Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I wasn't even that interested in these, but after reading this, damn, I need to get on a pair!
    damn yeah that's a great mini review, thank you!

the og bodacious was the first hard charging ski I ever got on (i know, i'm a noob), and I still have super fond memories of it. definitely interested in the forma, just bummed that it's too heavy to your with.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I'm excited about this ski. Heavier, perhaps stiffer pescado/sakana could actually make it justifiable in a world of unjustifiable n+1's!

Looks rad but .... 183 is just too damn short. (I know I'm not the average skier height)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Fiedler (Not Neil Armstrong) View Post
    Looks rad but .... 183 is just too damn short. (I know I'm not the average skier height)
    What size do you normally ski?

All my other skis are pretty much 186 to 188 (except for my frontside/family ski and touring-specific skis), and the 183 feels fine.

If you are part of the baller TGR 190-ish group, you'll just have to wait for Eric Pollard to get bigger.

New Pollard Ski Company - Season Eqpt.

I’m guessing he’s a good foot (+) taller than you

Probably still a little short for Neil but the 183 does feel more like a 186-189 on your foot.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    What size do you normally ski?

All my other skis are pretty much 186 to 188 (except for my frontside/family ski and touring-specific skis), and the 183 feels fine.

If you are part of the baller TGR 190-ish group, you'll just have to wait for Eric Pollard to get bigger.
    195's and 200's I'm 6'6" and a lean 250lb in the buff...

195's and 200's I'm 6'6" and a lean 250lb in the buff...
    Sorry, Forma is not happening for you in the near future. They are coming out with some smaller sizes soon, not sure about bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Sorry, Forma is not happening for you in the near future. They are coming out with some smaller sizes soon, not sure about bigger.
    I'm used to it. Reasons I gravitated towards Lithic. They said "we'll press you the max our press will hold" Landed at 200.

I'm used to it. Reasons I gravitated towards Lithic. They said "we'll press you the max our press will hold" Landed at 200.
    Lithic guys are cool, not many people would be so accommodating. Hitting the Old Mill for lunch after you pick up your skis isn't bad, either.

GregL -- have you been on the new Kin? Thoughts?

I'm tempted by it as a low-tide ski, for making patrolling boring lifts more fun, and for when family is in town. It looks like it has scaled down Sakana-esque dimensions and similarly tight sidecut.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    I have not. Was in the parking lot with the only test pair last spring and just about to grab them, but my boss decided he needed to try them . . .

Fuckin' bosses. Did boss at least tell you about them?

Fuckin' bosses. Did boss at least tell you about them?
    He said they were good, though he's not really a park/jib skier.

Any more input on the Forma's? blister makes them sound very playful (tree ski) whereas GregL's input gives me the feeling they have some ooommmppff to them. best of both worlds ?

I'm tempted by it as a low-tide ski, for making patrolling boring lifts more fun, and for when family is in town. It looks like it has scaled down Sakana-esque dimensions and similarly tight sidecut.
    thinking about picking up a pair of Kins for use while teaching my kid to ski. the short available sizing will actually work out that way as its less ski to get in the way when he is between my legs or when we are clusterfucking our way onto the chairlift load ramp. Bummer that they wont make 190+ options for the taller/bigger folks but i can understand why it doesnt make sense from a business perspective.

I love me some pollard- from the way he looks at a slope and then skis it, to how and where he pushed ski design over the past 20 years.