Page 18 of 182 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Well they are essential, Joe blow from Boston that is a mountain host is not and should stay home unless they quarantine.
    My point is that anybody who has to go to work every day can’t ski in VT this year under these rules. What do you guys figure is going to actually happen? Do people follow these rules and VT’s ski industry folds or do people lie on the forms and all the mountains (wink wink) go along with it so that they can survive?

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    My point is that anybody who has to go to work every day can’t ski in VT this year under these rules. What do you guys figure is going to actually happen? Do people follow these rules and VT’s ski industry folds or do people lie on the forms and all the mountains (wink wink) go along with it so that they can survive?
    I would prefer people to follow the rules both the guests and the services, we are after all in a pandemic. If the mountains can’t make money for the year let them shut down for the year and apply for emergency funding just like every other business.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAB294E0-5C6F-45E5-85EC-182AF171C104.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	390.3 KB 
ID:	346174

You can ski in your home state. That’s how population health works related to infection control. Second, there are a ton of Covid Refugees here now & winter break for colleges is now Thanksgiving to February- we’ll be just fine.

Because someone works, they are entitled to be a vector of disease on the hill in the name of saving the very same hill? What if they shut the hill down? What if they kill the liftie? Those folk are not the healthiest to begin with.

East Coast Roll Call #??? 20-21 Covid closures and hard core touring! Be Fit or Sit

It must just be a coincidence that my CC got charged today for my Epic passes......and same day VT announces guidelines that say no go on the same day.....lol.

Life sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    It must just be a coincidence that my CC got charged today for my Epic passes......and same day VT announces guidelines that say no go on the same day.....lol.

Life sucks...
    Huh, VT has been saying this since pretty much April.

East Coast Roll Call #??? 20-21 Covid closures and hard core touring! Be Fit or Sit

Huh, VT has been saying this since pretty much April.
    Well....I was kinda hoping things would be better 10 months later?....and seeing it in writing on the same day my CC finally got charged...I guess makes it more real.

I’m coming from a county that was/is/has been fluctuating in the VT green.....so we were able to take kids to school in August....but haven’t been up since in respect to VT state guidelines....

Sorry....this is an EC stoke thread...
    Last edited by BC.; 11-03-2020 at 07:25 PM.

if some vermonters went to mccauley for a huge dump tomorrow, would they be expected to quarantine for two weeks after sharing double chairs with dirty new yorkers?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I can stay out of VT this winter if that’s what is required. I’ll be fine. That’s not my point. It just seems like an over reaction to me. If these rules are going to be enforced, they should just shut down now. If they’re just gonna pretend these are the rules, what is the point of it all?

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    if some vermonters went to mccauley for a huge dump tomorrow, would they be expected to quarantine for two weeks after sharing double chairs with dirty new yorkers?
    Apparently. And there are already tons of Vermonters flouting the rules. I’m back and forth to Albany on the thruway almost every weekend and there’s no shortage of green plates.

I would prefer people to follow the rules both the guests and the services, we are after all in a pandemic. If the mountains can’t make money for the year let them shut down for the year and apply for emergency funding just like every other business.
    Exactly. People can't seem to grasp the new normal. Most mountains will survive if the out-of-staters don't come. Some won't but maybe a relief bill will provide enough $$ to carry them over. I don't know shit about how Epic and Alterra operates but I do know that Magic has enough cash from pass sales this year to sail through with no day tickets sold. What will suck is the staff reductions that might have to happen if the season is greatly reduced. All of that pales in comparison to the Governor shutting it down in January due to spreader events at Killington, Sugarbush, and Stowe (it's gonna happen). Then everybody is unemployed.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    You can ski in your home state. That’s how population health works related to infection control. Second, there are a ton of Covid Refugees here now & winter break for colleges is now Thanksgiving to February- we’ll be just fine.

Because someone works, they are entitled to be a vector of disease on the hill in the name of saving the very same hill? What if they shut the hill down? What if they kill the liftie? Those folk are not the healthiest to begin with.
    This is a bigger issue than the economic impact. Sorry my cousin from Boston, if you can't quarantine for 7 days and then get a negative test you can't come ski in Vermont. Does this suck for you? Yes...but if you spread the virus that kills my favorite bartender I'm going to pray that you rot in hell (not religious, just using a phrase). Can you live with that any easier than you can live with only skiing in NH or MA this year? Don't be shocked if NH jumps on the same train Governor Scott is driving. First and foremost, the role of any government is to protect its citizens. That's why Phil Scott will win the Governor-ship for 2 more years tonight.

Apparently. And there are already tons of Vermonters flouting the rules. I’m back and forth to Albany on the thruway almost every weekend and there’s no shortage of green plates.
    yeah, i’m all for vermont having whatever rules it sees fit. i do not care at all. it just seems like odd policy if the citizens there are potentially bringing covid back by flouting the rules that they set up.

no more skinning pics from today?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Let’s all just follow the rules and see where this goes. I am not an armchair epidemiologist but do believe if people flock across state lines “to keep the resorts open” they won’t be.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Let’s all just follow the rules and see where this goes. I am not an armchair epidemiologist but do believe if people flock across state lines “to keep the resorts open” they won’t be.
    ^^^QFT..

Props to Gov. Scott for joining the ECRC Moderation effort by keeping the out of state beaters at bay. There will be a similar announcement with a list of individuals who are going to need to quarantine themselves from this thread coming in the near future.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5733CB0E-7220-4E29-BE5C-6EA1FBEBF705.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	565.4 KB 
ID:	346186

The wind did a number on the snow yesterday

Someone shared some fanfuckingtastic photos of todays skiing that made me a bit envious. On the home stretch of my 2nd, no wait, 3rd home remodel and will be working the quads soon. Props to all who got out for this early gift before mtb season returns Thursday.

Mass has rules in place that are strict and fines could be assessed for violations. Amazes me how many would ignore VT's rules because they want to ski, so fuck the locals.
    mass.gov/covid-19-state-of-emergency

Just heard this on Deep Tracks, really good jam

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Contiguous states to NY are exempt from the quarantine according to what I've read

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Without skier traffic resorts will cut operations if not close, some permanently. Is that what you want?
    Come on, its a 1 billion industry, hundreds of millions in tax revenue. "Too big to fail" (especially the corporate mountains)

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

yeah, i’m all for vermont having whatever rules it sees fit. i do not care at all. it just seems like odd policy if the citizens there are potentially bringing covid back by flouting the rules that they set up.

no more skinning pics from today?
    No action shots, just the aftermath

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Mass has rules in place that are strict and fines could be assessed for violations. Amazes me how many would ignore VT's rules because they want to ski, so fuck the locals.
    VT is on Mass' list of low-risk states so I don't think there will actually be any enforcement of people returning to MA from VT; it'll mostly be VT's rules and guidelines that dissuade people coming from MA to VT in the first place, but as you mentioned, people wanna ski.
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

Quote Originally Posted by vt_ski View Post
    Come on, its a 1 billion industry, hundreds of millions in tax revenue. "Too big to fail" (especially the corporate mountains)
    The big conglomerates certainly do have deep pockets and a fighting chance, but I'm honestly somewhat nervous about the future of the smaller independent resorts that don't hold as much power. I'm hopeful that the mantra of "keeping it local" this year works in the favor of the mom-n-pop family spots, but we'll see.
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

Good to see some (post) action shots. Report I got was lot 1 had a lot of activity yesterday afternoon.

Resorts have some chance (likely slim but a chance) of staying operational with just local patrons but absolutely none if there is an influx of out of starters in conjunction with a spike in cases statewide. Scott will not hesitate to force resorts to close regardless of whether cases can be attributed/traced to non Vermonters ignoring quarantine guidelines to come ski/ride/snowmobile etc. to avoid a larger and much more costly statewide lockdown. If you want there to be more than a one month season, respect the quarantine rules and there is a chance that can happen, the alternative sucks even more for everyone.

Any other resort employees asked not to ski opening weekend?

I made a new account to ask this question as I don't want to out my employer.
    I tried to start a new thread in general but it would not let me, maybe because I am an Mseries JONG?

I work part-time at a ski area and they asked (told) employees and their dependents (who get free/discounted passes) not to ski on opening weekend to ease crowding. To not come to the mountain unless working. I am curious if this is happening across the board.

I am disappointed because I always look forward to getting out with my family on that first weekend to dust off the gear and see old ski friends and enjoy the WROD. I do understand why management wants this so not really complaining, just curious if managers across the region (and country) are doing this.

Thanks and praise Ullr and tits and beer.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    I wonder what percentage of epic pass sales in New England don't live in the state where they ski most often? If travel is limited whether it be to VT from MA or somewhere else then it would seem like a lot of folks aren't using their pass this year. I know with ikon people have several months before deciding whether to defer. VT mountains should be less crowded which would be nice for locals but I wonder if resorts like stowe have a system in place to enforce quarantine rules. Seems to me that people's passes are geotagged to their home address but wouldn't take into account people who actually followed the rules and quarantined.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackofalltrades View Post
    I made a new account to ask this question as I don't want to out my employer.
    I tried to start a new thread in general but it would not let me, maybe because I am an Mseries JONG?

I work part-time at a ski area and they asked (told) employees and their dependents (who get free/discounted passes) not to ski on opening weekend to ease crowding. To not come to the mountain unless working. I am curious if this is happening across the board.

I am disappointed because I always look forward to getting out with my family on that first weekend to dust off the gear and see old ski friends and enjoy the WROD. I do understand why management wants this so not really complaining, just curious if managers across the region (and country) are doing this.

Thanks and praise Ullr and tits and beer.
    I can't speak all that broadly, but the last two New England resorts where I've been either an employee or a "partner employee" (i.e. a coach working employed by the local ski club, but at the resort), I have been either asked not to ski opening weekend or simply haven't been issued a pass that early. I understand the need to manage capacity, even pre-Covid, when you're one of the first to open, but it's a bit of a bummer at the same time. I wish they could open up, say, Sunday afternoon on opening weekend to employees, when most of the paying guests have gone home.