Page 50 of 182 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 4533
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Run what you brung, even if it’s 3x more expensive than other options.

Attachment 352526

Thrifty families look for bulk discounts on skis.

Attachment 352528

Nice to have Smugglers Alley open this morning. Most traffic stayed on the blues so I had it to myself for a few laps. I headed out as the crowds picked up.
    top pic and bush cam shot look especially undistanced. much tempting of fate by ski areas....

Abasin in Co. Is smart. They turned off the base webcam today (Saturday) and turn it off on busy days. Claim it's broken. Sure. Don't want the governor to see that shit.

I'll bet all the people at Sugarbush in that picture quarantined for 14 days like they should have. Right. Now they're all walking around in groups through the markets and hotel lobbies and wherever else they is open. Good luck, Vermont!

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    top pic and bush cam shot look especially undistanced. much tempting of fate by ski areas....
    Smuggs actually was plenty distanced. They line up every other gate and It's pretty tough to get within 6' of someone when you are wearing skis. Thurs & Fri were basically ski on and today the line only backed up when the chair stopped for a minute or two. Everyone is masked (although some are just wearing a buff that clearly has no value to ease the spread). I only saw a few out of state plates in the lot and who knows what that means. I've felt very comfortable skiing there over the last 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Bush looks busy; guessing everyone wants to get out there and limited terrain open.

Spent the morning at the Sun Mountain. Peruvian will get this...they opened Corkscrew totally ungroomed and whaled up. Only got one run on it before the visibility went to milk bottle; it was awesome and very Magic-like. By 11:30 the fog/cloud was 3/4 down the hill and we called it a day. No crowds, no waits in line. Day #3 for me.

Since you guys started it with the Wachusett references ... here's the link to the new uphill season pass program:
    https://www.wachusett.com/Tickets-Pa...ll-Passes.aspx
    I'm not sure if they'll mail it to you, but to pick it up in person, ring the doorbell on the left side of the lodge along the boardwalk (from the perspective of the parking lot), they'll let you inside (which is kind of wild -- never thought a lodge would seem so exotic, like forbidden territory), and immediately print up your pass.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Wandered over for a look, out of order, lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201212_151934.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	352584

Warm so people looked half comfortable

Name:	20201212_151848.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	352581

No one in the chicken koops, probably wasn't cold enough

Name:	20201212_151806.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	465.9 KB 
ID:	352579

Lots, except for Ruperts, packed like sardines and all full. h
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Here you go NH mags... from FaceBook New England Gear Swap page. Never been skied! So says the ad.

Someone go grab these!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E4EBAC0B-8981-4B33-BC04-9A89F3EF66B4.jpeg 
Views:	102 
Size:	297.0 KB 
ID:	352585  

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Here you go NH mags... from FaceBook New England Gear Swap page. Never been skied! So says the ad.

Someone go grab these!
    Never been skied, IDK, is that like buying a wedding dress that has never been worn?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Spent the morning at the Sun Mountain. Peruvian will get this...they opened Corkscrew totally ungroomed and whaled up. Only got one run on it before the visibility went to milk bottle; it was awesome and very Magic-like. By 11:30 the fog/cloud was 3/4 down the hill and we called it a day. No crowds, no waits in line. Day #3 for me.
    That sounds like a blast. I was going to go but I got told it was Xmas shopping day instead... bullshit. I am thinking Stratton in the morning so I can retrieve my ikon. But I do want to ski with the old man.... I gotta call an find out how smooth patrol went today before I show up and expect him to ski with me. He was beating his head off the wall last night. Blood pressure is high. Doesn’t get paid nearly enough to head that crap on a normal year, now add the stupid virus precautions and running ski patrol and all the old people on patrol that can’t. Better him then me. Fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    That sounds like a blast. I was going to go but I got told it was Xmas shopping day instead... bullshit. I am thinking Stratton in the morning so I can retrieve my ikon. But I do want to ski with the old man.... I gotta call an find out how smooth patrol went today before I show up and expect him to ski with me. He was beating his head off the wall last night. Blood pressure is high. Doesn’t get paid nearly enough to head that crap on a normal year, now add the stupid virus precautions and running ski patrol and all the old people on patrol that can’t. Better him then me. Fuck that.

Stratton was a blast today.

so much for my sanityClick image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnailcrowd.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	352624 the line to the line.

One of the tough things this year, as can be seen around many comments here, is that it appears some mountains will act cautiously and some can't or won't.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

^ So far, my experiences have been good. Have skied at 2 Epic resorts (Mt. Snow and Okemo) and Bromley. All 3 seemed to be taking things seriously and it appears that Epic is seriously limiting reservations to keep the crowds down. I'm planning on skiing mostly weekdays at the bigger spots. No idea how the Bush is limiting things but if they are doing anything, it appears they may want to re-think things...

though the lines look extremely long the spacing of people of differant gruops was good,everyone had a mask.they will have to rethink the HG corral until its open to the bottom from HG. i have been skiing SB for 47 years and have never seen so many younger skiers say 20 to 30 years old. Odd thing was not a sole on OG the 5 laps i took down it,it was very nice

PS,i would say the longest wait was 15 minutes,seeing how i haven't had to wait in line the last 13 years on a weekend it did seem long

East Coast Roll Call #??? 20-21 Covid closures and hard core touring! Be Fit or Sit

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Smuggs actually was plenty distanced. They line up every other gate and It's pretty tough to get within 6' of someone when you are wearing skis. Thurs & Fri were basically ski on and today the line only backed up when the chair stopped for a minute or two. Everyone is masked (although some are just wearing a buff that clearly has no value to ease the spread). I only saw a few out of state plates in the lot and who knows what that means. I've felt very comfortable skiing there over the last 3 days.
    Not all Buffs created equal some filter compatible at least but hard to tell who is actually rocking these (I am):

https://buffusa.com/buff-products/me...58.000#details

Two Buffs should work too. Per CDC just avoid single layer fabrics.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-guidance.html

I am pretty stoked on the filter Buffs. No fogging issues yet but will see what happens in the real cold w/ freezing moisture build up.
    Uno mas

^^^good info doremite.

I tried doubling over a standard Buff but could still blow out a candle. My doubled over merino wool Buff passed the test. I’ll probably keep wearing my OR mask as it was easy to pull up/down and was comfortable enough.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    I bet Okemo wishes they had their old pomas back this season. Man did I end up dangling in the air spinning around like a dervish on those things when I was a kid. Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Green Poma immediately came to mind when I read this. It was more challenging than the skiing.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

The poma lifts were by far the more exciting and terrifying part of my development at Okemo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shout out to buckethead for the beta and encouragement to get out on my home hill yesterday.

It was pad day, ops was dropping the pads from the chair for patrol to put them up on the towers. Scottski and I volunteered to help.

We had fun inspecting the manmade, and the super thin natch.

Shredded Moz

Northface

Upper Face was partially blown and it was a hoot skiing grass in between the whales.

It’s great!! Snow is ok. place is a ghost town. Stratton could be a great time this year

I like the old school poma convo, i'll play: Pico summit poma- most gnar experience of my young life lapping that puppy on a pow day.

Any mid Atlantic maggots thinking about Thursday dawn patrol?

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla Gorilla View Post
    Any mid Atlantic maggots thinking about Thursday dawn patrol?
    Where in the mid-Atlantic are you thinking?