Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    there is always Americans on every trip cuz of the favorable exchange on the Canadian peso eh senor, always 2 doctors on every trip which is pretty handy but there isnt really much use for lawyers altho Lee lau did help fix my sploding binding and I'm still waiting for the bill
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Wait. What? That's the first time I've ever heard that as someone who's lived close to the border most of my life.
    You'd also say no animosity between Seattle and Portland too? Sounders-Whitecaps is almost as heated as Sounders-Timbers games. Ever been to a Mariners-Blue Jays game? Can't wait for the Kraken-Canucks rivalry to get going.

It's probably the fault of the Seattle Times feeding me anti-BC stories throughout the years, such as:
    -BC's plan to log and mine in the headwaters of the Skagit River, just outside Washington wilderness (plans have recently been scrapped; and yes, Washington is a bit of hypocrite for getting upset about this since they built massive hydro projects on the river to power Seattle).
    -The soon to be completed new BC TransMountain Pipeline, which will increase the amount of oil tankers sailing next to the San Juan Islands, through the Strait of Juan de Fuca, and next to the beaches in Olympic National Park from 5 a month, to 34 a month.
    -Victoria's long running beef with Washington State dating all the way back to 1960 for their refusal to build a sewage treatment plant and instead dumping their poop in the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Victoria had promised to build the plant but delayed their promise for decades. Mr. Floatie agrees with me:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00039939-955x1024.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	332.9 KB 
ID:	344432
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mr-floatie.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	344433

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    You'd also say no animosity between Seattle and Portland too? Sounders-Whitecaps is almost as heated as Sounders-Timbers games. Ever been to a Mariners-Blue Jays game? Can't wait for the Kraken-Canucks rivalry to get going.
    I don't know animosity seems strong but maybe that's just me and my personality.

Going to Canada was pretty much like going to Oregon, it never was a big deal. Yeah there are some strange differences but honestly they seemed minor to me compared to other countries when I was younger. Borders were never a big deal as a kid, you just sat through them, and at least they spoke English. Several years ago I got interviewed because I honestly couldn't remember the last time I'd been to Canada and said it was for the Olympics. About an hour later I realized I'd been camping with my family 2 weeks prior. It just wasn't anything special.

Never was that into sports so I never let that be a big part of how I view places. Except the teams Bmills follows.

For me, I grew up in Seattle because my mom was a lawyer for the state and my dad decided Seattle was the next best place after Vancouver. Portland was mostly an accumulation of traffic on the way to other places.

Mom -
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I didn't start it. Tell the Canadians to stop poking me.
    It's not fair!!!

And I thought I was a fragile little snowflake. Appears there needs to be some moderating here - TGR Overlords to the white courtesy phone please!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

you got him on the ropes so que the lawyer jokes

back in the day we were doing donuts around the border marker in pt roberts,

I'm pretty sure you can't do that anymore
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know