Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Nothing matters until about a week or so after Thanksgiving. That's going to be bad. Then, it's just going to be a crime to allow the multitudes around ski hills Xmas week.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    thanks for the links benny probably won't read unless I get real board
    I'm prone to alot got stories and stories and stories
    if the fuck heads shut things down to save a few lives it's bullshit
    the skate park the playgrounds everything was shut down to save people and two kids off'd themselves they had no where to go nothing to do
    keep the resorts open keep people outside happy and healthy
    I said last season--I think--that the outdoor closures, especially stuff like parks, forests, etc was BS. I get the resorts closing when they did--they needed to figure out how to operate and protect their staff and try to keep guests from infecting each other, but they should have it figured out. The more people can get outside the less they're going to gather inside. Closures, occupancy limits, other restrictions need to have some basis in science and not just be public health theater. Yeah, people skiing while other people are dying is bad optics, but fuck the optics.

As you say it's particularly hard on the kids. Classrooms aren't the only place kids can learn. They should be ways to organize outdoor activities and education. I spent a month one January teaching outdoor education at a YMCA camp near Jackson MI to Cleveland public school kids. Needless to say the poorest kids got to go in January. We had to give them gloves, hats and scarfs. But I think it was the best week of the year for them. One kid followed me around like a puppy--we walked for miles on the lake. (Skating for miles on a big lake is a blast.)

Anyway, if the adults care about the kids then prove it by wearing masks etc, so they can go back to school sooner.

First to Close???

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    CO gov just spoke and sounded like he is pretty strongly against another lockdown, or even taking stronger measures than the state is currently taking. We will see, fingers crossed
    Colorado had over 6000 new cases reported today. 5500 yesterday. WTF is he waiting for? Something needs to be changed. I get you can’t close everything but....
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 11-13-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Colorado had over 6000 new cases reported today. 5500 yesterday. WTF is he waiting for? Something needs to be changed. I get you can’t close everything but....
    He claimed the current spike is from Halloween, and that he hopes the guidance in the last few weeks to keep gatherings within the household will mean the spike is going to plateau in the next week or so. I don't buy it, if he thinks people are listening to "guidance" from the governor, I don't know what to tell him. Probably going to get worse before it gets better. Just hope we can ski safely, whether it be now or later in the season.

its the flu as soon as everyone gets over there fear we can move on
    ski season yes I welcome all the gapers to my town and hope they have a great time here
    and everyone showed up for opening weekend weather they ski or not

its the flu as soon as everyone gets over there fear we can move on....
    Obviously you're not an epidemiologist with that kinda grammar.

Take a fucking lap

blow me
    hooked up to 2L of o2 thats my life
    whats yours? living a life of fear is bullshit
    I'm living life

its the flu as soon as everyone gets over there fear we can move on
    ski season yes I welcome all the gapers to my town and hope they have a great time here
    and everyone showed up for opening weekend weather they ski or not
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    He claimed the current spike is from Halloween, and that he hopes the guidance in the last few weeks to keep gatherings within the household will mean the spike is going to plateau in the next week or so. I don't buy it, if he thinks people are listening to "guidance" from the governor, I don't know what to tell him. Probably going to get worse before it gets better. Just hope we can ski safely, whether it be now or later in the season.
    I don’t buy it either. I feel like without federal aid, there is no plan. No way to get people to shut down. We desperately need one though. Do 2-3 weeks like NM. Get things reset a bit. At this pace we’re on, skiing is the least of our worries.

blow me
    hooked up to 2L of o2 thats my life
    whats yours? living a life of fear is bullshit
    I'm living life
    I'd rather toss your salad MAGA Man

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I think he's trying to get his stimulus package passed and he knows he can't get it approved if he's talking shutdown. Don't forget there's plenty enough Boebert voters on my side of the hill.

Hate to pile on the thread drift, but the correlation between altitude and suicides is really interesting. Especially that it holds up across countries.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xwnp...itude-suicides

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Holy fuck comments are toxic, which I know very well as I've made my voice heard extremly loud to both the publisher and the editor of my local paper
    Someone recently said that reading the online comments section of the Vail Daily and Summit Daily is the equivalent sticking your head in the pit toilet of the busiest campsite on July 5th.

The editors do NOT give a fuck. The public and many companies and organizations have been complaining especially since there are a few commenters who are known trolls who are incredibly prolific. The papers just call it free speech but really they don't give a shit and can't be bothered.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

The time to act was a week ago with a lockdown through Dec 7 gradually relaxing and opening up to Yellow around Dec 18. That would have saved us likely and saved Christmas/New Years for our ski communities.

It's too late. That the ship was sinking was crystal clear for weeks. Now the deck is awash and we are about to go under, and still Polis is like "ah maybe if the hospitals collapse I'll do something." To pump it out and get things open is gonna be late January at best. The hospitals are cancelling electives, the equivalent of cutting their own financial throats, in an attempt to stave off collapse. Actions take many weeks to change the course.

"We are going to have to act if we want to live in a different world."
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I think the biggest challenge is not should we or shouldn't we lock down. It is that ultimately, rules are for those that want to follow them. You can mandate masks and distance and closures or whatnot but if people want to have a super spreader event in their basement I'm not sure we have the political and societal will to do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    The time to act was a week ago with a lockdown through Dec 7 gradually relaxing and opening up to Yellow around Dec 18. That would have saved us likely and saved Christmas/New Years for our ski communities.

It's too late. That the ship was sinking was crystal clear for weeks. Now the deck is awash and we are about to go under, and still Polis is like "ah maybe if the hospitals collapse I'll do something." To pump it out and get things open is gonna be late January at best. The hospitals are cancelling electives, the equivalent of cutting their own financial throats, in an attempt to stave off collapse. Actions take many weeks to change the course.

Yup. Its not just Colorado, its everywhere in the US. It is too late to flatten this wave now.

I work for a large reference lab, and numbers are dropping off for samples coming in from around the country, other than COVID testing, just like they did in late march-early April. Hospitals around the country are triaging again, even if its not official yet.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Yup. Its not just Colorado, its everywhere in the US. It is too late to flatten this wave now.

I work for a large reference lab, and numbers are dropping off for samples coming in from around the country, other than COVID testing, just like they did in late march-early April. Hospitals around the country are triaging again, even if its not official yet.
    Yep. Across the state line in Carson the hospitals are approaching 100% capacity of staffed beds. Same with Washoe County. The anti maskers point out that only 30% of the ventilators are being used, likle the guests are gonna intubate themselves.

And as far as who will be the first to close, does Mt Rose count? They have been waiting for their covid operating plan to be approved so they can open. If the Governor (who has covid) let's them he would be an idiot (and I don't think he is).
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Yep. Across the state line in Carson the hospitals are approaching 100% capacity of staffed beds. Same with Washoe County. The anti maskers point out that only 30% of the ventilators are being used, likle the guests are gonna intubate themselves.

And as far as who will be the first to close, does Mt Rose count? They have been waiting for their covid operating plan to be approved so they can open. If the Governor (who has covid) let's them he would be an idiot (and I don't think he is).
    The anti maskers in Utah are breaking into the ICU's w/cameras to video the empty beds to prove it's a hoax . These people are chancres.

The worst part is we will be stuck testing and treating their dumbasses when they get sick. I say fuck 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    The worst part is we will be stuck testing and treating their dumbasses when they get sick. I say fuck 'em.
    Rectal intubation.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

When does Polis close ski resorts and all short-term rentals/lodging?

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    When does Polis close ski resorts and all short-term rentals/lodging?
    Not soon enough with the way things are going. I say pull the plug on the lift-served season now, it'll sting less than if we get a teaser month or two in.

I fully blame this piece of shit and everyone like him. Fucking dickbag.

He's doing an interview while in Breck on vacation from PA. Staying in a house full of tourists.

This pic sums up all of my aggression these days.

Name:  pos.png
Views: 1309
Size:  861.9 KB

[x] Pit Viper wearing gaper wanna be douche
    [x] Weed store hat
    [x] Face mask not covering nose

Damn, that's my shop when I visit.

Buying weed in Summit is such a shitty experience. Vibes, or to quote XXXer, "thots and prayers."