Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is Todd feeding his kid?

How? How is he sending this hard at thirteen?
    swing your fucking sword.

Wow. Couldn’t imagine growing up in that environment with the best free skiers as your mentors. Kid obviously has raw talent as well. Can’t wait to see what envelopes he’s pushing in his mid twenties when strength and experience really come together.

If I had to guess, I would say he's feeding him lots of knowledge on life.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Wow. Couldn’t imagine growing up in that environment with the best free skiers as your mentors. Kid obviously has raw talent as well. Can’t wait to see what envelopes he’s pushing in his mid twenties when strength and experience really come together.
    It is going to be ridiculous.

This kid is the first freeride phenom. I don't know of anybody that was or is this good at this age.

That’s awesome!

You must be very proud.
    Enjoy!

It’s literally one of the best edits ever filmed in the Jackson backcountry. Maybe the best?Think how many big names over the years have filmed there. Kid is unreal and seemed to have a great attitude. It’s nearly impossible to comprehend that he’s 13. Hope he can stay healthy as he progresses. He’s going to have a lot of air time on those legs.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I wonder if Todd ever drops in on us to see this beautiful monster he created.

Sweet lines.
    13?
    Wow.

That kid is beyond talented. Potentially Candide material. I am beyond - beyond impressed.

That said, he needs some real mentors and not some dumb ski bros knuckling him at the bottom of everything great he does and give him worthless validation. 13 and skiing like that, without thoughtful perspective on the reality of consequences? He has a great chance of dying before he is 18. Or dealing with serious injuries when he should be dealing with simple dumb kid stuff.

I wish him well, holy fuck I wish him well, don't get me wrong. What a ripper!

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    That kid is beyond talented. Potentially Candide material. I am beyond - beyond impressed.

That said, he needs some real mentors and not some dumb ski bros knuckling him at the bottom of everything great he does and give him worthless validation. 13 and skiing like that, without thoughtful perspective on the reality of consequences? He has a great chance of dying before he is 18. Or dealing with serious injuries when he should be dealing with simple dumb kid stuff.

He's on the IFSA Junior Freeride circuit, JHMR Freeride team, he has professional coaches that get him to the level he skis at. He might be out there shooting with "dumb ski bros" but I'm sure his father and mother have had plenty of input into his decision making and risk assessment capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post

100% agreed. To be this fearless while still being so limited by age and experience is pretty scary. To lose sight of fear is to die. I don't know if he plays any other sports but he definitely should. Nothing makes you better at one sport than playing another. Hopefully someone fosters his creativity and we get to see him reinvent and redefine what is possible.

Just based on his Insta feed, aside from his obvious talent, he's a very gracious and humble kid. They raised him well. Tough if not impossible for a kid that age to truly understand grown-up stuff like mortality and consequences. I wish him the best and look forward to watching his progression.

He’s a machine. Gnarly lines for sure.
    Living the dream

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Just based on his Insta feed, aside from his obvious talent, he's a very gracious and humble kid. They raised him well. Tough if not impossible for a kid that age to truly understand grown-up stuff mortality and consequences. I wish him the best and look forward to watching his progression.
    He is not the prototypical douchey, cocky as hell phenom and that is why I like him so much.

Nice kid. Super chill and grounded. Amazing cat balance and kinesthetic gifts. I know he knows how good he is, but he’s humble.

But that edit spooked me a few times. He’s still a kid, and just like my boys, good judgement isn’t always there. Sure, he’s got a team of coaches etc, but a few of those lines were pretty fucking rowdy for a 25 year old pro at the top of their game.
    And yes, he’s pro already.

I did enjoy it.
    If you didn’t know how young he is, you’d still be impressed.
    . . .

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    He's on the IFSA Junior Freeride circuit, JHMR Freeride team, he has professional coaches that get him to the level he skis at. He might be out there shooting with "dumb ski bros" but I'm sure his father and mother have had plenty of input into his decision making and risk assessment capabilities.
    The edit shows the end-knuckers only but to be fair to his 'crew' they don't show the possible mentoring I'm sure the kid gets on top of some or all lines. I don't know why i was so snarky in my post last night. Either way it's an unsettling video for me.

I hope he has many soft landings, fun times, and a great career.

Pretty amazing for a 13 year old to have the opening segment in a ski movie (Make Believe came out on digital release yesterday), even if his dad is the filmmaker. Kid shreds and I love how humble he seems. It'll be interesting to see him continue to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Couldn’t imagine growing up in that environment with the best free skiers as your mentors.
    Even guys like Kye Petersen and Sean Petit were living in top locations mentored by top freeskiers and weren't even close to that level at 13. Kai is unquestionably a generational talent. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    If you edited out the close-ups and him talking you could tell people that's McNutt, Abma, or just about any top freeskier in their physical prime and no one would question it. It's hard to comprehend that's a 13 y.o. kid.

Well, uncle Steve is no slouch riding planks and neither is his dad, and have you ever seen uncle Jeremy on a snowboard? A bit inherent and a lot of opportunities. Good for him.

Unbelievable talent.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    100% agreed. To be this fearless while still being so limited by age and experience is pretty scary. To lose sight of fear is to die. I don't know if he plays any other sports but he definitely should. Nothing makes you better at one sport than playing another. Hopefully someone fosters his creativity and we get to see him reinvent and redefine what is possible.
    Don’t forgot, physics is a lot kinder when you only weight 60lbs

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Unbelievable talent.

Don’t forgot, physics is a lot kinder when you only weight 60lbs
    I couldn't agree more! I would be skiing just like that if I was 125 lbs lighter.

Sarcasm meter pinned...

Seriously though, what a ripper!

The line at 2:02 was one of the more impressive bits of skiing I've watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Even guys like Kye Petersen and Sean Petit were living in top locations mentored by top freeskiers and weren't even close to that level at 13. Kai is unquestionably a generational talent. Unbelievable.
    Yup. Don't understand how someone so small can go so big and just stomp.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    The line at 2:02 was one of the more impressive bits of skiing I've watched.
    Agreed. He's doing post-Hoji shit. Being that precise at that speed in that terrain is next level.

What is Todd feeding his kid?

He seems like a good kid.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda