Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    To be fair, I'm willing to succeed everything east of Denver for everything east of Salina.
    Sounds fair to me, as long as we can give them Aurora in the deal.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    You know how many CO plates I saw in UT last month? More Greenies than Delicate arches.
    The whole fucking state has been off to Moab and Canyonlands, mixing families and getting drunk in the desert more so than usual this year. I just don’t get it. It’s not like Durango sucks balls, just stay home and keep your plague to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    At this point, as a guide, I am ready to give up their business just to keep them from totally desecrating all of our public lands.
    Lest you forget, it’s their public lands too. If it weren’t for people living in cities, paying taxes to manage public lands that they will never see or at best rarely recreate in, they wouldn’t exist. You want to start excluding people, your permit is going to start getting real pricey real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    big billy badass native coloradan cant even put a client on a good elk? lol
    . If the client can’t tell, why would you?

Lest you forget, it’s their public lands too. If it weren’t for people living in cities, paying taxes to manage public lands that they will never see or at best rarely recreate in, they wouldn’t exist. You want to start excluding people, your permit is going to start getting real pricey real quick.[/QUOTE]

If I'm being honest and unemotional, this is spot on. I don't think most people realize what our permits cost.

But it's still fun to bitch about the d-bags.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    I will pretty much never not mock Texans. It’s just too god damn easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Heard Mentality.
    good one

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Have to try hard in life to secede.
    This pisses me off because I recognized the spelling error before I posted it, changed it, and it went fucking back.

Success! Not.

Texans are just a special kind of stupid.
    Oh sure. Some states more than their share.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    . If the client can’t tell, why would you?
    I like to be good at my job, for one, and being a shitty guide kind of takes away your ability to be a Real Badass Colorado Transplant Local. Also, clients share pictures (and beers under their trophies) with their rich friends, some of whom may know the difference and be in the market for a guided trip in the future.

That said, the biggest tip I ever received was from some 275+ lb Texan that about killed the horse he packed in on. 5k tip for putting him on a scrawny ass elk that "fulfilled his life dream". I appreciate the tip, but he should probably have better dreams.
    Hol' up... People ride Elk??

I like to be good at my job, for one, and being a shitty guide kind of takes away your ability to be a Real Badass Colorado Transplant Local. Also, clients share pictures (and beers under their trophies) with their rich friends, some of whom may know the difference and be in the market for a guided trip in the future.
    I have a family member that was a river guide. He used to bail off the back of the boat during one exciting rapid section, still calling directions to the paddler clients in front of him from the water, just to see the look on their faces when the section was over and they realized that their guide had fallen in due to just how "extreme" that section of water had been. Plus the photog that was always there allowed them to buy mementos of this rad section that was so bad the guide fell in - look, that's him in the water in the picture!

Sometimes being a shitty guide gives the clients a more "extreme" experience. They come back for more.

Of course, this is the same family member that use to get off his swing shift at Henderson mine in the wee hours of the night, then go ski down Berthoud pass by moonlight on wooden cross country skis with no edges and no beacon. I'm not sure he's a good role model. He was, however, the perfect role model for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiHick View Post
    Hol' up... People ride Elk??
    a horse is a horse, but ride elk? of course

but do peoples ride meese?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Sometimes the client would rather harvest the first legal bull they see than put in the hours of glassing and hiking required to get a higher class animal. In this case, the client was thrilled to take a very marginal bull as he was in no condition and not at all interested in putting the work in for a trophy. His goal was harvesting any legal elk.

Its all about giving the client the experience they want, even if we walk away and shake our heads at the decisions they sometimes make.

Not every heli skiing client wants to ski steep spines in Alaska. In fact, most don't.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Not every heli skiing client wants to ski steep spines in Alaska. In fact, most don't.
    I would have liked to ski something steeper than I did on my one trip to AK, but since what we did ski slid on me I guess the guides made the right call.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    damn, i think i should have been using this for years....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Lots of hot Texas milfs here.
    I’m all in!

vs. Hot New Jersey Babes?

That said, the biggest tip I ever received was from some 275+ lb Texan that about killed the horse he packed in on. 5k tip for putting him on a scrawny ass elk that "fulfilled his life dream". I appreciate the tip, but he should probably have better dreams.
    Really ? It’s been 30+ years since I worked as a hunting
    Guide, but the best tip I ever got was $500. Inflation I guess.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    vs. Hot New Jersey Babes?
    Deal with Southern drawl any day over noisy...

Coronavirus pandemic: Germany seeks EU deal to close ski resorts
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55081476

Summary: most are closed, they want to keep it that way. Except the Swiss.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Except the Swiss.
    https://www.facebook.com/srfdeville/...7460014377689/
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Who knew that aiding and abetting Nazis provided immunity to COVID. Argentina's numbers must be looking good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Really ? It’s been 30+ years since I worked as a hunting
    Guide, but the best tip I ever got was $500. Inflation I guess. Some a little more, some a little less, and a few not at all.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    That was the best tip in 20+ years of guiding. Definitely not normal. Most tips are in the $200 range for $5k+ trips.

When I was younger and trying really hard to be cool, I said a lot of jaded cynical stuff about Texans floundering in the mountains. They were always having the time of their lives, somehow to me that made them stupid. As I get older, I feel foolish for being such a douche, and I find myself a little jealous of people who can have so much silly fun just beating around on groomers (or hunting a scrawny elk, or surfing a soft top, or riding a 400cc Honda...whatever). The more time passes, the more the remnants of middle school social insecurity erodes and the more I’d so much rather be a happy gaper than a cool uberbro.