Brake rub when bike is leaned over

My Gravel bike seems to have an issue where the brakes rub when it's leaned over on a turn or while sprinting. I've tightened the thru axles and checked rotor and caliper tightness and everything looks okay. Is this due to hub bearings? Anybody have this happen?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

The wheels flexing can cause this. Spokes tensioned properly?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Could be:
    - alignment is just off. If your caliper is set so the pads are super close to the rotor, a small amount of flex can make it rub.
    -Frame flex. If this is a new phenomenon, check for cracks.
    - hub issues. Check for bearing play, broken axle, cracked hub shell.

If you have a different wheel, throw that in and see if you can replicate the rub. That'll narrow your list of potentials.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    The wheels flexing can cause this. Spokes tensioned properly?

I was thinking that because the hub is tightened via the thru axle and the hub should be generally stiff that this would be low probability - that it would take a lot of deflection at the rim/tire to get the hub or rotor to move much, but maybe not?

Thanks @toast2266 for the other suggestions also. I'll rate a closer look. I bought the bike used and there was a little of this early on also.

Seth

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Yeah what he said. But yes it can happen from a few things.. Depending on rotor size, heat, pad spacing, wheel tension, bearings, frame flex. Bikes see a ton of forces.

Bent rotor would just make it worse so you could check that too.

It doesn't take much to clip the rotor on the pads, there's not a ton of retraction. Make sure your rotor is true, recenter the caliper, check your wheel bearings, it should fix it.

I had this on my FS when I changed wheelsets, recentering the calipers (unscrew, spin wheel fast, slowly clamp brake and then hold it hard, then screw in caliper bolts) fixed it and I haven't had any trouble all season since then.

It's definitely annoying hearing the "ring ring ring!" as you're leaning the bike over though!