Page 39 of 182 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Paging Bunny? His quote "The Killington World Cup does nothing for me, its a waste of money, how does it benefit the pass holder in any way"
    For the last 4 years they would be opening Superstar Lift to the public tomorrow with skiing on Superstar, Skylark and Lower Bittersweet runs.
    Attachment 350925
    The past four years they would have had snowmaking temps too.

Snow map looks like a bust for VT. Hoping that track changes for some turns on Sunday. Otherwise, its back to fat biking.

Fyi. bush cat tracked all of the Valley house snow to deter skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Yea, this isn't rustling my jimmies[though good for SV].

Ayuh.

I've got 4 days to use at Bromley before 1/14/2021. Looks like day #1 might be Sunday. From a December a coupla years back at the Sun Mountain:
    Name:  Bromley 12-17-2016.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  366.8 KB

East coast is for mtn biking kids. Skiin' done died.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Sadly true unless you live in the area or can storm chase.

Both that anyone gives a fuck, but I moved to PA from RI after ski season last year and will have an amazing bike season down here most likely. Last year it didn’t snow at all and it was a matter of rain whether the biking was good or not.

Will most likely be traveling out west from now on whenever the COVIDs is over.

Miss New England already but too much of a push between hopping in a plane and going out west or driving about the same distance for who ever knows what conditions.

I think COVID may break my life long habit and desire to get up to the places I learned to ski and love between VT, NH and NY.

/end blog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    With COVID running rampant, I could be okay with a slow ski season and a nice long bike season.

East Coast Roll Call #??? 20-21 Covid closures and hard core touring! Be Fit or Sit

I’ve done so much biking since COVID hit in March that I recently found myself enjoying running more than I ever thought I could

I had to stop working at the shop, nobody is playing by the rules, fuck you assholes! I hope it pisses hot rain all year.
    crab in my shoe mouth

smell your fucking mule.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Fyi. bush cat tracked all of the Valley house snow to deter skiing.

hahahahahaha.....

new owners new rules.

Stay in New York cocksucker.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Just make sure you quarantine before you ride your bike in Vermont next time buttflake.

Blow me
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Ayuh.

I've got 4 days to use at Bromley before 1/14/2021. Looks like day #1 might be Sunday. From a December a coupla years back at the Sun Mountain:
    Name:  Bromley 12-17-2016.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  366.8 KB
    Sadly, the Big Brom isn’t spinning lifts this weekend - punting until next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I’ve done so much biking since COVID hit in March that I recently found myself enjoying running more than I ever thought I could

yup same here. i'd *never* come close to getting as many off-season rides as ski days - which always seemed a reasonable ratio for staying ski-fit as body ages. i've now got 3 more rides than 18/19 ski days - and nearly double my total of covid-stunted 19/20. no running though as the knees no like!

as an aside: it had always been a struggle to cook as much as i'd like and to bring lunch to work. nothing like a global pandemic to make that happen! been bringing lunch at a roughly 99% clip and can count the times i've ordered out in last 8mos on one hand.

sure hope some good snow drops this winter or i'll be biking year round.

[/blog out]
    Last edited by buckethead; 12-03-2020 at 11:20 AM.

I just bought winter riding shoes, so the storm will deliver.

New corporate overlords at bush already showing things have changed...
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I had to stop working at the shop, nobody is playing by the rules, fuck you assholes! I hope it pisses hot rain all year.
    I hear you...moved back to VT a coupla weeks ago and hit Mt. Slow on Sunday. Maybe 1 in 20 cars had green plates. NFW all those peeps from NY, NJ, MA, CT, and RI quarantined for 2 weeks like I did. Fortunately, they were all too scared to ski the North Face so I had that pod to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    Sadly, the Big Brom isn’t spinning lifts this weekend - punting until next weekend.
    Well, shit. Guess I'll have to hike Magique.

^^ funny. they're not afraid to catch or spread (or get caught) but afraid of the only part of the mtn worth traveling for.

take a slap!
    Last edited by buckethead; 12-03-2020 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I hear you...moved back to VT a coupla weeks ago and hit Mt. Slow on Sunday. Maybe 1 in 20 cars had green plates. NFW all those peeps from NY, NJ, MA, CT, and RI quarantined for 2 weeks like I did. Fortunately, they were all too scared to ski the North Face so I had that pod to myself.

Well, shit. Guess I'll have to hike Magique.
    Technically speaking, if someone travels from MA, NY, NJ, and CT, they have to quarantine to enter VT and after to enter their home state. so for a day of skiing 14 days up to 28 days of quarantine depending if they can get a test or not. So yeah, all those out of state weekend or day trippers are breaking their home town rules and VTs.

yup. the crux of the problem right there.
    not enough in-state or eligible skiers to keep the ski areas open.
    those who break the rules are given tacit support by that very fact.
    with cases growing in every state more of the same becomes inevitable.

best bet all around is for folks to commit ski in state and less often...at least where lifts are concerned. that and tons of natural base everywhere.

The only way people do not cross lines to ski is if there are no lifts spinning to drive to. Hate to sound like a dick but this is hard human nature fact.

As my father-in-law, who BTW is intubated and fighting for his life as I type, would say about most people's attitude towards others, fuck you I got mine.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    The only way people do not cross lines to ski is if there are no lifts spinning to drive to. Hate to sound like a dick but this is hard human nature fact.

As my father-in-law, who BTW is intubated and fighting for his life as I type, would say about most people's attitude towards others, fuck you I got mine.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Shit, sorry about your father. Think positively, my great Aunt (91) was on a vent in May, things looked bad but she pulled through and is doing fine.

Vibes to your FIL Prsboogie. We had a friend who lost her dad up there in Fall River. Tough times in though RI / MA border seemed to have lower infection rates for a time.

wishing your dad-in-law a strong fight back - and you and your wife strength and love through this stressful time.