Page 25 of 182 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Curious where you heard about the Jan 1 push back for resorts?

Gov. Scott has a press conference today at 11. Very anxious if any actions will be taken.
    Best guess, bars and restaurants are closed to inside dining/drinking. Next Tuesday if numbers remain high, schools close until Dec 1.

Sorry about Barre.

Ouch. A lot of hate here. The virus sucks for everyone. Some understanding instead of anger at these times. WTF happened to our country. No one had any sympathy or empathy any more. It’s either us or them. Nothing is that black and white.

Come on man! That’s a bunch of malarkey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

East Coast Roll Call #??? 20-21 Covid closures and hard core touring! Be Fit or Sit

Municipal offices will be closed again come Monday, so expect the VT gov’s noon announcement to involve broad lockdowns and expect a regional effort to be implemented.

Costco is out of shit paper again too.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    Costco is out of shit paper again too.
    Just give me a follow up season of Tiger King and it'll be just like April.

Yep. This is fucked. We had an outbreak at the high school I teach at and we'll likely be remote for awhile. Now all VT teachers will have access to free testing.

You didn't have free testing before? I've gotten 2 tests done for free, no insurance or anything required.
    Go to doineedacovid19test.com and answer questions and they tell you places to go. I went to a local pharmacy and test was taken in the parking lot. In and out in 10 minutes and results back in 2 days.

https://www.doineedacovid19test.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    You didn't have free testing before? I've gotten 2 tests done for free, no insurance or anything required.
    Go to doineedacovid19test.com and answer questions and they tell you places to go. I went to a local pharmacy and test was taken in the parking lot. In and out in 10 minutes and results back in 2 days.

https://www.doineedacovid19test.com/
    We had free testing in the community before but now we'll have free testing right at the high school. Testing for teachers appears to be a new state initiative.

Had to view some stoke to combat the shitstorm that is this week. Hope the embedded video works.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/118550600" width="640" height="564" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

It didn’t work? I see it on my phone.

Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    It didn’t work? I see it on my phone.

App vs webpage inconsistency.

Welcome to Quebec. Praying to god they don't close the schools here again but it is headed that way.

vibes guys. we'll get through it.
    27° 18°

Just voted to close schools in the county i teach in. (outside of Philly) .......time frame looks like a few weeks and then relook at the situation
    always forward but never straight

We had free testing in the community before but now we'll have free testing right at the high school. Testing for teachers appears to be a new state initiative.
    I didn’t realize how inconsistent general public testing is. Burlington pop up testing reserved in hours for, two days worth of testing.

How many people really need it and don’t have access?

During Q&A he was asked about applicability to ski areas. The answer he gave was a little cagey. He said that the quarantine rules would effectively keep numbers lower on its own but also that we’ll see where we are in a month. Not sure if more is coming or if he was punting.

71% of new cases associated with private events, yet he closes bars and restaurants? I’m confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    71% of new cases associated with private events, yet he closes bars and restaurants? I’m confused.
    much of the same problem down here in PA
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    I didn’t realize how inconsistent general public testing is. Burlington pop up testing reserved in hours for, two days worth of testing.

How many people really need it and don’t have access?
    I think plenty of people have access to testing around here (Montpelier/Barre) but I hear the testing centers aren't busy. Looks like having testing at all the schools will incentivize all the staff to get tested. The tests are also self administered so I wonder how accurate those are compared to getting a q-tip shoved in your brain.

I think plenty of people have access to testing around here (Montpelier/Barre) but I hear the testing centers aren't busy. Looks like having testing at all the schools will incentivize all the staff to get tested. The tests are also self administered so I wonder how accurate those are compared to getting a q-tip shoved in your brain.
    I don’t know anything about self administered tests. I degrees.

For Chittenden County, I know they have a drive through test at Fanny Allen. Their capacity I don’t know.
    We live in an interesting place in an interesting time.
    God’s Speed.

East Coast Roll Call #??? 20-21 Covid closures and hard core touring! Be Fit or Sit

Reminder - If you plan to come to Vermont to ski over Thanksgiving weekend, your at home quarantine starts today. No going to the grocery, no interacting with anyone else, etc.

People are so stupid and selfish, I am sure that lots of tourists will be on line at the canneries because 'Heady toppah is a grocery run'.

Speaking of cans, my brother went to hike on the ny side near Bash Bish today and stopped at a shop with lots of local brews he'd been to before and it picked clean. Something about an aluminum shortage? That maple rum is sounding more and more necessary...

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Reminder - If you plan to come to Vermont to ski over Thanksgiving weekend, your at home quarantine starts today. No going to the grocery, no interacting with anyone else, etc.
    Based on what's happening in VT right now, your advice should be for ANYONE who wants to ski in VT over Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Based on what's happening in VT right now, your advice should be for ANYONE who wants to ski in VT over Thanksgiving.
    Except when I go out I’m masked and only spreading amongst my community, I’m not traveling beyond my county. My parents 1 hour north haven’t seen their grandkids since school started and the one time they saw me, I was masked and never entered their house.

I don’t make the rules and I trust the VT Gov to have the citizens of VT in his best interest. I guarantee if the state epidemiologist thought wide spread travel was wise they would tell us so, but this is not the case. Nearly every state within driving distance of VT has some measure of lockdown, it’s unnecessary and a disservice to VT to not abide by your states requirements or ours. .

Yeah, it sucks, ski season will be rough, places will close, passes next year will be more expensive, second home owners will lose money and not enjoy places they love. However, it’s a pandemic and everyone is or should be making sacrifices. If you can’t or disregard these measures you are an asshole and you deserve to be publicly shamed for not having the intelligence to understand the gravity of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Vermont just fucked itself. Morning news cataloging spreader events: Halloween party in Milton, bowling league in Colchester, etc. WTF people? We had the virus mostly back in the genie bottle and now....No discipline.
    Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Where are all the Vermonters crying about the flatlanders screwing up the state now?? Everyone plays their part

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I am and I blame us. The restrictions were working but in-staters took it for granted that we had this and started doing stupid shit. And here we are. I'm glad I can walk to skiable terrain, with or without lifts.