Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Update Chrome, man!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    I drove up to Loveland on Saturday around 8:00am. I have never seen so many out of state plates on I-70 (which says a lot). Georgia, Missouri, Ohio, Virgina, etc...all loaded with gear and stickered up (meaning not rentals).

Absolutely fucking astounding how fucked we are here in CO, and also I am betting we MAY make it to mid December before the whole state gets shut down.

We should have built Trump's wall on the Kansas and Nebraska borders and made the Midwest pay for it.
    I have been stunned by the amount of out of state plates I have seen since Covid began. I went to Walden this summer thinking I could get away from it. I have been hunting and hiking the Walden area my whole life and rarely see an out of state plate. This summer I literally saw dozens of giant out of state RVs and watched in horror as these Texans, Missourians, Ohioans, etc asked the clerk at the gas station "Where can we drive our RV to see a moose"?

Fortunately I was able to get to some spots those fucking 60' RVs couldn't get to and had some peace and quiet on some small streams.

I have been saying for the past 4 years, once I discovered building walls was fashionable, that we need to build a wall on our southern border, around Texas, to keep the fucking Texans in. At this point, as a guide, I am ready to give up their business just to keep them from totally desecrating all of our public lands.
    Last edited by cspringsposer; 11-24-2020 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by been in it View Post
    Heard a rumor that the powers to be at Steamboat are holding off on opening until they can begin to sell day tickets & open dining and bars, etc... in other words make more $. Or maybe they don't want to contribute to spread. Anyways the rumor that made it to me. That would be interesting I suppose? I'm still baffled by the constant crowds of tourists throughout the summer and fall.

The latest opening plan wasn't great anyways.

Crazy busy in this part of the state still. Saw more out of state plates than usual while I was working in north park yesterday.

Wash yer mitts
    Their social media sure makes it seem like they are going to open next week. It sure looks thin....like really no snow besides what they are making.

We will be back up there Sunday either way for the rest of December. Bringing the gravel bikes and touring gear.

It’s not like the state line is some magical boundary that locks out stupid. Everyone of these 50 United States has stupidity already included inside it. There is no escaping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    It’s not like the state line is some magical boundary that locks out stupid. Everyone of these 50 United States has stupidity already included inside it. There is no escaping it.
    Texans are just a special kind of stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    Texans are just a special kind of stupid.
    Yes they are

Wasn't Trump going to build a wall in southern Colorado to keep out the New Mexicans?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ck-ctn-vpx.cnn

New Mexico wouldn't pay for it is what I heard.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Maybe back in March or this summer you could blame the texans and other tourists, but at this point, we are in full on saturation mode. It is local giving it to locals. Families giving it to families, roommates and friends all hanging out together.

As much shit as I'll talk on TX all day long, they aren't really the problem in this particular circumstance.

Look at Nebraska. Nobody fucking goes there. Why would you. Sturgis? OK, that was how long ago? No, it is spreading amongst the people who live there. Just like everywhere else.

At this point, would bet the full monty that the local infection rate is 10 times higher than the invading goober populace.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Exactly. You can blame tourists for presenting individual cases, but it’s spreading because people are lazy and don’t give a fuck. We live right down the street from my kid’s school, everyday there’s twenty kids all over the playground, parents not wearing masks standing around next to each other. I guarantee I drive around town on Thursday and it’ll be groups of local plates parked in front of people’s houses having a thanksgiving covid party, and when cases continue to rise we’ll all just be SHOCKED.

Heard Mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Heard Mentality.
    What?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I'm not saying we are exempt from stupid in CO, I am just saying that after guiding thousands of Coloradoans, Texans, Pennsylvanians, etc, that Texans are just extra fucking stupid.

That said, the biggest tip I ever received was from some 275+ lb Texan that about killed the horse he packed in on. 5k tip for putting him on a scrawny ass elk that "fulfilled his life dream". I appreciate the tip, but he should probably have better dreams.

Re all this talk of Texas. The original post was going back four years and was just against Texans in general, not related to covid.
    I have been saying for the past 4 years, once I discovered building walls was fashionable, that we need to build a wall on our southern border, around Texas, to keep the fucking Texans in. At this point, as a guide, I am ready to give up their business just to keep them from totally desecrating all of our public lands.

so as you can see the hate is justified, and should continue in the pandemic world and even into the post pandemic world.

You know how many CO plates I saw in UT last month? More Greenies than Delicate arches.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    You know how many CO plates I saw in UT last month? More Greenies than Delicate arches.
    It's a conversion strategy to take over the eastern part of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    It's a conversion strategy to take over the eastern part of the state.
    We are losing ground in the southeast, so from a purely strategic military perspective, we probably need to seize new territory. Welcome to ColoUtah!

Mormorado?

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Mormorado?
    I laughed

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    What?
    You herd him.

To be fair, I'm willing to succeed everything east of Denver for everything east of Salina.

Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    That said, the biggest tip I ever received was from some 275+ lb Texan that about killed the horse he packed in on. 5k tip for putting him on a scrawny ass elk that "fulfilled his life dream". I appreciate the tip, but he should probably have better dreams.
    big billy badass native coloradan cant even put a client on a good elk? lol

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    To be fair, I'm willing to succeed everything east of Denver for everything east of Salina.
    Have to try hard in life to secede.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    big billy badass native coloradan cant even put a client on a good elk? lol
    Nope. We all fail sometimes.