take the rounds; I think you're just down the hill from us?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I'll take the rounds; I think you're just down the hill from us?
    You have first dibs B. Near lake wa in K

I'll go 2nd on rounds. I can come thru when Buster does and help load up

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

.................Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210411_112208_HDR.jpeg 
Views:	885 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	371685

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    I'll go 2nd on rounds. I can come thru when Buster does and help load up
    For sure Z

Quote Originally Posted by cstefanic View Post
    Some 10/10 spring skiing conditions at Crystal this week. Can't believe how much snow is still up there, wish the season went to July like it used to.

Name:	asdf.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	371672
    How do GPOs do in corn/slush? Thinking about bringing mine out this weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    classic ^