Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    The line at 2:02 was one of the more impressive bits of skiing I've watched.
    Umm yea. It’s like he ping ponged between the cliff bands and then off them.

Unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Even guys like Kye Petersen and Sean Petit were living in top locations mentored by top freeskiers and weren't even close to that level at 13. Kai is unquestionably a generational talent. Unbelievable.
    I
    Yeah, why I also said, “ raw talent”, kid has “IT”.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post

He seems like a good kid.
    Holy shit. This might be more impressive than any of the hucks and big lines in the OP. This kid is going to be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    That kid is beyond talented. Potentially Candide material. I am beyond - beyond impressed.
    haha I just came to ask why is he always waving his arms around (as a compliment).
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    The edit shows the end-knuckers only but to be fair to his 'crew' they don't show the possible mentoring I'm sure the kid gets on top of some or all lines. I don't know why i was so snarky in my post last night. Either way it's an unsettling video for me.

I hope he has many soft landings, fun times, and a great career.
    I think that was a pretty nominal level of snark for October around here.

Honestly, I think almost all professional skiers today, of which Kai is certainly one already, are in better shape physically, have better backcountry education and knowledge, and better focus and dedication than a lot of pros even ten years ago.

Hell, even T Hall turned out to be a well-rounded skier and mountaineer, and we all remember what an insufferable dipshit he was as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Hell, even T Hall turned out to be a well-rounded skier and mountaineer, and we all remember what an insufferable dipshit he was as a kid.
    What a dipshit he was, indeed. Todd should use him as the example of how not to act.
    swing your fucking sword.

“I love skiing because Getting up early Means you waste no day light literally”

To any one that’s been thru hardship and diversity in life this kid is not only miles ahead in raw talent and developed skills but years ahead of most in attitude, maturity, appreciation, life skills and outlook. Watch out this kids going to be president!

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    What a dipshit he was, indeed. Todd should use him as the example of how not to act.
    You're not wrong, but to be fair to T-Hall, he went from obscurity to a rock star almost overnight... and that was back when the X Games had way more cache and mainstream attention. That's a lot to take on as a teenager so I try not to be overly judgmental.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    You're not wrong, but to be fair to T-Hall, he went from obscurity to a rock star almost overnight... and that was back when the X Games had way more cache and mainstream attention. That's a lot to take on as a teenager so I try not to be overly judgmental.
    I agree; to write the former T Hall off as just a little shit is harsh. I'm sure I'd go at least half batshit if I attained sudden fame. Tanner's also had his struggles with addiction and I think that played as a large a role as anything in the formation of his old reputation. Power to him for turning things around.
    swing your fucking sword.

Wow holy shit. This kid seems like just the right combination of talent in just the right place at the right time. Will be super exciting to watch.

Kid can really rip!