Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    looks ok at the pass but pretty snowy out toward Easton

Attachment 347208
    I drove from the Pass to Cle Elum a little before that it was a giant shit show
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Stevens closed to uphill traffic. Epic Vailure as usual

"Uphill travel: Safety is paramount at Stevens Pass, which is why we’ve made the decision to prohibit uphill travel in our permit area while we prepare for the 2020-21 winter season. Uphill access at Stevens Pass will resume once we’ve opened for the season and will be permitted outside of normal lift access hours.
    Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Stevens closed to uphill traffic. Epic Vailure as usual

"Uphill travel: Safety is paramount at Stevens Pass, which is why we’ve made the decision to prohibit uphill travel in our permit area while we prepare for the 2020-21 winter season. Uphill access at Stevens Pass will resume once we’ve opened for the season and will be permitted outside of normal lift access hours.
    "Im not here to ski, im just late finishing the PCT..." Think that'll work? Where's Altasnob offering insight on Stevens' right to restrict uphill travel?

Man, im not on social media but went to go watch Snoqualmie's video about what they plan to do for covid safety this year and the comments on the instagram account are just awful. I feel for the liftys and security staff this year. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHbsWm5..._web_copy_link Not excited for some expected ugly lift line scenes in the first month or two of the season before the loud-proud assholes get their passes clipped.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    "Im not here to ski, im just late finishing the PCT..." Think that'll work? Where's Altasnob offering insight on Stevens' right to restrict uphill travel?

Man, im not on social media but went to go watch Snoqualmie's video about what they plan to do for covid safety this year and the comments on the instagram account are just awful. I feel for the liftys and security staff this year. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHbsWm5..._web_copy_link Not excited for some expected ugly lift line scenes in the first month or two of the season before the loud-proud assholes get their passes clipped.
    I could never understand why people think being a dick to ski area employees will enhance their mountain experience when your pass gets switched off and no refund is coming they’re coming to have something to cry about
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Like all ski areas on National Forest, Stevens doesn't have exclusive use of the terrain. But they do have wide discretion to restrict the where/when on uphill travel for "safety" reasons. I don't really blame the ski areas for this; it's Americas over litigious society. If someone ends up killing themselves early season before the ski area is open, but after Stevens is plowing roads and setting stuff up, and the deceased's family has no soul, they will find some unemployed shady plaintiff's attorney to sue Stevens. Stevens may win in court but their insurance won't want to risk it and end up paying something on the frivolous suit. The cycle continues and in the end, we all pay for it in the form of higher lift ticket prices.

But Stevens pass holders should be happy with Vail's ineptitude. With the border closed, and Vail being, well, Vail, everyone in entire Puget Sound region has bought an Ikon pass and will be skiing Crystal this winter. Bachelor joining Ikon seals the deal. Stevens should be a ghost town.

Stevens a ghost town! I hope you’re being ironic.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Stevens a ghost town! I hope you’re being ironic.

There was this one pow day about 4 years ago, man how time flies, TAFKNLVS, Abe and myself hit it just right. Ski on pow fest. Probably the only and last day since then.

The crowds were definitely a bit lighter at stevens last year. Never had a weekend drive home over 2 hours and that hasn't happened in years

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    "Im not here to ski, im just late finishing the PCT..." Think that'll work? .
    Tried that during covid times and they had mountain ops chasing us on cats and snowmobiles saying that the inbounds was fully closed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    There was this one pow day about 4 years ago, man how time flies, TAFKNLVS, Abe and myself hit it just right. Ski on pow fest. Probably the only and last day since then.
    Well, there were two mid week days last February when the west side of the pass was closed for a few days. Waist deep blower, but that’s an anomaly.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    But Stevens pass holders should be happy with Vail's ineptitude. With the border closed, and Vail being, well, Vail, everyone in entire Puget Sound region has bought an Ikon pass and will be skiing Crystal this winter. Bachelor joining Ikon seals the deal. Stevens should be a ghost town.
    Now there's food for thought. However, betting against Vail's ineptitude is...a risky move. I flexed an Edge card day on a projected 1 ft+ weekday last season. Stood in line on Kehr's for 3 hrs before they were finally able to get their avy work done, double D and backside never opened. If it's not a sat/sun, their approach to opening terrain seems to be no different than at Whistler, i.e a total clusterfuck absent any motivation to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    You hit that halfpipe just right
    What a great day, definitely one that sticks in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    You hit that halfpipe just right
    What a great day, definitely one that sticks in my mind.
    I laugh every time I think about you guys saying you were going to go for one more as I called it a day and headed to the bar completely spent. Only to have you two walk in about 10mins later never making it to the lift.

Broken Beacon

I can't seem to start a new thread as a new member but maybe this will find someone!

I have a BCA tracker DTS with a broken case and id love to keep using it if anyone has one for parts I can buy!

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Like all ski areas on National Forest, Stevens doesn't have exclusive use of the terrain. But they do have wide discretion to restrict the where/when on uphill travel for "safety" reasons. I don't really blame the ski areas for this; it's Americas over litigious society. If someone ends up killing themselves early season before the ski area is open, but after Stevens is plowing roads and setting stuff up, and the deceased's family has no soul, they will find some unemployed shady plaintiff's attorney to sue Stevens. Stevens may win in court but their insurance won't want to risk it and end up paying something on the frivolous suit. The cycle continues and in the end, we all pay for it in the form of higher lift ticket prices.

Buddy and I skinned up Stevens several years ago, a few days before they opened. There was no uphill policy at that time. They had the lifts running and cats were grooming, and plenty of other people skinning and hiking around the frontside. Nobody from the resort seemed have any issues with our presence. We decided to drop off the backside for a lap. Snowpack was super thin, but the ungroomed cat road skied fine.. As we were skinning back up, all hell broke loose with multiple charges going off above us and continued nonstop, getting progressively closer. Turns out the patrol had decided to "stabilize the pack" and sent out multiple teams of patrollers to bomb the crap out of anything that might move, before the next storm came. This function is normally handled by rain around here, but I digress. We hunkered down in some trees until we could communicate with the patrol. Suffice it to say they were both surprised and pissed when they finally saw us.

Stevens just flat out rules you out of skinning inbounds.

Crystal allows you but plays games. They haven’t updated their fancy webcam at the summit since 11/5. They haven’t been showing any data on snow levels other that 24/48 totals...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    They haven’t been showing any data on snow levels other that 24/48 totals...

The links to all of NWACs telemetry isn't enough data for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Oh my...

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    The links to all of NWACs telemetry isn't enough data for you?
    I’m talking about Crystal playing games not the availability of the data.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Great shots!

Quote Originally Posted by ben_wies View Post
    I can't seem to start a new thread as a new member but maybe this will find someone!

I have a BCA tracker DTS with a broken case and id love to keep using it if anyone has one for parts I can buy!
    Welcome to the forum. Sorry to say, broken case = replace your beacon. It's possible internal components were damaged when the case was cracked. Not to mention that's an outdated 2 antenna beacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ow_My_Balls View Post
    There was glorious preseason inbounds wannabe pro style InstaTwatFace worthy ski touring to be had at Crustal this morning.
    The base has around 12-18 inches of unconsolidated snow and there is 2-4 feet at the top. Groomers were working on Lucky Shot and Discovery Meadow to begin packing it all down. If this weekend storm pans out they should be in great shape for November 20 or maybe even sneak in a few days earlier.

It was all so sparkly!
    Attachment 347370

Powder Bowl status:
    Attachment 347376

Knee deep turns all the way down GV bowl:
    Attachment 347374

Obligatory photo:
    Attachment 347375
    The fuck am I doing with my life. Gotdam

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Now there's food for thought. However, betting against Vail's ineptitude is...a risky move. I flexed an Edge card day on a projected 1 ft+ weekday last season. Stood in line on Kehr's for 3 hrs before they were finally able to get their avy work done, double D and backside never opened. If it's not a sat/sun, their approach to opening terrain seems to be no different than at Whistler, i.e a total clusterfuck absent any motivation to deliver.
    its Big Chief not Kehrs

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    The fuck am I doing with my life. Gotdam
    Maybe the Coronas have got you after all.
    Move upside and let the man go through...