Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    But good for your partners or you that probably want to get dug out before the pooch.
    My dog has more avalanche rescue training than most people
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Unless you’re really tight on cash, could consider getting a 2nd proper beacon, which might be useful as a back-up (for yourself or, e.g., when friends come visit and they didn’t pack right)?

Side note: If I were to use a friend’s back-up beacon, there’s a certain level of trust that needs to be there...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bw_wp_hedonism View Post
    Unless you’re really tight on cash, could consider getting a 2nd proper beacon, which might be useful as a back-up (for yourself or, e.g., when friends come visit and they didn’t pack right)?

Side note: If I were to use a friend’s back-up beacon, there’s a certain level of trust that needs to be there...

I could never understand how guys spend thousands on their toys to recreate then complain about the price of a piece of equipment that could possibly help save a life
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by bw_wp_hedonism View Post

Great perspective.

As far as a transmit only device, I suppose it's viable for an inbounds skier - electronic Recco, if you will. I recall someone posting here that ski patrol's search sequence is beacon, then Recco.

Of course, even with occasional news of inbounds avys, I doubt many non-touring skiers would ponder buying one.

They're more likely to buy Shifts, a "real" beacon and then stay inbounds.

Never mind ...

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music