Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    That the first amendment is pretty clear on freedom of assembly and that court rulings to the contrary are wrong.
    Which rulings?
    Has Congress made any laws prohibiting peaceable assembly?

The First Amendment protects peaceful, not violent, assembly. However, there must a “clear and present danger” or an “imminent incitement of lawlessness” before government officials may restrict free-assembly rights. Otherwise, the First Amendment’s high purpose can too easily be sacrificed on the altar of political expediency.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

That the first amendment is pretty clear on freedom of assembly and that court rulings to the contrary are wrong.
    Are you stating that your first amendment rights are absolute, and there are no legal boundaries applicable to them?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    So perpetuating it is a good idea?

Hey, well, he chimed in.

C'mon, it's not fuckin awesome.

Skiing and sex are fucking awesome.

Seeing your fellow citizens being duped into making bad decisions is not fucking awesome.

Lots of us disagree about the right wings response to COVID as well as the election. If people want to stoke those divisions, I think that's weak.

I get it about being tired of the different views on this stuff, views that are promoted by the lies of leaders, of people supposedly in trust.

But that kind of reveling in the opponents pending misery on social media is just as much of cause for the failure of democracy as the authoritarian manipulation that creates the divisions.
    you're right, I should have said 'fine'. I won't take joy in their suffering but there will be a satisfaction that science and physics and all the things that have been put into question still hold true.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    you're right, I should have said 'fine'. I won't take joy in their suffering but there will be a satisfaction that science and physics and all the things that have been put into question still hold true.
    OK.
    I'm the last person that should be promoting this g00dy2sh00z view, but our country is so fucking divided right now.

I don't think we'll ever be able to convince that 70+ million that Trump is full of shit if we keep treating them like shit.

I'm not backing off on the fact that Trump. Bannon, Stone, Pompeo, Barr, Starr, et al are the absolute scum of the autocratic earth who are trying to destroy American democracy.

i know, I know, polyass, but this is more fundamental.

You dentists-turned-lawyers sure know how to suck the fun out of a conversation. Good thing there aren’t any parties for you to be not-fun at.

(summit excepted, you’re still cool)
    Ad hominem, eh?
    Sorry to have questioned your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    its a real shame we don't have some type of moderator to help keep these threads on track.
    Take your ass to alpinezone. I don't agree with a lot of shit posted on TGR, but I do appreciate that it is real people's thoughts and not watered down. Fuck censorship.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Are you using yur peips as a sarcasm meter?
    Check the switch
    Or consider the right tool for the job
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Which resort will be the first to open and then close back down again?
    Who knows? But hopefully they stay more on track than this thread. Seems like the biggest threat if an employee outbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Take your ass to alpinezone. I don't agree with a lot of shit posted on TGR, but I do appreciate that it is real people's thoughts and not watered down. Fuck censorship.
    Alpinezone is pretty much the

of ski/snowboard forums

Buster drop’n knowledge bombs. Preach.

I’m pretty certain many here in Vermont won’t have to worry bout closing bc they won’t open.

Raining now- Thanksgiving is iffy.

Hoping the stoke Gods decide to shine on us.

Utah is currently on non-standard care and recruiting nursing school students to help out with the strain. Place your bets! I haven't bought a pass yet this year.

what's an inalienable right? cause it seems like they've been alienated a lot of times to a lot of people for you to call them inalienable

or to put it another way; Inalienable-
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

pretty-sure the 'inalienable' Rights include and End with
    'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.' thou
    I know a few of you actually Are Constitutional scholars and
    I will look forward to being corrected...

( it is my understanding NM has closed 'ski basins' though I don't know that anything actually had been Open - and I will have to review If that was one of the OP's requirements... )

can this thread be moved to polyass ? ??

Be well -
    ( please ) Be Safe... skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    So perpetuating it is a good idea?

Hey, well, he chimed in.

C'mon, it's not fuckin awesome.

Skiing and sex are fucking awesome.

Seeing your fellow citizens being duped into making bad decisions is not fucking awesome.

Lots of us disagree about the right wings response to COVID as well as the election. If people want to stoke those divisions, I think that's weak.

I get it about being tired of the different views on this stuff, views that are promoted by the lies of leaders, of people supposedly in trust.

But that kind of reveling in the opponents pending misery on social media is just as much of cause for the failure of democracy as the authoritarian manipulation that creates the divisions.
    The problem is that you guys think people are so ignorant they were “duped” into believing something. Here’s a fact. I’m from Vermont. We’re known as super liberal. I can introduce you personally to tons of people that won’t be getting a vaccine. Me included. And they aren’t all trump supporters. And I’m not a trump supporter. I’m a libertarian before you start to tell me I was duped as well. They are free thinking Vermonters and citizens of the USA and the other side needs to start realizing it which ever side that is. I’m glad you guys hold yourselves on such a high pedestal and this you are so much smarter but that’s 99% of the problem because you aren’t any smarter. I just waded through the most condescending back and forth of how to justify the right as a bunch of morons. And you guys are so fucking ignorant that you got duped into discussing politics on the first to close page. So both of you go get your shots and make sure you drink the cool aid on the way out to the jet to the private island full of children. Say hi to Bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that was a rant.

And, it's Kool Aid.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    its sad poliassfucked bullshit that doesnt belong in this forum
    but yur the only person whose posts they have the time to fuck with
    go figure
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, that was a rant.

And, it's Kool Aid.
    Thanks Benny. Lol. I was thinking that as I typed it and said fuck it I don’t care, it will prove how ignorant I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    pretty-sure the 'inalienable' Rights include and End with
    'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.' thou
    I know a few of you actually Are Constitutional scholars and
    I will look forward to being corrected...
    I know what they are. i just disagree that they can't be taken away. because it happens all the time. we have the highest % of people without liberty in the world. we have cops killing innocent men women and children. etc.

First to Close???

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    The problem is that you guys think people are so ignorant they were “duped” into believing something. Here’s a fact. I’m from Vermont. We’re known as super liberal. I can introduce you personally to tons of people that won’t be getting a vaccine. Me included. And they aren’t all trump supporters. And I’m not a trump supporter. I’m a libertarian before you start to tell me I was duped as well. They are free thinking Vermonters and citizens of the USA and the other side needs to start realizing it which ever side that is. I’m glad you guys hold yourselves on such a high pedestal and this you are so much smarter but that’s 99% of the problem because you aren’t any smarter. I just waded through the most condescending back and forth of how to justify the right as a bunch of morons. And you guys are so fucking ignorant that you got duped into discussing politics on the first to close page. So both of you go get your shots and make sure you drink the cool aid on the way out to the jet to the private island full of children. Say hi to Bill.
    And as we all know there is no way a libertarian could ever be duped. Are you taking your cues from "Dr." Rand Paul?

edit- not saying you have been duped. Just that being a libertarian isn’t proof you haven’t.
    There’s very duped people on all sides
    Last edited by powdork; 11-16-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I cant imagine WA isn't far behind....
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Not sure I would consider that pulling the plug. More like delayed opening at the moment.

a question for the smart folks. If both the pfizer and moderna vaccines are rolled out at roughly the same time, will that effectively add to the number of doses available or will the delivery constraints still limit the initial number of doses available, or somewhere in between. My understanding is that while both require two shots, moderna's does not need to be kept at low temps whereas at this point pfizer's does. that would seem to suggest separate delivery chains but I don't really know.

More is mo betta
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.