Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    This was the first thing that seemed weird to me. if someone saw here why didn't they just help her get out? Was she across a chasm or something?

I'm just confused, gotta admit.
    They saw her eyes and backed the fuck away as quietly as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    They saw her eyes and backed the fuck away as quietly as possible.
    That's funny because it's probably true.

One other thing that seems glaringly strange about this is that she wasn't taken in an ambulance for further eval. I know they say that she was largely fine, but still, whenever someone is lost for as extended a period of time as she claims to have been, I have never heard of them not spending at least a day in the hospital even if they appear relatively okay. Maybe it is a COVID thing but I really don't understand that.
    swing your fucking sword.

I believe she was eventually taken to the hospital to be treated for dehydration and significant weight loss, and was also reported to have a lot of scrapes and bruising. Her reported condition of "fine" sounds more like "not near death." It's incredibly poor form to provide so little concrete information about a case like this because rampant baseless speculation always follows.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    The only possible explanation that I can posit which does not involve some Mickey Mouse bullshit on the part of the lady is this: she sustained an anomaly of a head injury which rendered her unconscious or incredibly disoriented. She came to and had no idea where she was but was able to find the drainage mentioned by Lone Star. She figured it best to stay where she was and did just that. Is this explanation logical? No, not really but shit like this rarely is.
    And yet, she was able to walk out under her own power despite massive hydration to the point she couldn't speak... it doesn't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    I agree something doesn’t add up. What do you speculate on her disappearance? Motive?
    Attention? Grifting? A suicide attempt gone wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    One other thing that seems glaringly strange about this is that she wasn't taken in an ambulance for further eval. I know they say that she was largely fine, but still, whenever someone is lost for as extended a period of time as she claims to have been, I have never heard of them not spending at least a day in the hospital even if they appear relatively okay. Maybe it is a COVID thing but I really don't understand that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I believe she was eventually taken to the hospital to be treated for dehydration and significant weight loss, and was also reported to have a lot of scrapes and bruising. Her reported condition of "fine" sounds more like "not near death." It's incredibly poor form to provide so little concrete information about a case like this because rampant baseless speculation always follows.
    Which also doesn't make sense she was reportedly able to walk out under her own power?

Kinda wish I was the park LEO this month, this kind of mystery is probably a welcome change from busting people for illegal fires or no permits.

SoCal woman missing in Zion Natl Park for 2 weeks is fine?!?

Seems like a basic efficient search after the hasty search would have found her. She nearly had to be avoiding the searchers to be relatively close to Point Last Seen and not get picked up.

I worked for NPS in SAR capacity for several years and no, they don’t charge for SAR. Some large parks like Yosemite charge for ambulance services but I’d be super surprised if Zion did. I’m also sure Zion has at least a paramedic on their rig that would have insisted on a transport and basic fluids if she was that dehydrated.

It’s fishy. The GoFundMe seems ripe for abuse. They’re asking for continued donations even after she’s been found.

I’m glad she’s ok but shit like this really wastes the park resources. And it puts searchers in danger not just from Covid. I know many people that have been in helicopter crashes during SAR ops and have had coworkers die in them as well.

Go fund me scam.

They made $12k already.

Pretty lucrative.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I also thought there was some funny business going on when I first read the article on KSL. The. i read the comments and realized I wasn't the only one. I really do think there may be more to this story, but I also suspect we'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I also thought there was some funny business going on when I first read the article on KSL. The. i read the comments and realized I wasn't the only one. I really do think there may be more to this story, but I also suspect we'll never know.
    People are bored and still stuck at home. I bet some anxious interwebbers get after this mystery for kicks. It could be interesting.

It's incredibly poor form to provide so little concrete information about a case like this because rampant baseless speculation always follows.
    Dan, this community was built on Monday morning quarterbacking.

How many Maggots does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change it, 2 to suggest better choices for the new bulb, 1 to argue it didnt actually need to change and 1 to make a non original innuendo

Maybe it was a spirit quest and she just didn’t tell her family.

But yeah those eyes be crazy.

A change in circumstances can confer incredible levels of short-term strength and energy. Resigning yourself to death and then being found certainly qualifies, so it's not entirely unreasonable she was able to walk out with "minimal" assistance. The Trib article says she was hospitalized on Monday. Just one night in the hospital will burn through the entire GFM. She was not charged by Zion SAR, but the family has been paying out of pocket to stay in Springdale while looking for her, not working, etc., which adds up fast.

Even if this is all an elaborate hoax to scam money via GFM: 1) $12k is a pretty paltry payout that could easily net nothing in the end; and 2) If you don't personally know these people and donated anyway given the limited and strange details available, well, you're an idiot and deserve to lose your money.

Could it have been a two week ayahuascha trip that made her impervious to dehydration or allowed her to drink from a super toxic algal bloom?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    she was found after a credible tip.
    just the tip?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

1) $12k is a pretty paltry payout that could easily net nothing in the end; and 2) If you don't personally know these people and donated anyway given the limited and strange details available, well, you're an idiot and deserve to lose your money.
    You make a lot of good points. One thing I’ll point out though is that even though the GFM is only $12k now, no one had any idea about the overall value of it initially. Hindsight and all...

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post

1 to change it, 2 to suggest better choices for the new bulb, 1 to argue it didnt actually need to change and 1 to make a non original innuendo
    You forgot there are some telemarkers in here, so you need one more to say Nice turns man.

What are the temps at night in the park? Did she have clothing to keep warm? It's definitely strange. And 2+2=5.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    What are the temps at night in the park? Did she have clothing to keep warm? It's definitely strange. And 2+2=5.
    lows in the mid 50s or higher. the gear list in the "Missing" publications suggest that she was prepared (as far as ample gear goes) to be out overnight in this weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post

yes

subscribed as this story is far from over. Crazy eyes check out.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    just the tip?
    my man

if it really were a scam with help of the family*, their instagram pages would have a few more followers.

*family who posted Zion pics in September, to wit
    Last edited by Lone Star; 10-22-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Perhaps she was on a vision quest? The Navajo used to eat peyote buds and sit on a rock outcrop with their legs crossed for days until they were spoken to by their guardian spirit.

Maybe that's also why her eyes are kinda Adam Gase crazy looking?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I’m more interested in the backstory that may lead to answers here.

She’s 38 but she’s got a kid old enough to be left at home and speak to the police/media? Assuming she’s 18 that means mom had her at 18 therefore mom makes poor decisions and/or likes to party?

Is that photo a mug shot and if so, what was the charge leading to it?

And lastly, is there another photo of her to confirm the crazy eyes?
    I still call it The Jake.