Page 32 of 182 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Looks like Sunday River and Sugarloaf are pulling the trigger for tomorrow (11/23) - so prob just waited to see how things went at Killington...

Hopefully others follow as well to alleviate pressure ahead of the holiday

Stowe was blowing snow all day today, looks like they are trying open with quad and triple...maybe to spread out lift lines/rides?

Hopefully some natural will help spread things out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

East Coast Roll Call #??? 20-21 Covid closures and hard core touring! Be Fit or Sit

I’m grumpy that Smuggs is giving up on opening Thanksgiving weekend. That’s 3 days my Bash Badge would be free, but now are moot.

Quote Originally Posted by BGSTi_403 View Post
    Looks like Sunday River and Sugarloaf are pulling the trigger for tomorrow (11/23) - so prob just waited to see how things went at Killington...

Hopefully others follow as well to alleviate pressure ahead of the holiday
    Sunday River had one hell of a gun show going today. I'm sure they're trying to make the most of a limited amount of good snowmaking temps in the forecast, but the weather has challenged the plan to open with enough lifts to actually spread people out.

Risky (to the top), South Ridge, Monday Mourning and Cascades were all lit up when I took the dog for a hike this morning. I didn't get close enough to Risky to see for sure, but the rest looked to be early in the process; I'm guessing there are a lot of fingers crossed for enough snowmaking windows this week to get all of that online for Thanksgiving.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Could only get through the first 8 pages before I glazed over and skipped to the last page. I'm stoked for the season no matter how shit shakes out with the plague. Less people means better conditions and if any resorts opt for a Magic style schedule (are they still part timers?) even better from a purely selfish POV. I'm not sure if the bar is re-opening in December, kinda wishing they remain closed so I can continue picking up the welfare checks and watch cartoons. Planning on going over to Stowe next week for some lift served laps and a beer run.
    I crushed it project wise the past 7 months around the house and yard, crushed it the way slave labor built the pyramids and Rome, long days, a lot of long nights racing against the clock and mother nature. Supply chain issues caused several delays in getting materials delivered for the deck I'm building. I canceled the Trex order and went with bluestone instead. Materials cost are about 1500 less than Trex, so it was a win all around and I'll finish the deck in the spring. I hope everyone had a Covid free summer and fall and no one lost a friend or relative. We've been lucky being up here in the notch and we haven't lost anyone close. My dad has been stuck in Germany since February and I'm hoping things settle down in the next 4-6 months with the various vaccines rolling out so he can get back. He turns 86 in a week. We had to put Cody down a few months ago, a real heartbreaker. He was such a great fucking dog, he NEVER did anything wrong from the first day we got him. Never pissed or shit in the house, never destroyed anything, always happy. Fin.
    Silent....but shredly.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I’m grumpy that Smuggs is giving up on opening Thanksgiving weekend. That’s 3 days my Bash Badge would be free, but now are moot.
    I haven't seen any guns blowing yet, I'm going to try and drive over there tomorrow and see what's going on.
    Silent....but shredly.

East Coast Roll Call #??? 20-21 Covid closures and hard core touring! Be Fit or Sit

Soggy morning for opening day at the Loaf. Heard a plow truck about an hour ago, now the road is just wet. No turns for me until next week, only on snow employees until then.

Game on

Quote Originally Posted by Moeghoul View Post
    I haven't seen any guns blowing yet, I'm going to try and drive over there tomorrow and see what's going on.
    I took a walk at Smuggs yesterday. Slight coverage up on the alley and a 300 yard ribbon up stirring lift. It’s like they just pulled the plug on snow ops.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeghoul View Post
    Could only get through the first 8 pages before I glazed over and skipped to the last page. I'm stoked for the season no matter how shit shakes out with the plague. Less people means better conditions and if any resorts opt for a Magic style schedule (are they still part timers?) even better from a purely selfish POV. I'm not sure if the bar is re-opening in December, kinda wishing they remain closed so I can continue picking up the welfare checks and watch cartoons. Planning on going over to Stowe next week for some lift served laps and a beer run.
    I crushed it project wise the past 7 months around the house and yard, crushed it the way slave labor built the pyramids and Rome, long days, a lot of long nights racing against the clock and mother nature. Supply chain issues caused several delays in getting materials delivered for the deck I'm building. I canceled the Trex order and went with bluestone instead. Materials cost are about 1500 less than Trex, so it was a win all around and I'll finish the deck in the spring. I hope everyone had a Covid free summer and fall and no one lost a friend or relative. We've been lucky being up here in the notch and we haven't lost anyone close. My dad has been stuck in Germany since February and I'm hoping things settle down in the next 4-6 months with the various vaccines rolling out so he can get back. He turns 86 in a week. We had to put Cody down a few months ago, a real heartbreaker. He was such a great fucking dog, he NEVER did anything wrong from the first day we got him. Never pissed or shit in the house, never destroyed anything, always happy. Fin.
    hey moeghoul, and good to see your post.
    very sorry about your dog's passing.
    losing a pet is among the worst experiences in my book but i'm sure cody had a fantastic life. sounds like he was a great dog indeed.

agree with your take on the skiing.
    all skiing will be good skiing. just because...

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    losing a pet is among the worst experiences in my book but i'm sure cody had a fantastic life. sounds like he was a great dog indeed.

I can attest, Cody was a sweetheart of a dog always happy to greet you and roll over for a belly rub, cheers to a long life well lived!

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    I can attest, Cody was a sweetheart of a dog always happy to greet you and roll over for a belly rub, cheers to a long life well lived!
    Was his breath better than Marley's or were you not as intimate?

New boards today to get the faak away from everyone! ...and a little fat bike grooming.

I can't say I ever shared a cramped hatchback with Cody but hard to believe any dog breath could rival Marley's.

Those sticks look nice but too skinny to ride sideways

I can't say I ever shared a cramped hatchback with Cody but hard to believe any dog breath could rival Marley's.

Cancer breath! Poor dog.

Those boards will be similar to skinning downhill on the splitboard. I'll probably wear my snowboard boots or sorels.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Cancer breath! Poor dog.

Those boards will be similar to skinning downhill on the splitboard. I'll probably wear my snowboard boots or sorels.
    Another top dog.

I don't get why anyone would ever choose to wear ski boots over snowboard boots but I might be somewhat biased.

New boards today...
    Nice of you to buy some skis for your toddler...

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    I took a walk at Smuggs yesterday. Slight coverage up on the alley and a 300 yard ribbon up stirring lift. It’s like they just pulled the plug on snow ops.
    There was a shroud covering the top half all day and I've got about an inch on the ground at the house tonite. They can knock out Rum runner and a few others pretty quickly with cold temps.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post

Thanks, Bucket, hope all is well with you. Try to get up to Smuggs one day this season. Haven't skied together since MRV.

Silent....but shredly.

Scant inch bob this AM, 24º and windy, view of the hill last evening. bush currently taking advantage of the cold weather and running guns on Fling/SB.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201123_162131.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	738.6 KB 
ID:	349533
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Generalstark View Post
    Nice of you to buy some skis for your toddler...

Wifey skis bro. They do have smaller ones for kids. These things are 110 under foot and 124 shovel. All terrain vehicles will get me some random pow turns in the middle of nowhere.

Wifey skis bro. They do have smaller ones for kids. These things are 110 under foot and 124 shovel. All terrain vehicles will get me some random pow turns in the middle of nowhere.
    I call them turbo snowshoes
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

^nice! i thought they looked waterski-like.

i have some hilly roads and avenues in mind for deep days ahead of the plows
    on the fence though about handrails and stairs ;0]

^^ moeghoul: boy i *hope* i can make it to smuggs this year...MRV, all of it.

that was a fun outing...hanging in the lot as we waited for the snow to pile up...which it did! almost 10yrs back already!

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I call them turbo snowshoes
    Yeah, they're a bit whacky, but they'll fill a void and something to do with the wife. We snowshoe in the Whites and I'm always jonesing to slide down even small two-three turn pockets. A little more difficult on steeper tight "ups" but way more fun on the downs than shoes

What’s for grip?

Who makes them?
    . . .

Can anyone suggest a good bootfitter in Boston? For my future daughter in law. I'm suggesting having boots fitted this year not a great idea and maybe the shops feel the same way, but she's an adult (Boston isn't Kentucky or Afghanistan) so if she wants to do it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Can anyone suggest a good bootfitter in Boston? For my future daughter in law. I'm suggesting having boots fitted this year not a great idea and maybe the shops feel the same way, but she's an adult (Boston isn't Kentucky or Afghanistan) so if she wants to do it . . .
    Ski Monster, they have moved to an appointment model