Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Not to be a smartass....but a truly honest question in a conspiracy kind of way...lol.

As a medical guy, “Do you think it was engineered by some faction for exactly what you say?”......like a medical form of terrorism? Could something like this be made in a lab?

Cuz it worked if it was.....it has changed the way we live.....possibly for a long time...
    how has Covid affected trade & business for China that being all the shit they make & ship to the rest of the world

Wouldn't unleashing Covid be killing the goose that lays the golden egg ?

how many chinese got killed,

do you think they are they really that stupid ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

No gondola or lift rides for one month in austria.
    Only professionals who participate in international contests or finance there living with sports are allowed uphill.

Wolf Creek is closing for Mon-Tues.

Today is their first Saturday, and webcams look like perfect enforcement/compliance, and perfect at limiting crowding.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WolfCreek-2020-10-31 at 10.17.28 AM.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	386.4 KB 
ID:	345774

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post

Today is their first Saturday, and webcams look like perfect enforcement/compliance, and perfect at limiting crowding.

I like that they have a separate area for boarders.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I think a 20" base in October does a pretty good job of enforcing social distancing.

one boarder is wearing shorts??? i know you cool, but boy you could get a cold while sitting around

Sunday webcams of Wolf Creek once again look like perfect enforcement/compliance, and perfect at limiting crowding.

Looks like lift lines have been a non-issue so far at Wolf Creek. A Saturday witness said the staff "welcome crew" was emphatic about communicating the rules, and he said no indoor spaces were open to the public except restrooms---nothing to do at the ski area except "ski & pee", can sit at some picnic tables on an outdoor deck, and a social media video of opening day Wednesday showed a 4-person "private micro-tailgater" with a propane grill in their pickup truck.

Sounds healthy and low-risk, and sounds respectful of public health guidelines. We'll see if any staff or skiers catch any infections.

Name:	WolfCreek.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	386.2 KB 
ID:	345906

Last edited by Vitamin I; 11-01-2020 at 03:38 PM.

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    how has Covid affected trade & business for China that being all the shit they make & ship to the rest of the world

Wouldn't unleashing Covid be killing the goose that lays the golden egg ?

how many chinese got killed,

do you think they are they really that stupid ?
    Yeah, nobody gains from a global pandemic! You don't get rich by burning down your neighbor's house. China also sacrificed a great deal; a friend of a friend lost her father, not due to the pandemic, but because the hospitals were only dealing with COVID cases. The lockdowns there were unimaginably severe—the streets were deserted for weeks.

I do not believe the Chinese created SARS--CoV--2, not until some reputable scientists tell me they did.
    But don't kid yourself about China. Under Xi they are no longer interested in just mercantilism. They are interested in imperialism. The aggressive treatment of Hong Kong and the Uigers, building military islands and claiming ownership of the South China Sea, the over-the-top reaction to criticism of the treatment of Uigers by one NBA owner, the predatory infrastructure projects in South America and Africa. They are following the blueprint of the United States--world domination by military power, if necessary at the expense of the populace. Do you think Xi misses 4600 people who died from Covid?

The West had better figure out how to be self sufficient in manufacturing. The Chinese policy has been to become the single or primary source for a huge variety of goods and resources--rare earrths especially--by competing on price. This was a planned strategy that took decades to implement. Having established monopolies they will now start to raise prices and to restrict access to critical goods and materials to achieve acquiescence to their global ambiitons. It will take the West decades to restore its manufacturing capacity.

China engineering Covid 2 may not make sense from a virological standpoint but it does make sense from a geopolitical standpoint, as a means of weakening their enemies, and make no mistake, they view the US and the West as enemies.

Looks great to me! Props to Wolf Creek!

I was looking at their cam in the afternoon and it looked pretty chill. the remoteness obviously helps but I kinda thought it was still going to be a shit show. If this was 2005 I would expect half a dozen TRs on the main page about it already! Gives hope for some quiet days this winter...

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I do not believe the Chinese created SARS--CoV--2, not until some reputable scientists tell me they did.
    But don't kid yourself about China. Under Xi they are no longer interested in just mercantilism. They are interested in imperialism. The aggressive treatment of Hong Kong and the Uigers, building military islands and claiming ownership of the South China Sea, the over-the-top reaction to criticism of the treatment of Uigers by one NBA owner, the predatory infrastructure projects in South America and Africa. They are following the blueprint of the United States--world domination by military power, if necessary at the expense of the populace. Do you think Xi misses 4600 people who died from Covid?

The West had better figure out how to be self sufficient in manufacturing. The Chinese policy has been to become the single or primary source for a huge variety of goods and resources--rare earrths especially--by competing on price. This was a planned strategy that took decades to implement. Having established monopolies they will now start to raise prices and to restrict access to critical goods and materials to achieve acquiescence to their global ambiitons. It will take the West decades to restore its manufacturing capacity.

China engineering Covid 2 may not make sense from a virological standpoint but it does make sense from a geopolitical standpoint, as a means of weakening their enemies, and make no mistake, they view the US and the West as enemies.
    Thread drift?

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Thread drift?

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Ya think?
    I didn't realize I was responding to a 40 post JONG though. Shouldn't have bothered.

It was a good rant though...

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    It was a good rant though...
    +

Sunday webcams of Wolf Creek once again look like perfect enforcement/compliance, and perfect at limiting crowding.
    Nobody's fucking going there! The snow turned to refrozen shit-fuck following opening day and was very thin in places yesterday. Very warm during the day, so skiing after noon wasn't very fun. I saw no signs of mask / crowd analness, but then, folks generally wore masks whilst in line and it's kinda tough to generate a crowd with fewer than one hundred vehicles in the various parking lots. Also, drivers were directed to park adjacent to other cars and people were walking right next to each other or passed very closely to one another.

To summarize more succinctly, The staff at Wolfy doesn't seem to be taking enforcement all that seriously. This is good; they shouldn't.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

You feel that people shouldn't park next to another vehicle? Holy Guacamole, how do you buy groceries? I feel like I am trying to be safe, but then when I see what others are doing I realize others are taking this to a whole other level. How do you live while not walking past another person?

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Nobody's fucking going there! The snow turned to refrozen shit-fuck following opening day and was very thin in places yesterday. Very warm during the day, so skiing after noon wasn't very fun. I saw no signs of mask / crowd analness, but then, folks generally wore masks whilst in line and it's kinda tough to generate a crowd with fewer than one hundred vehicles in the various parking lots. Also, drivers were directed to park adjacent to other cars and people were walking right next to each other or passed very closely to one another.

To summarize more succinctly, The staff at Wolfy doesn't seem to be taking enforcement all that seriously. This is good; they shouldn't.
    Whilst?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    You feel that people shouldn't park next to another vehicle?
    No. Pack 'em in, I say. But "parking distance" has been somewhat controversial, and the Wolfy pre-season on-line survey (which I participated) there was mention of "spreading" cars around in the lots.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Nobody's fucking going there! The snow turned to refrozen shit-fuck following opening day and was very thin in places yesterday. Very warm during the day, so skiing after noon wasn't very fun. I saw no signs of mask / crowd analness, but then, folks generally wore masks whilst in line and it's kinda tough to generate a crowd with fewer than one hundred vehicles in the various parking lots. Also, drivers were directed to park adjacent to other cars and people were walking right next to each other or passed very closely to one another...
    Thanks for the first-hand report. Sweet. Your description of spending time at Wolf Creek sounds way less infectious than the ways Americans spend their time whilst they're NOT at Wolf Creek. So, only skiing can stop the spread. It's science.

Your description of spending time at Wolf Creek sounds way less infectious ...
    Don't jump to conclusions- I didn't bring condoms either day I skied there.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Winter park pushing their opening back past Thanksgiving, partly due to Covid

Sent from my VS996 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Winter park pushing their opening back past Thanksgiving, partly due to Covid

Sent from my VS996 using TGR Forums mobile app
    WP is already seeing comments on their socials about "we already have vacation plans omg!"
    Season of hedged bets, good luck to anyone trying to make plans.

Shut 'em all down, there will still be plenty of skiing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Shut 'em all down, there will still be plenty of skiing to do.
    Name:  d5ea3ffc478ce245490f085142eb0847.jpg
Views: 1169
Size:  9.1 KB