Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Of course New Mexico will never open, so they probably have already won this contest.
    Su negative...
    https://live2.brownrice.com/embed/tsv

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I’ll add International Sporting Event Management and Budgeting to the expertise section on your resume. Shall I put above or under your expertise in Ski Resort Management and Operations? Maybe after your expertise in Resort Acquisitions and Mergers, since you’re an expert on that subject as well.
    I didn’t think you were just going to sit this one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    But, in one case, I'll bite. Are you familiar with the whole Park City debacle? Really?
    Yes, very much so.
    I know Vail paid $182.5 for the resort, to gain an additional $23M in revenue.
    Ski Resorts Valuation in calculated by projected annual revenue multiplied by the industry average of 7.2% to 7.4%.
    POWDR got just a hair under 8% for the sale of PCMR to Vail.

how much money do the spancers kick in for a race ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    how much money do the spancers kick in for a race ?
    XXX I think we have had cross conversations about what I do for a living. And your experience during the 2010 Olympics. You’ve joked that “I’m one of those guys that skis around with the FIS gods”

But you are right, sponsors play a large role in the budget of one of these events.
    Domestic or International sponsor, on course branding, bib sponsor, gate sponsor, on field of play, or outside within camera shot?
    Cash sponsor, or VIK?

Yes, very much so.
    I know Vail paid $182.5 for the resort, to gain an additional $23M in revenue.
    Ski Resorts Valuation in calculated by projected annual revenue multiplied by the industry average of 7.2% to 7.4%.
    POWDR got just a hair under 8% for the sale of PCMR to Vail.
    You're skipping over the whole "hey, did we renew that juicy lease deal on the land we're operating on? Let's see when that deadline is. [Russling of papers] wha? Holy Shit!

And, poof, their largest source of revenue, bye bye. I'd be emabarresed to show my face in the biz after that one.

XXX I think we have had cross conversations about what I do for a living. And your experience during the 2010 Olympics. You’ve joked that “I’m one of those guys that skis around with the FIS gods”

But you are right, sponsors play a large role in the budget of one of these events.
    Domestic or International sponsor, on course branding, bib sponsor, gate sponsor, on field of play, or outside within camera shot?
    Cash sponsor, or VIK?
    Oh, you're one of those people. Makes sense now.

Benny, is my recollection from the forum incorrect? Are you not a retired desk jockey that sold something like copy paper for a living?
    I’m not trying to duck swing, but I’ll gladly exchange my information about my expertise in International Sporting Events and Resort Operations.

Cash sponsor, or VIK?
    well exactly which is why I am asking you where that money goes

Rick Hume was the guy I always seen talking directly to god, Rick spent time up here so some of the guys know him,

there were a lot of ski racers in the smithers ski club and all those guys are raising more ski racers, its a strong club we even had an olympic coach running the program for a bit

After the Canadian ski X champs in PG were canceled we pulled off a great race with only 6 days notice

from what I see when even a kids race come to town its very good for local economy, hotels/ restaurants/ shopping/ they bring a family who buys lift passes ect

First to Close???

All towards the operational expenses.
    According to Bunny it cost $1M just to make snow for a GS race course.
    from what I see when even a kids race come to town its very good for local economy, hotels/ restaurants/ shopping/ they bring a family who buys lift passes ect
    I’m glad somebody gets it.
    You guys have a good thing going on in Smithers. Don’t ever forget that by dreaming the grass is greener on the other side.

I couldnt wait to get out of whis after 3 weeks at 2010 olympics

and i felt the same way about 2 weeks at 08 WC

but it was a way to hang out for zero $ and I'm over it

I think we all know the grass is plenty green enough up here

its really just a ski club, no pretensions everyone is welcome

hey amigos, the thread isn´t about the race or the rave.

so stubaier-glacier put a traffic light on the road to the resort and will only give a limited group of cars a go per time.
    so they try to regulate the lift-line on the bottom. could work. as they will never hit 100% this season.

the closure for italy seems a bit drastic. but wow i guess here in austria it is just one or two steps away.
    rather close lifts than schools?

but for italy makes sense rather have the slopes closed then the industry... anyway november is not the time to make money.
    christmas still to come hohohohohoh

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    rather close lifts than schools?
    Um, duh?

Children need some kind of continuity to their education. Nobody NEEDS to ride a chairlift.

kids get thursday apres-noon off to ski/ chase bamboo/ free ski

I fully support that. I only got to ski under the lights after class 3 nights a week.

Rick Hume was the guy I always seen talking directly to god, Rick spent time up here so some of the guys know him,

there were a lot of ski racers in the smithers ski club and all those guys are raising more ski racers, its a strong club we even had an olympic coach running the program for a bit

After the Canadian ski X champs in PG were canceled we pulled off a great race with only 6 days notice

Oh, yes. We the race gods will make up for our behavior by scattering some coins and leftover food to the proles in the sad places we have to compete in. Charity. Yeah, then on to the next town, full speed ahead. How nice. Gee, thanks! Will you be back next year Lord, will you? I'll hold a table and room! A whole weekend! Maybe even a whole week! That'll pay my mortgage.

I'm talking long term. I'm talking, first, running an essentially farming business as debt free as possible these days, so that you can prove to your customers, many that are even second generation families, like, 60 years of being, like it or not, an institution in Vermont and the northeast winter sports scene, that you can run the business without at least going BANKRUPT through stupid decisions of your own, not the loyal customer's who has been spending their hard earned money at your mountain and, also, the shops and restaraunts and hotels and gas stations for the other oh, 26 OR SO WEEKS IN THE SKI SEASON, not just your one race show week. Let's start there.

Fucking finance people have really screwed things up, but that's an old story.

are you sure you are bloviating on the correct thread here burnie ?

I was channeling through your post back to Dee. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Summit county hands down closed before they open govt is run by communists who get paychecks no matter what they will wait till Nov 5th to officially pull the plug is the rumor pretty much everyone has the flu here seriously
    I'll take this bet.

None of the ski areas are going to close. Nothing can be done to stop the spread at this point without bankrupting most businesses in the country, so why pick on ski areas. It's party on, Garth, until we have a vaccine.

Um no one gives a shit about anything other than stopping the make believe flue your income or financial security don't matter the three kids and a few other people killed themselves this year in summit county don't matter swept under the rug cause all that matters is the flu no one cares that being outside skiing and riding lifts provides an amazing impact on people's mental health

Summit is done restaurants lifts all closed in less than two weeks probably by next monday politicians and govt workers get paid regardless pretending to protect yourself from yourself the number of people who have the flu in summit is crazy you can't even get tested and get results less than 4 days total the testing people aren't even following the regulation written on paper it's a junk show everyone I know that got it got it and got sick and are back at it

Fuck all of this

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    None of the ski areas are going to close. Nothing can be done to stop the spread at this point without bankrupting most businesses in the country, so why pick on ski areas. It's party on, Garth, until we have a vaccine.
    Posts like this really illustrate what a weak-willed, selfish, short-sighted, avaricious and downright pathetic people we are as Americans. If I could renounce my citizenship and apply for refugee status somewhere else as a stateless individual, I would.

Dudes. Italy won. Scroll back.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Posts like this really illustrate what a weak-willed, selfish, short-sighted, avaricious and downright pathetic people we are as Americans. If I could renounce my citizenship and apply for refugee status somewhere else as a stateless individual, I would.
    Wooosh

I said it in another thread--the coronavirus is perfectly engineered. Spread by people who don't know they have it. Kills a lot of people, but not enough that everyone has someone close to them who dies, so wrecking businesses to control it doesn't seem worth it, but kills enough to frighten people from patronizing said businesses and kills enough to overrun the hospitals and HCW's. Opening up seems wrong. Shutting things down seems wrong. There isn't a right answer so maybe we could accept that fact and be more tolerant of each other's opinion. The only thing that is right for sure is to wear a mask, wash your hands and stay as far away from people as you practically can. There is absolutely no downside to doing that. None.

Head of the Intermountain hospital system in Utah on the tube tonight. He blames the surge in Utah on the schools, initially 15-25 year olds, but now they've spread it to older more vulnerable people so the hospitals are filling. They can open more beds but no more docs and nurses with the skills. If you do get sick you might be taken care of by dermatologist and a school nurse.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I have $37 for a gofundme to help speed you along. Guarantee others will happily pitch in..