WTB Marker Alpinist 90 mm brakes

Looking for a pair of 90 mm brakes for Zero G 95s. I have 105 mm brakes but I think they are a bit wide for the ski.

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Once you go leashes, you dont go back. Why add unnecessary weight and complexity to what could be an awesome lightweight setup?

I’m open to leashes, but no experience using them. This is my first season touring and just figured I’d go with brakes. Do all leashes work with alpinists? I know that there is a marker alpinist leash, and heard good things on here about B&D

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I use B&D leashes with my Alpinists and they work great. I am way more confident transitioning in sketchy places than my touring partners who use brakes. The B&D leashes allow you to never have to unclip from the leash, so you greatly reduce the risk of kicking a ski down a slope. Most AT brakes are very minimalist and just won't stop a runaway ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    I use B&D leashes with my Alpinists and they work great. I am way more confident transitioning in sketchy places than my touring partners who use brakes. The B&D leashes allow you to never have to unclip from the leash, so you greatly reduce the risk of kicking a ski down a slope. Most AT brakes are very minimalist and just won't stop a runaway ski.
    What do you use to attach the B&D leashes to the bindings (I.e., what do you use to thread through the tiny little holes at the front of the toe piece)?

Also, any recommendations on how to share one set of leashes across multiple Alpinist bindings?

Heres a photo of my setup. Can't remember if the wire loop came with B&D or I pulled it from my box of random parts.

You can pull back the rubber cover and swap the leash over to another ski (just leave the metal loop attached), but it's kinda a pain. A buddy used a keyring to swap and that works too, but it made an annoying clanking noise.

My recommendation would be just to buy a set for each setup. Costs a bit extra of course, but eliminates the possibility that you forget your leashes or put them on wrong.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201101_160936.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	345938

Quote Originally Posted by skier2265 View Post
    Looking for a pair of 90 mm brakes for Zero G 95s. I have 105 mm brakes but I think they are a bit wide for the ski.
    I have some 90's I'll trade for your 105's if you haven't figured something else out.