Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    No more ski town orgies? Fine, then I'm just going backcountry skiing this year.

One instance? Do you think that's the only party town in the alps? You dont think America has ski towns with a bar scene like that? Fuck, ever been shoulder to shoulder in the Mangy Moose? Or closer to home, Pickle Barrel and Wobbly Barn? Hell, without places like that, 70% of weekend customers won't even bothering coming. I've known some people at Killington who barely skied or rode, and they were actually pretty good skiers. It's a way of life. It's why they ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    One woman described the club scene as “wet”. What I’m saying is we’ve learned a lot. These people were like fuck it, let’s party. Had they not thrown 24 hour orgies, which has nothing to do with skiing, the town wouldn’t have been a super epicenter. But now ski resorts have a tough stigma to deal with because of that one instance.

I would like to hope That no American resort is going to take any chance of that happening again, in places of business anyway.
    I too hope we have learned lessons but every Resort has their own disconnected plan.

We will see.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    One instance? Do you think that's the only party town in the alps? You dont think America has ski towns with a bar scene like that? Fuck, ever been shoulder to shoulder in the Mangy Moose? Or closer to home, Pickle Barrel and Wobbly Barn? Hell, without places like that, 70% of weekend customers won't even bothering coming. I've known some people at Killington who barely skied or rode, and they were actually pretty good skiers. It's a way of life. It's why they ski.
    Less so in canuckistan... which you can't visit.

My plan is mid week and the bigger places and weekends at small resorts... but that is all relative based on where you live.

Well Benny, on one hand you think Vermont will be overrun by tourists. On the other, you say people just come to party, it won’t be both ways. The Burlington college kids are not causing outbreaks, partly because there are bar capacity/hour restrictions. Same will be true in Killington, or liquor licenses will be pulled no doubt. Of course that’s just here, each state will differ. Though I’d imagine back alley beat downs will be considered for unruly bar owners in any ski town.

No, I never said Vermont will be over run by tourists. What I said is Vermont needs tourists. Without them the poverty will spread even further. And, I certainly can't imagine Killington blowing a lot of snow and grooming much with no tourists, although that place has made some bad financial decisions under Powdr, like the World Cup. Hopefully they weren't obligated to pay for that non existent event this year. And, if Killington doesn't blow snow and groom in a place where it rains more than it snows, like last year, then, less tourists. Vicious cycle .

No, I never said Vermont will be over run by tourists. What I said is Vermont needs tourists. Without them the poverty will spread even further. And, I certainly can't imagine Killington blowing a lot of snow and grooming much with no tourists, although that place has made some bad financial decisions under Powdr, like the World Cup. Hopefully they weren't obligated to pay for that non existent event this year. And, if Killington doesn't blow snow and groom in a place where it rains more than it snows, like last year, then, less tourists. Vicious cycle .
    We’ve got a 7% unemployment rate right now. Vermont will be ok. Tough folks in this neck of the woods.
    And we’ll see how the resorts do, they’ve dealt with crap snow years before so they know a little about down years.

sorry for coming back to the picture from last sunday here at the glacier.
    People are told in the whole country to keep social distance. for example birthday parties are canceled because of infection rates and then you see 500 standing in line for a gondola? of course there are questions arising.

Cloudmont AL has a lock on this one

My theory on greatest risk to any resort is employee/local parties are what will drive a closure. One good rager and the virus will rip through a ski school locker room like a fat kid on a sammich

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    I think a huge amount of people will be absolutely shocked to find out how much skiing they actually do when they’re not fucking off in the bar all damn day. When you consider how many people won’t be in the bar/restaurant/shops/etc. it means more people on the hill and in the lift maze despite fewer people at the hill. Make no mistake, limited capacity is still going to be plenty fucking busy.

Icy, windy, cold. Pussies go home.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

is this the future of the pleasure industry?

i guess people wont scrap there lift immediately... but in the long run....

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    One woman described the club scene as “wet”. What I’m saying is we’ve learned a lot. These people were like fuck it, let’s party. Had they not thrown 24 hour orgies, which has nothing to do with skiing, the town wouldn’t have been a super epicenter. But now ski resorts have a tough stigma to deal with because of that one instance.

I would like to hope That no American resort is going to take any chance of that happening again, in places of business anyway.
    The resorts have zero control over what people do when they're not on the slopes.
    One of our neighbors--full timer--has 8 cars parked at his house and on the neighbors' properties this weekend. And there has not been a flake of snow yet.
    Right now CA is enjoying at least stable cases and deaths--but it won't last as cold temps drive people indoors.
    I fear we will see a recurrence of early in the pandemic, when things like parks and trails and travel to outdoor day recreation shut down not because of any rational reason but because they were easy targets and there was a general Puritanical belief that it was immoral for people to be recreating when other people were dying. Hopefully the powers that be will recognize that people need safety valves and that outdoor recreation is about as good a safety valve as there is.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    I think a huge amount of people will be absolutely shocked to find out how much skiing they actually do when they’re not fucking off in the bar all damn day. When you consider how many people won’t be in the bar/restaurant/shops/etc. it means more people on the hill and in the lift maze despite fewer people at the hill. Make no mistake, limited capacity is still going to be plenty fucking busy.
    This. "Skiing" for a huge amount of people means going away for the weekend getting hammered and skiing 2 laps between 11am and noon and then being in a bar until 12am.

Abasin -- first to open and first to close. Since Summit Co is starting to outbreak....

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Seems like ID and MT are making a push.
    I’m not sure though, isn’t this COVID shit supposed to end 11/4
    I could definitely see Snowbowl trying to go toe to toe with the Missoula County Health Department and getting shut down

Health Dept has already been going after bars aka super spreaders.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    I agree that bridger is not Austria but I don't think this has anything to do with political leanings... places where a lot of people congregate will be problematic and where there are few people will be less so. More people at mega resorts than smaller towns.

Seeing pictures of lift lines in Colorado on a powder day last year makes me think places like Vail could be as problematic as Austria... but one of my local favourites is castle mountain alberta and their lower attendance would make me feel safer.

And I'm pretty sure these transmissions were traced to one ski resort in particular, not the country of austria.

It can happen.

Except people have been flocking to small towns. Missoula, Bozeman, Kalispell? It's almost crowded, I tells ya! Oh, and 0% vacancy rate on rentals no matter how fast they build.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    Somebody mentioned Austria.... nothing to see here... please move on...
    last weekend Stubaier Glacier

Attachment 344497
    i am curious how many they gonna load ona high speed Six Pack. Will they fill them because everyone is wearing a Mask? Or is it mask and only two at a time. And will there be an exception for a Family Husband + wife+ two kids? I want to just stand around and watch that shit show. Will Cali hire undercover covid police to hand out fines to the resort operators. Or will the high paid lifties get the citations
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    i am curious how many they gonna load ona high speed Six Pack. Will they fill them because everyone is wearing a Mask? Or is it mask and only two at a time. And will there be an exception for a Family Husband + wife+ two kids? I want to just stand around and watch that shit show. Will Cali hire undercover covid police to hand out fines to the resort operators. Or will the high paid lifties get the citations

thats a good question..... in austria lifts are rated as public transport... so it is basicly the same as riding a bus, a train or the metro, in the rushhour they are filled to the brim, i guess, the same at a big resort, if you like it or not.

wearing masks is obligatory here!
    what i have observed, people don´t want to sit with strangers in a gondola.
    but if you are with your family(4) and a stranger hops on the 8person gondola, thats how it is.

things might change in the next month and there is a lot of room for improvement for safety related tasks.

Except people have been flocking to small towns. Missoula, Bozeman, Kalispell? It's almost crowded, I tells ya! Oh, and 0% vacancy rate on rentals no matter how fast they build.
    That's alarming but even easier to see how government would step in on ski resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    This. "Skiing" for a huge amount of people means going away for the weekend getting hammered and skiing 2 laps between 11am and noon and then being in a bar until 12am.
    On the worst day, Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    My theory on greatest risk to any resort is employee/local parties are what will drive a closure. One good rager and the virus will rip through a ski school locker room like a fat kid on a sammich
    2nd-ed.

And, I certainly can't imagine Killington blowing a lot of snow and grooming much with no tourists, although that place has made some bad financial decisions under Powdr, like the World Cup. Hopefully they weren't obligated to pay for that non existent event this year.
    Benny in your opinion what is a bad financial decision about hosting the World Cup? And what would they be obligated to have to pay for an event that was canceled well before the date?

Name:  bambi.png
Views: 3528
Size:  294.2 KB
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....