Jong me - mount plan

So, getting back into skiing after years of back rehab/young kids.
    East coast, will be splitting between solo time and teaching kids/green cruising (4 and 6).

Have: old explosiv 180s and movement super turbos - flat.

Are they worth mounting or have skis moved forward again enough?

Also thinking about a set of light parkish skis for dorking around.

I'm sure you'll find varying opinions, but with what you desire I think you'll want a more versatile ski, especially given that you need to cruise at low speed on flat runs with tighter turns chasing the munchkins around. The Movements are also pretty wide for an everyday EC ski.

Notably, if back rehab is what kept you out of skiing, it may be wisest to steer away from the stiff, metal, charging skis often lauded by the cohort on this forum and think about something a little bit more forgiving - otherwise it's your musculoskeletal system having to absorb all the impact. To this end, it may be better to get a ski stiffened with carbon rather than metal (so it still has some ice hold), don't necessarily want it to be super light (so it doesn't get tossed around), and something with a bit of a twin tip to give you the maneuverability through tight terrain so that you dictate the route rather than simply having your back absorb what comes your way.

Welcome back. Enjoy the next couple years - it'll be the last you'll be able to keep up with your kiddos (it's like cheating when they start that young).
    Originally Posted by jm2e:
    To be a JONG is no curse in these unfortunate times. 'Tis better that than to be alone.

Super turbos were more planned for solo charging days with explosivs as daily drivers (used to be my daily before I destroyed my first set).
    Good thoughts on other pieces.

I would grab the park skis for dinking around and get those sorted first, those other skis are missiles by comparison to most modern shapes. I also came back from a rough back injury and I’ve since shied away from the more stiff, rearly-mounted (as she said) skis in favor of softer, more modern pairs with a more centered mount point designed to be skied with a more upright stance. Now that my back behaves for me (most of the time) I am still not going back to the older-school skis, for whatever that’s worth.

I skied the Moment PB&J and it was really easy and fun (little soft for my taste actually, but I'm not a park skier). I hear good things about the Moment WC 101 which is a retooled PB&J--may be more width than you need/want though. Grab the Blister buyers guide and brush up on newer tech and you should be able to identify 4-5 skis they will fit the bill, then ask around and someone will have something cheap for you to try.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jskis masterblaster is a great EC ski that can mess around but also has backbone for solo time. I bet you’d like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got a pair of 179cm Nordica Enforcer 88’s that could be a good East coast Dad ski for you. I skied them half a day and they just weren’t my jam. Let me know if you’d be interested, and I’d probably take the Super Turbo’s in trade depending on their condition. I’m in Maine

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    I’ve got a pair of 179cm Nordica Enforcer 88’s that could be a good East coast Dad ski for you. I skied them half a day and they just weren’t my jam. Let me know if you’d be interested, and I’d probably take the Super Turbo’s in trade depending on their condition. I’m in Maine
    I'd be down for that - PM me. I'm seacoast NH.