Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    If not that it appears to be “l’esprit de l’escalier” or, the spirit of the stairs.

Not sure if she meant it to be des etoiles instead (of the stars) but maybe she’s really into her stair master.

Kinda like the Peloton lady.
    I still call it The Jake.

Should be "l'esprit d'escalier", not "de l'escalier". Wikipedia and Merriam-Webster are wrong on this one.

It refers to a situation in which you're unable to deliver a sick comeback when someone burns you, the humiliation gets to be so great that you are forced to leave the group/party, and as you're running down the stairs (escalier) with tears streaming down your face and your honor shattered your slow-ass brain finally comes up with the perfect retort, something that would have made the offending party burst into flames while the rest of the crowd bows to you in admiration and respect. Except, you know, you're halfway down the stairs and that shit needed to be served hot to deliver the proper level of burn.

It's probably my favorite French idiom, the imagery is glorious. And it's probably the worst thing you could have tattooed on your hide... Followed by esprit des etoiles which is equally dumb.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Should be "l'esprit d'escalier", not "de l'escalier". Wikipedia and Merriam-Webster are wrong on this one.

It refers to a situation in which you're unable to deliver a sick comeback when someone burns you, the humiliation gets to be so great that you are forced to leave the group/party, and as you're running down the stairs (escalier) with tears streaming down your face and your honor shattered your slow-ass brain finally comes up with the perfect retort, something that would have made the offending party burst into flames while the rest of the crowd bows to you in admiration and respect. Except, you know, you're halfway down the stairs and that shit needed to be served hot to deliver the proper level of burn.

It's probably my favorite French idiom, the imagery is glorious. And it's probably the worst thing you could have tattooed on your hide... Followed by esprit des etoiles which is equally dumb.
    That's fantastic. File this under the "Things I learned Today Thread". Thanks.

One thing's confirmed though. These inspirational tattoos are dumb.
    I still call it The Jake.

Sooo I will blow you for gitanes is better, right?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

"The jerk store called and they're running out of you!"

Posts like this are the reason I stick around here. Awesome.

It's probably my favorite French idiom, the imagery is glorious.
    You have never heard me sing " Viva la compagnie" while skiing the slopes of Crystal

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    You have never heard me sing " Viva la compagnie" while skiing the slopes of Crystal
    I'm opened to change my list of favorites anytime. If traveling is ever a thing again I'm looking forward to hearing it!
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Posts like this are the reason I stick around here. Awesome.
    +1. I've been thinking the HOF needs an index thread just to keep track of where things are. This, the Ogden scale, the Gobbler, RT3 falls off the fake Mt Adams...mostly the little explosions of goodness that are hidden in unrelated threads.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    +1. I've been thinking the HOF needs an index thread just to keep track of where things are. This, the Ogden scale, the Gobbler, RT3 falls off the fake Mt Adams...mostly the little explosions of goodness that are hidden in unrelated threads.
    As MD9 continues to make Ogden cooler it may get inverted on the Ogden scale and skew the measurement going forward. Or is the Ogden scale zeroed at 2004 Ogden?

The scale is permanent from -10 to 10--Ogden changes, but Ogdens are forever. Sort of.

Reminds me, the Range as a unit of volume should probably be in there, too.

Reminds me, the Range as a unit of volume should probably be in there, too.
    that is a great one that is probably mostly forgotten.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    that is a great one that is probably mostly forgotten.
    Yeah, whatever happened to all those ranges of mud that were sliding into the homes in Yakima anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    any update on the first lady lost in Zion? IT's been months
    https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar.../#.YBWkq6RHaEd

Sheriff's office found no evidence of Fraud. Unclear if NPS investigation is still open or not, based on this article.

Yeah, whatever happened to all those ranges of mud that were sliding into the homes in Yakima anyway?
    Rattlesnake Ridge landslides continues to move, albeit slowly
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Disappointing that they're not updating us on the number of ranges that are refilling that quarry, but adding "constipated landslide" to the lexicon is probably worth it.

Just saw this on the news:

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoo...tude-isolation

Reported missing in November, apparently spent the entire winter out there..

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar.../#.YBWkq6RHaEd

Sheriff's office found no evidence of Fraud. Unclear if NPS investigation is still open or not, based on this article.
    Thats it? Hell of a story to go cheat for a few days....

Ha, while I was scrolling down, I thought for a second these were pictures of how she looked when they found her.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 8.26.59 AM.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	318.5 KB 
ID:	374145
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Story from just north of me:

My money is on sex & meth binge

A Connecticut woman has been found alive and safe more than a year after she disappeared from her home, leaving all her belongings behind.

Monica Decker, 53, had been missing since April 8, 2020, when she was seen leaving the house she shared with her adult son in Bridgeport.

Her daughter, Sheila Yasin, posted on Facebook Wednesday, June 3, 2021, the good news that her mother had been found safe and alive. She added that her mother had lost weight and is in the hospital, but that she is recovering.

“I wanted to let you all know that my mother has been found, she is safe an alive thank God. She weighs 89 pounds and is the hospital at the moment trying to recover.

I'm not okay and I don't know what else to say. Im not mentally prepare for questions that even I don't know the answers to yet.

I wanted to say thank you all so so much for sharing my posts and praying for my mother I appreciate everyone of yous!!! ❤”

According to Detective Kenneth McKenna with the Bridgeport Police Department, Monica was located on May 31, 2021. He confirmed to Dateline that there was “no criminal aspect to her disappearance” and that he will not be releasing any further information regarding the incident.

Monica’s family has been searching for her for more than a year, hoping for the best but fearing the worst, telling Dateline last year that it was not like her to disappear without telling someone.

When Monica didn’t show up for work at Norwalk Transit that week in April 2020, police performed a welfare check and discovered Monica’s 2016 Honda Civic parked outside and her personal belongings, including her cell phone, located inside the house.

Her daughter, Sheila, told Dateline in October 2020 that she had just seen her mother the week prior and everything seemed normal and that it would be uncharacteristic for her to leave without saying anything to her family.

An investigation by the Bridgeport Police led investigators to believe that Monica left the area with a man named Toby Roberts, according to Detective Kenneth McKenna. In early May 2020, Monica’s daughters were alerted by the bank that she had accessed her account at an ATM in Wilmington, Vermont. The detective told Dateline that Monica had checked the account balance, but did not withdraw any cash.

Detective McKenna told Dateline that investigators obtained the security footage from the Merchants bank ATM and confirmed that the image was Monica. The video also showed Monica getting into a green Honda CR-V with an unknown male.

At the time, Det. McKenna said they did not suspect foul play, but never gave up searching for her. There is no word on whether Toby Roberts has been located.

Anyone who may have additional information about Monica’s case is asked to contact Detective Kenneth McKenna at the Bridgeport Police Department in Connecticut at 203-581-5245.