Page 79 of 99 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2451
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    You’re joking right?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    haha right?! coming from CA i was shocked at the slowness and timidity of all the drivers here. Took a while but now im stunned at the aggressiveness and speed over the limit everyone does when i go back to CA to visit family.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Actually we do need a reason for WA drivers to slow down. We have some of the most reckless drivers I’ve seen.

Eh, at least it's short-lived. They self-select to occupy a ditch on the side of 90.

You’re joking right?

No. What the fuck is wrong with people? Not even pretending to stop, unsafe passing on a double yellow, riding your ass if you’re going 5-10 over the limit, pulling out in front of oncoming traffic with no space and zero fucks given, etc etc. Are you blind, maybe you’re one of them? Idk. It’s terrible, what’s the hurry? Your haste doesn’t trump everyone else’s safety.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    The gist of seemed more about unreasonable seizure of property and selling it to pay fines that don’t match the crime.
    The most important thing to come out of that case is Washington's Homestead Act now applies to vehicles, so long as the vehicle is your only home. There is no income cutoff or qualification for it to kick in. So if Bill Gates lives in his car, and has no other residence, it would apply even though Bill Gates is worth billions. The Homestead Act protects the last $15,000 value in your vehicle (if you are living in it).

In the current system, a person who lives in their vehicle parks illegally, gets a ticket, gets their car towed and impounded. To get their car out of impound they have to pay the ticket, and pay impound fees, which go up every day your car sits in impound. Some people don't have the money to pay all this so they can't get the car out of impound. In this situation, the law allows the impound/tow company to sell the vehicle and use the proceeds to pay the ticket and the impound fees.

This case says you can still do all this, but you have to leave the person with at least $15,000. In other words, the impound/tow company only gets to use money above $15,000 to pay the ticket and impound fees. The reason tow companies will impound beater cars is because they figure they will get paid by selling the car. Now they can't (or technically, they still can, but again, they have to leave $15,000 to the vehicle owner, so if the value of the vehicle plus ticket and impound fees is less than 15k, the two company gets nothing).

So how will this play out going forward? No one knows. Maybe tow companies refuse to tow vehicles when it appears someone may be living in them (not worth the risk that they may get nothing out of it). That was my point about parking your car at the ski area parking lot and seeing what they will do. Every government official in the state is scrambling to analyze how this case will play out. I don't see why the law wouldn't apply up at ski areas or on national forests since it deals with Washington's impound laws, which apply everywhere.

No. What the fuck is wrong with people? Not even pretending to stop, unsafe passing on a double yellow, riding your ass if you’re going 5-10 over the limit, pulling out in front of oncoming traffic with no space and zero fucks given, etc etc. Are you blind, maybe you’re one of them? Idk. It’s terrible, what’s the hurry? Your haste doesn’t trump everyone else’s safety.

I guess you haven’t driven anywhere else. Sure some douchebaggery exists… but not to the same levels as most other places.

I fact checked myself. Did some googling. All the stats I saw had WA ~#45-#48 in accidents and roadway deaths per capita by state.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Well I’d say on 2 lane highways people are fucking insane here. Passing on double yellow, barely missing oncoming traffic. Especially on a Sunday afternoon.

On the highways they are mind numbingly slow while sitting 4 across so no one can get by.

Either way it drives me up the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Well I’d say on 2 lane highways people are fucking insane here. Passing on double yellow, barely missing oncoming traffic. Especially on a Sunday afternoon.

On the highways they are mind numbingly slow while sitting 4 across so no one can get by.

Either way it drives me up the wall.
    I blame Vin Diesel.

I guess you haven’t driven anywhere else. Sure some douchebaggery exists… but not to the same levels as most other places.

I fact checked myself. Did some googling. All the stats I saw had WA ~#45-#48 in accidents and roadway deaths per capita by state.

I lived in the Bay Area for 15 years. I’ve driven in other parts of the country.

Where do I find these mythical $8 6-packs? Everything decent seems to be $10+ these days

They are more expensive at Taylor Shellfish Farm than almost anywhere else I’ve seen….. like $3 each…

Don’t get me wrong, great place to stop when driving up the Chuckanut…

But it’s like paying $10 for a six pack at the brewery when that same six pack is $8 at the corner store…

Hence the question….

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Where do I find these mythical $8 6-packs? Everything decent seems to be $10+ these days
    We have a smoke shop here that sells most regional and national micro bees at $8-9 a six pack. 15 pack of all day IPA for $15.49

Channel your rage about California drivers without snow tires into something useful like comments advocating for better winter access to Mt Rainer.

If you are lazy, just write something like, "I came for the powder but the ranger at the gate told me 2" was too much for their plows to handle. [Insert inappropriate joke here]."

https://parkplanning.nps.gov/documen...umentID=113324

Quote Originally Posted by Skier of the Hood View Post
    Channel your rage about California drivers without snow tires into something useful like comments advocating for better winter access to Mt Rainer.

If you are lazy, just write something like, "I came for the powder but the ranger at the gate told me 2" was too much for their plows to handle. [Insert inappropriate joke here]."

https://parkplanning.nps.gov/documen...umentID=113324

Comments: Topic Question 1: Please be consistent about gate openings, particularly Paradise in winter.
    Comments: Topic Question 2: I would go more often if I knew the status of the Paradise gate in winter.

Comments: Topic Question 3: Consider consistent access to facilitate public use and enjoyment in winter.

Comments: Topic Question 4: Updated website or text mechanism for Paradise gate status.

Comments: Topic Question 5: Fix Westside access outside of Nisqually Road to Dry Creek. This would distribute the traffic to other sectors of the park.

Comments: Topic Question 6: Cable cars. Or an electric cog train. Much less environmental impact than private cars and road maintenance. Provides much better winter access and keeps parking lot and road congestion limited to lower elevations.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Does anyone know what the 9/6 price hike for the epic pass is gonna be? Still waffling since the border situation will be unclear...

popped up in the photo feed today

2015 at a volcano
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4170.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	383451

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post

2015 at a volcano

Buncha kooks

I just bought some land on Blewett Pass, so time to buy a sled and see what the skiing is all about out there.

Quote Originally Posted by sklar View Post
    I just bought some land on Blewett Pass, so time to buy a sled and see what the skiing is all about out there.
    The best skiing is in the non motorized area. Did you buy near the summit of Old Blewett?

Best skiing I've found up there is off the 9712 into Devils Gulch. Teanaway has better options for sled accessed touring. Blewett zone has great sledding.

The best skiing is in the non motorized area. Did you buy near the summit of Old Blewett?

Other side, SE of the 90 degree turn in the highway. Accessible through the motorized area.

Snow in the PNW 20-21: We may have Corona but Corona doesn't have us!

Quote Originally Posted by sklar View Post
    Other side, SE of the 90 degree turn in the highway. Accessible through the motorized area.
    I’m having trouble picturing what you’re talking about. Like on the south side of the pass and highway. Up Hurley Creek area? Pm me if you don’t want details public. I can share info for sled accessed skiing in that area, it can be quite good.

I’m having trouble picturing what you’re talking about. Like on the south side of the pass and highway. Up Hurley Creek area? Pm me if you don’t want details public. I can share info for sled accessed skiing in that area, it can be quite good.

PM'd, but yea, around there, north of Liberty

Saw a post on TAY that the Fortune Creek Huts permit has been pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Saw a post on TAY that the Fortune Creek Huts permit has been pulled.
    Pulled as in issued or pulled as in scrapped?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post

2015 at a volcano

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Buncha kooks
    Yup. Without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Pulled as in issued or pulled as in scrapped?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    pulled as in scrapped.