Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I said it in another thread--the coronavirus is perfectly engineered. Spread by people who don't know they have it. Kills a lot of people, but not enough that everyone has someone close to them who dies, so wrecking businesses to control it doesn't seem worth it, but kills enough to frighten people from patronizing said businesses and kills enough to overrun the hospitals and HCW's. Opening up seems wrong. Shutting things down seems wrong. There isn't a right answer so maybe we could accept that fact and be more tolerant of each other's opinion. The only thing that is right for sure is to wear a mask, wash your hands and stay as far away from people as you practically can. There is absolutely no downside to doing that. None.
    ^^^ THIS

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Summit is done restaurants lifts all closed in less than two weeks probably by next monday politicians and govt workers get paid regardless pretending to protect yourself from yourself the number of people who have the flu in summit is crazy you can't even get tested and get results less than 4 days total the testing people aren't even following the regulation written on paper it's a junk show everyone I know that got it got it and got sick and are back at it

Fuck all of this
    Put up or shut up you grumpy fuck. BTW, I usually agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Which resort will be the first to open and then close back down again?
    In USA, Trollhaugen in Wisconsin opened Sunday (with a real chairlift, not just a rope tow), then closed for Mon-Wed.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Wolf Creek open. In the U.S. competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    In USA, Trollhaugen in Wisconsin opened Sunday (with a real chairlift, not just a rope tow), then closed for Mon-Wed.

Trollhaugen's closure was simply an early season business decision - it did not have anything to do with covid restrictions ( which I believe is the point of this thread ) ...

kind of crazy the earliest openings are along the Wisconsin - Minnesota border , but with access to the St.Paul /Minneapple population center it is understandable...

it does look like it is going to be a strange season. . .

Be well -
    ( Please ) Be Safe... skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Trollhaugen's closure was simply an early season business decision - it did not have anything to do with covid restrictions ( which I believe is the point of this thread ) ...

kind of crazy the earliest openings are along the Wisconsin - Minnesota border , but with access to the St.Paul /Minneapple population center it is understandable...

it does look like it is going to be a strange season. . .

Be well -
    ( Please ) Be Safe... skiJ
    According to my brother in Minneapolis they've had a lot of snow--so maybe opening had something to do with that?

there has long been 'competition' between Wild and Trollhaugen ( and it sometimes used to include Afton ) to see who could have something open First -

years ago, halloween was a reasonable target ;
    more recently mid-November ; there have been a couple of warm years when Thanksgiving has not been easy...

it is a historic region - hills built in the 1950s and early 60s
    ( others could give you specific years ) ;
    other hills in the region - like everywhere - that have not survived
    ( Birch hills, Snowcrest, have been mentioned in these pages. those were the days... )

Mostly, goat, the snow helps get people out ( one of the pictures from Sunday had more than sixty in line.
    I know that is nothing at a big resort loading four- six- and more on a high speed , but loading two on that ancient four-seater... Woof.
    ( that like a fair-weather Saturday when all the lifts are turning )

here in the midwest the cliche' is -
    people don't ski unless there is snow in their yard...

it looked like a Good day at Trollhaugen...

skiJ

https://snowbrains.com/lockdown-fran...resorts-close/

I completely agree with this ! This virus is killing everyone it infects ! I hope us MAGGOTS stand with this virus and stop all travel until this virus is eliminated ! I hope all MAGGOTS get in the face of non mask wearers and make them uncomfortable ! I hope all MAGGOTS find every no masker and post their address online . I hope all MAGGOTS stand with ANTIFA and make these people scared to leave their house without a mask ! This pandemic is never going to end and I hope we can close these ski areas to act upon the greater good !

First to Close???

Quote Originally Posted by Voice for the Animals View Post
    https://snowbrains.com/lockdown-fran...resorts-close/

I completely agree with this ! This virus is killing everyone it infects ! I hope us MAGGOTS stand with this virus and stop all travel until this virus is eliminated ! I hope all MAGGOTS get in the face of non mask wearers and make them uncomfortable ! I hope all MAGGOTS find every no masker and post their address online . I hope all MAGGOTS stand with ANTIFA and make these people scared to leave their house without a mask ! This pandemic is never going to end and I hope we can close these ski areas to act upon the greater good !
    Take a fucking lap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARAPAHOE BASIN COO: "If this [COVID] rate doesn't go down over the next two weeks, more severe restrictions will be put in place, hampering our ability to ski, work and enjoy life. .. Keep your face coverings on. .. Keep your groups small."

Too many people just interested in themselves; things are going to be shutdown fast IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Take a fucking lap.

Your sarcasm meter is broken
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Your sarcasm meter is broken
    40 post jongs don't get to do sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    ARAPAHOE BASIN COO: "If this [COVID] rate doesn't go down over the next two weeks, more severe restrictions will be put in place, hampering our ability to ski, work and enjoy life. .. Keep your face coverings on. .. Keep your groups small."
    That was what, a week ago? And we’re still shooting up. Skiing is fucked.

Great Divide is opening tomorrow for passholders, earliest opening ever for them. Consider them in the running too. They appear to give some kind of shit, but they could easily get shutdown if cases keep growing.

From their announcement:

Safety Requirements for this weekend:

Note that face coverings will be required:

Anytime you are inside any building at Great Divide
    While in a lift line, while loading a lift, and while unloading a lift
    Anytime that a 6′ social distance space cannot be maintained
    If you are feeling ill, please, do not come up to the mountain.

We ask for your help in complying with these requirements as it is the only way we will be able to continue providing a fun, safe recreational experience throughout the winter.

While we are currently only opening for Season Passholders, this is to help limit lift lines and to not encourage travel from other states to Great Divide. In past years we have had early season visitors from: Salt Lake City, Spokane, Seattle, and other distant areas. With the exception of ski areas in Colorado, we will be the only area open in the Western United States this weekend. Without a restriction in place, this would invite too much risk with the limited terrain we have available. As we get into our normal operating season (Thanksgiving week and beyond), we have no plans to limit our ticket sales. This restriction is strictly for our early season with very limited terrain open.

For full details please visit: https://www.skigd.co

Ya. And I don’t know if he is kidding either unfortunately.

right on

Austria falls....

First to Close???

I said it in another thread--the coronavirus is perfectly engineered. Spread by people who don't know they have it. Kills a lot of people, but not enough that everyone has someone close to them who dies, so wrecking businesses to control it doesn't seem worth it, but kills enough to frighten people from patronizing said businesses and kills enough to overrun the hospitals and HCW's. Opening up seems wrong. Shutting things down seems wrong.
    Not to be a smartass....but a truly honest question in a conspiracy kind of way...lol.

As a medical guy, “Do you think it was engineered by some faction for exactly what you say?”......like a medical form of terrorism? Could something like this be made in a lab?

Cuz it worked if it was.....it has changed the way we live.....possibly for a long time...
    Last edited by BC.; 10-31-2020 at 06:36 AM.

that´s it for austria, we are not allowed to have fun anymore : )

we are not first, dammn, we missed this opportunity as with missing marcel hirscher and only tao on the tour things gonna be tuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Not to be a smartass....but a truly honest question in a conspiracy kind of way...lol.

As a medical guy, “Do you think it was engineered by some faction for exactly what you say?”......like a medical form of terrorism? Could something like this be made in a lab?

Cuz it worked if it was.....it has changed the way we live.....possibly for a long time...
    Possible, sure but extremely unlikely.

I’m assuming he used engineered in a broader sense....

Mother Nature has a PhD in Engineering and then some

Quote Originally Posted by joeshek View Post
    Possible, sure but extremely unlikely.

I’m assuming he used engineered in a broader sense....

Mother Nature has a PhD in Engineering and then some
    Well put. And as a medical guy I know absolutely nothing about synthesizing a virus. I have to take the word of the people who do who say the virus does not have features that indicated it was genetically altered by man. That said, the thought does occasionally cross my mind. We live in a world where someone--a state actor--could do something like that; even come up with a vaccine ahead of time. I do think China was reckless and worse when they banned flights from Wuhan to Beijing but not flights from Wuhan to Europe.

Really? .....shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredly von Whiplash View Post
    Really? .....shit.
    Same with 66 post JONGS. Humility, respect, admiration, that's what we expect from you.

But mostly groveling.