Thread: mammut probes

mammut probes

I'm looking for a new probe and looking at Mammut this time around. In the past I have had BD carbon probes and like them.

It appears that the carbon mammut(280cm Speed Lock) saves only 5g off the aluminum mammut. Does anyone have the carbon mammut and confirm that it really is 175g?

I'm happy to spend the extra $ if it was more weight saved, but for 5g saved I don't know why the made the carbon version.

FWIW I don't really like the cable lock system on the Mammut I have. Forget the model. Much happier with a G3.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    FWIW I don't really like the cable lock system on the Mammut I have. Forget the model. Much happier with a G3.
    +1
    Although it is light, I have the 240 carbon one so can't comment on weights for the 280.

I also like that the markings on my aluminum G3 are laser etched on, so they don't rub off like I've had happen with BD probes. The Mammut I have was printed on (I think) but I was annoyed enough by the cable system that I didn't use it enough to really test durability on those.