Page 53 of 182 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 4533
    At least the ground will be frozen in northern areas. Ready for when the next storm rolls around (which will probably be a 45 degree rain storm Christmas eve).
    Name:  NE_Snow.png
Views: 761
Size:  77.1 KB
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Nothing quite like a brown Christmas in Vermont.

Throw in some limited terrain, thousands of tourists looking to party, a global pandemic and dash of COVID rage and you've yourself a nice little holiday ski week.

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    Anyone been riding the Gondi at K or elsewhere? Should I avoid completely or will it be a ghost town tomorrow and no worries?
    bush is a ghost town today and it's going to be colder tomorrow. Kzone kids say solo boxes are ok, line might be longer tomorrow with the cold. Dress warm and have fun.

Sweet dusting

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post

Throw in some limited terrain, thousands of tourists looking to party, a global pandemic and dash of COVID rage and you've yourself a nice little holiday ski week.
    All those tourists with snow in their yards are going to be awfully surprised when the come North to find zero snow and closed bars.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    The one and only, grew up 2 miles south. The debauchery that occurred on that little bump back in my youth is book worthy...well, short story at least.
    I was waiting to see ur post.LOL Back in HS it was straight out of class. , stop at Circle Liquires for beverages and finished burning one just as we got to the lot. Everyday Craziness happened from there.
    TC and I hit Mighty Belle back before he moved. Skied two urban lines in new hope also good times always. Spring and bear will see more snow than Belle. Elk looks to be in a good zone
    always forward but never straight

Glad to see someone busted out the colors for me and had some fun on opening day. Saddleback is indeed back, funk and all. Whoa tracers!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post

Guy moved here 3 years ago and acts like he's Ethan Allen's great grandson. Calm down, beater.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    I was waiting to see ur post.LOL Back in HS it was straight out of class. , stop at Circle Liquires for beverages and finished burning one just as we got to the lot. Everyday Craziness happened from there.
    TC and I hit Mighty Belle back before he moved. Skied two urban lines in new hope also good times always. Spring and bear will see more snow than Belle. Elk looks to be in a good zone
    One summer I drove my 79 Civic half way up the hill at 3:00am on the way home from John & Peter's, fun times. I always liked Elk, a bit further of a drive but rarely, if ever, as crowded as some of the bigger hills. Enjoy the snow down there while we are looking at frozen brown ground!

Quote Originally Posted by ECRC Mod View Post
    Guy moved here 3 years ago and acts like he's Ethan Allen's great grandson. Calm down, beater.
    Ethan Allen was a flatlander, after all.

frozen brown ground!
    Um, excuse me, in ski report lingo its packed brown pow or earthy granules.

Quote Originally Posted by ECRC Mod View Post
    Aww looks who's up from their nap and a just lil' cranky.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Sorry, it's early season so I'm not in good report form. Guessing this doesn't even qualify for the all around stay home report claiming "variable conditions."

Sorry, it's early season so I'm not in good report form. Guessing this doesn't even qualify for the all around stay home report claiming "variable conditions."
    I love variable conditions, there’s always that Saturday person that finds the one 3 inch drift to slash and tells the world it was “deeeeep, got to know where to go bruh!”

I love variable conditions, there’s always that Saturday person that finds the one 3 inch drift to slash and tells the world it was “deeeeep, got to know where to go bruh!”
    Jay Peak owns that trademark I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    For once and for all, it's not the skiing, as long as the gondolas are single ride and corrals are distanced. Its everything else. Are restaraunts open in Vermont? Bars? Breakfast rooms? Are the markets (which can be really tight) crowded? How about lodges on mountain? Those are the places it will spread.
    Clearly it's not the skiing but the skiing crowd that refuses to follow the rules is the litmus paper for what will cause Armageddon. I mean if you can't keep a mask on outside where it's cold, what expectation can anybody have that the same person will do so in tight quarters inside. Also, the pictures of Sugarbush seem to show that they had no plan to limit crowds nor spread them out.

AKA the "One turn wonder".

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    ^^^And THAT is why we can’t have nice things.
    Just so you know... I haven’t taken my mask down and I was joking about the asking if he wanted a puff... can’t burn on the 6 pack, too fast, and I don’t share well.

East Coast Roll Call #??? 20-21 Covid closures and hard core touring! Be Fit or Sit

I prefer the term “snirt.”

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1608078226.209636.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	442.9 KB 
ID:	353042

Whiteface was great this weekend. Limited runs but also limited crowds. People were respecting mask rules and the skiing was great (soft turns of well groomed runs). Great first weekend of the season.

Name:	IMG_6551.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	353043

In what was clearly an uncomfortable, TMI, unforeseen scenario I was subjected to mask-less Boomers at Stratton wanting to go Thunderdome on the underpaid lodge hostess when they apparently needed to do a number 2 & the elevator was not planned to be accessible for this cause & they were unwilling to navigate the stairs.

1º[one] bob and dead calm. Steam from the guns up Rock valley is quiet impressive this morning.

Name:	20201216_075827.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	353095

On the other hand, Jays tram rulz kinda make it "why bother"

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 7.35.14 AM.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	688.7 KB 
ID:	353096
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Mid week tram closure great for those that don’t mind a quick hike or skin to some great terrain variety when conditions cooperate
    Uno mas

There will always be some folk who complain if the tram isn’t running as they paid to come ski the chutes. I’ll stick it out and risk frostbite on the flyer.

In someways it would be nice if they didn’t run the tram and a 10 min bootpack could score you some goods. Steve Wright had a nice interview in October on the Storm Skiing Postcast and talked about everything they are doing for COVID. I actually found that podcast to be really well done and interesting to hear from various mountains as well as Indypass founder.

It will make access to Big Jay less accessible, which is a good thing. Especially with the new wave of skinners.

www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime