Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ski Equipment Order Fulfillment?

I paid and placed an order for some Look P14s in July. I still haven't gotten them.

I'm out of the loop on this stuff, but I remember distributors being a little slow on filling orders year ago.

Has it gotten this much worse?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Ordered some stuff from Snowinn (Spain) recently. Took exactly a month.

I am waiting for a similar order that I placed a month or so ago.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

That seems like a long time for an order to come. July to Oct?

I have a different issue. Am located in Canada.

I ordered stuff in March (Pivots and ski jacket) delivered to to my USA postal box which is just across the border in Sumas, WA....I teach at at Canadian university close to the border and would typically walk across between classes to pick stuff up.

Still waiting on the border to re-open to be able to cross and pick it up. Not too hopeful for a quick open. Gonna be interesting to see what happens Nov 3rd.

Contacted the postal place about them shipping it up....seems to be too much hassle.

It’s my 5th set of Pivots....in my quiver of 7 - 8 skis.

First world problems.

aaand I just got an email saying mine shipped

I ordered from a local shop.

Have you spoke with the shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I ordered from a local shop.
    That's too long, any Seattle shop doesn't warehouse any further away than Auburn/Puyallup/Sumner. Time to call customer care and get it sorted out.

I have heard from a shop friend in California that a lot of their stuff was held up in New Jersey due to a dockworkers’s strike.

also, some pro orders are fulfilled through retail shops, so that’s what happened with at least one of my orders

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    That's too long, any Seattle shop doesn't warehouse any further away than Auburn/Puyallup/Sumner. Time to call customer care and get it sorted out.
    I did. They told ne it's 2 to 4 weeks out, which is what they told me in August. This is a well known local shop, I'm surprised at the lack of communication and delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Have you spoke with the shop?
    3 times.

I know I'm known as sort of a wallflower, but I've made an exception to ask them several times, once in August, once in September and again today.

I'm all for supporting local brick and mortar, but this is just weird.

Seems you now have a decision to make based off the communications.
    Sounds to be like they are being disingenuous which would make me pull my order and ask for my money back. That’s your call. Seems as you have been overly patient.

Yeah, but I'm just trying to solicit information from people in the business. Are deliveries really this bad now due to covid or something?

I was serious about the dock worker's strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Yeah, but I'm just trying to solicit information from people in the business. Are deliveries really this bad now due to covid or something?
    Some things, particularly backcountry-related, are in very short supply and are already nearly sold out. Re-supply is a bit of an issue, mostly due to people cancelling orders at the start of the COVID shutdown, factories going on hiatus, then dealers deciding there would be demand and trying to re-order. We are very short on P14's at the moment, but P15's are starting to filter in . . .

I ordered STH2's from another place in mid Sept, they said backordered--would ship Oct 1. Then I got an email that they were delayed, ship Oct 31, but they shipped today. I notice that none of the the local shops have Solly bindings in stock. What Mikey says makes sense. 2020-1 gear slow getting into the country and into the shops--either due to the strike or the usual Covid related delays. Not the shop's fault Everyone seems to have Marker though.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    if you want me to walk down an aisle grab ya a pair at cost + 10 and puts em in the brown cats mail truck today ask
    we dont sell products we dont have in real time inventory
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Good offer, B. I could do something similar but not as cheap, and I'd probably insist you get P15's.

Got my orders from 22 Designs, Scarpa, and Nordica all in 7-10 days from the time of order. I would imagine that the fire in the Rossi factory isn't going to help things this year however. Between that, COVID slow downs, and logistical nightmares, it's gonna be an interesting year for gear. Glad I don't really NEED anything...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    if you want me to walk down an aisle grab ya a pair at cost + 10 and puts em in the brown cats mail truck today ask
    we dont sell products we dont have in real time inventory
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Good offer, B. I could do something similar but not as cheap, and I'd probably insist you get P15's.
    Thanks guys, I'm still trying to work it out with the up valley brick and mortar.

I may come back next week with contrition and a request for p15s.

I have no idea about supply chain issues but how you've been treated by the store is total bull shit. It's one thing if inventory was wrong and they ran out or if you placed an order before the website was updated but they should have visibility into what is on order or shipping to them and when it should arrive. If they don't have it that should be communicated. Anything less is fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    That seems like a long time for an order to come. July to Oct?

I have a different issue. Am located in Canada.

I ordered stuff in March (Pivots and ski jacket) delivered to to my USA postal box which is just across the border in Sumas, WA....I teach at at Canadian university close to the border and would typically walk across between classes to pick stuff up.

Still waiting on the border to re-open to be able to cross and pick it up. Not too hopeful for a quick open. Gonna be interesting to see what happens Nov 3rd.

Contacted the postal place about them shipping it up....seems to be too much hassle.

It’s my 5th set of Pivots....in my quiver of 7 - 8 skis.

First world problems.
    Not that this helps you now, but I heard on the radio that alberta is going to pilot project giving RETURNING residents the option to take a Covid test instead of isolating for 14 days upon return.

There are a couple of other stipulations.

But the americans that are reading this should know you still can't cross under this plan.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Not that this helps you now, but I heard on the radio that alberta is going to pilot project giving RETURNING residents the option to take a Covid test instead of isolating for 14 days upon return.
    There are a couple of other stipulations.
    But the americans that are reading this should know you still can't cross under this plan.
    Thanks. Getting a Covid test would not be fun.

I ended up buying a new pair of Pivot 15s up here in Canada for $379cdn. The Pivot 18s sitting since March in Sumas were $325US ($425cdn). I’ll just sell em whenever the border opens and I can get them. I figure it will be a while yet.

I’m more stressed that I can’t ski Mt Baker this year, especially with La Niña forecasted.

Been hitting up Corbett’s for gear...and even stranger...buying from a local shop! Go figure.

K

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Thanks. Getting a Covid test would not be fun.

I ended up buying a new pair of Pivot 15s up here in Canada for $379cdn. The Pivot 18s sitting since March in Sumas were $325US ($425cdn). I’ll just sell em whenever the border opens and I can get them. I figure it will be a while yet.

I’m more stressed that I can’t ski Mt Baker this year, especially with La Niña forecasted.

Been hitting up Corbett’s for gear...and even stranger...buying from a local shop! Go figure.

K
    I hear you...sucks to have your gear stranded.

In light of the new rules I might cross the border to buy a raft and could drop ship items for you if you are interested

Last edited by Shorty_J; 10-23-2020 at 07:52 AM.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

I just received STH2-13s from a big on line seller. I try to buy local but the local shops are showing no Solly bindings and very little binding inventory in general. I assume they're still waiting on inventory. I imagine the bigger online sellers are first in line when there are inventory and supply chain issues.