Nordica Enforcer free 104 vs. Blizzard Peacemaker

I'm not sure why it didn't occur to me earlier to consider Nordica as a viable option for my ~105 Do-Everything ski. The last time I was on Nordicas was on the Radict, the Zero and Blower before that.

Biggest gripes on Nordica in the past were that in their boasting the ski's turn radius, they also hooked up on a lot of terrain. i.e. the Patron, Radict, Helldorado. Since then, Dynastar and Blizzard have stolen my heart.

Looking closer at the Enforcer Free 104, I'm noticing that it actually looks quite close to my beloved Peacemakers. If I could go back, I would have bought 5 backups on the Peacemaker because I liked the ski that much. Given that Nordica and Blizzard come out of the same factory, I'm kind of wondering if the Enforcer Free 104 has some strong similarities to the Peacemaker.

I've done a brief search looking at some comparisons on the Enforcer, but I haven't found much info regarding comparisons between it and the Peacemaker. Curious whether anyone has some info comparing the two. Or if not, maybe a comparison against some other skis like the M-free 108 or Rustler 10s.

You haven't said anything about where or how you ski. That would be important if you're looking for a recommendation.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I suppose I can include that. I specifically stated that I wanted comparisons against other skis though, largely because I already know how they behave.

I ski in Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Montana, and Wyoming. Prefer off-trail, steep terrain. I like spinning, flipping, and cliffs. I ski in a more neutral stance than I do very far forward, though I can adapt as necessary due to terrain or a specific type of ski (like a LPR or something similar). I do some big mountain competitions here and there, but not usually with the intent to advance my career as a skier, moreso to keep progressing as a skier for personal reasons.

I've only skied a few runs on each, but my impression was that the 104 Free was heavier, damper, more directional and less poppy. You'd expect as much with more metal and less tail rocker.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    I've only skied a few runs on each, but my impression was that the 104 Free was heavier, damper, more directional and less poppy. You'd expect as much with more metal and less tail rocker.
    yeah, makes sense with metal in the whole length of the ski.

I’ve owned both, and really liked both, but they are different skis. I’m a more directional skier, 6’ 1” and 180 lb.

Peacemaker: damp and stable for a twin, I liked this ski from day one and it’s the only ski I’ve kept over the last 7 years. Had that “Blizzard” feel under foot while keeping the tips and tails lighter and more fun. Great in up to 1’ of pow, still fun in deeper snow and then great when it gets cut up. I’ve played with mount point (demo bindings) and have gone from the line to +4.5cm (so -6 from center to -1.5 from center). I skied a year at +3 cm and liked it *as a directional skier, and now they live up in WA for when I visit family and ski Baker. Not really enough ski for baker, and I’ve pushed the bindings back to +1.5 cm for additional float. I really like the 21m radius, which engaged when I wanted to lay tracks but never got twitchy or unstable when skiing off piste.

104 Free: nice weight and suspension though I’d subjectively say the damping and ability to motor is similar to the peacemaker. That is to say, the peacemaker punches above its weight. Definitely less poppy with a nice planted feel. I thought the front end was a bit soft for Sierra cement skied out pow days where things set up firm by the early afternoon (I had a similar feeling from my Praxis MVP which is also a much lighter ski), which led me to not even play with mount point. I only tried them on the line. The 104 had a nice tail, strong when you needed it and also easy to feather out and slash when off piste. The deciding factor to sell this ski for me was actually one of its strengths, the 19m radius pulled you hard into turns on groomers which was super fun, but I could not get rid of that tendency entirely with detuning so it felt twitchy in 3D snow and firm off piste. I have narrower skis (Head Monster 88 and Kore 99) with the same turn radius that I can use for groomer days that are more damp and have better edge hold. I ultimately decided I wanted this position in my quiver to be more stable, better off piste and better in fresh/soft snow, so I’ve sold the 104 free and replaced it with a woodsman 108. Have not skied that yet so no beta on the ON3P vs peacemaker.

Quote Originally Posted by YaBoyBlue View Post
    I’ve owned both, and really liked both, but they are different skis. I’m a more directional skier, 6’ 1” and 180 lb.

Peacemaker: damp and stable for a twin, I liked this ski from day one and it’s the only ski I’ve kept over the last 7 years. Had that “Blizzard” feel under foot while keeping the tips and tails lighter and more fun. Great in up to 1’ of pow, still fun in deeper snow and then great when it gets cut up. I’ve played with mount point (demo bindings) and have gone from the line to +4.5cm (so -6 from center to -1.5 from center). I skied a year at +3 cm and liked it *as a directional skier, and now they live up in WA for when I visit family and ski Baker. Not really enough ski for baker, and I’ve pushed the bindings back to +1.5 cm for additional float. I really like the 21m radius, which engaged when I wanted to lay tracks but never got twitchy or unstable when skiing off piste.

104 Free: nice weight and suspension though I’d subjectively say the damping and ability to motor is similar to the peacemaker. That is to say, the peacemaker punches above its weight. Definitely less poppy with a nice planted feel. I thought the front end was a bit soft for Sierra cement skied out pow days where things set up firm by the early afternoon (I had a similar feeling from my Praxis MVP which is also a much lighter ski), which led me to not even play with mount point. I only tried them on the line. The 104 had a nice tail, strong when you needed it and also easy to feather out and slash when off piste. The deciding factor to sell this ski for me was actually one of its strengths, the 19m radius pulled you hard into turns on groomers which was super fun, but I could not get rid of that tendency entirely with detuning so it felt twitchy in 3D snow and firm off piste. I have narrower skis (Head Monster 88 and Kore 99) with the same turn radius that I can use for groomer days that are more damp and have better edge hold. I ultimately decided I wanted this position in my quiver to be more stable, better off piste and better in fresh/soft snow, so I’ve sold the 104 free and replaced it with a woodsman 108. Have not skied that yet so no beta on the ON3P vs peacemaker.
    Awesome. Thanks so much for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by YaBoyBlue View Post
    ...the 19m radius pulled you hard into turns on groomers which was super fun, but I could not get rid of that tendency entirely with detuning so it felt twitchy in 3D snow and firm off piste. I have narrower skis (Head Monster 88 and Kore 99) with the same turn radius that I can use for groomer days that are more damp and have better edge hold. I ultimately decided I wanted this position in my quiver to be more stable, better off piste and better in fresh/soft snow, so I’ve sold the 104 free and replaced it with a woodsman 108. Have not skied that yet so no beta on the ON3P vs peacemaker.
    This hits home. This is what makes the Peacemaker such a great ski, because although it can hook up fairly well if you turn it far enough over, it doesn't hook up when you *don't* want it to, making chop and softer snow way more accessible. I was hoping Nordica would lean away from their short turn radii and low tip splay, but it sounds like both those factors are still a thing for them.

It may still be a viable substitute since I'm not skiing west coast much, but it also sounds like some of my suspicions from Nordica's past may still be true.

I can offer you 2 more points of comparison (since you were looking to put the peacemaker in terms of other rides):

Praxis MVP: my pair was a stock core, MAP #4 with nylon top sheet, circa 2016(?). Same weight as a peacemaker, ~2075g per stick. Les camber and camber length, deeper rocker lines esp in the tail, but more low slung rocker so it actually hooked up harder then the peacemaker on firm. Good energy and soooo easy to put sideways, very fun ski. This would be a killer 50/50 pow ski, kicks ass in up to 2 ft of pow. More lively underfoot then the peacemaker made it much more soft snow oriented, and ended up being too light for Sierra cement pow. I’d buy again in a heavy core.

Wildcat 108: I bought this ski mainly based on its similarity in shape, weight and purpose to the peacemaker. My pair ended up being lighter then expected, plus it had a concave base so I could never get it right even with lots of tuning, remounting, base grinding etc. I also found it to have a funky thing happen when I’d transition from an icy or firm crux to pow below, where the front would hook up pretty hard and I’d almost highside. Felt like a front end flex pattern thing as opposed to a tune issue. It kinda defeats the purpose of the longer turn radius to have it go away in the steeps. Anyway, Moment was awesome as usual and warrantied the skis, and I sold the new replacements. Ultimately it was pretty far from my expectations.

Hope this all helps! I’d love to try the dynastar M-108 sometime as it also seems like it has the proper characteristics (weight, damping, fun shape). length considerations totally f up the normal decision making for that ski tho.

Interesting experience on the Wilcats. I've eyed that ski for a while as well. Sounds like you either had some bad luck on the ski, or Moment is still dialing in some QC - unfortunately it's something I've had similar experiences on when I've tried their skis, with the exception being the Garbones.

Never been on a Praxis ski, but I would consider something like the MVP from what it sounds like. A good ski manufacturer will align the geometry of the ski in such a way that the sidecut engages appropriately with the rocker profile. I might be off, but it sounds like what you're describing in the MVP is similar to the Shiro or Gotama from a few years back, which I was a big fan of.