Page 31 of 182 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Even eyore was right and poo was wrong. Once.

“Online ski chat rooms and social media erupted with rumors and angst, including worries that ski areas might not open at all.“
    ........and the NYT didn't even quote the ECRC thread from TGR? What a bunch of hacks.

Manchester inn was packed all summer. Just like all the other ones in that end of town. He was more concerned about his bottom line all summer long.... now it’s really gonna hurt his trust fund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems I have seen more Vermont plates in Maine than before the pandemic. Guess is 98% of them are not quarantining as State of Vt says when they return.

Echoing others nice pow pics Laps and Peruvian

I would venture to guess you are spot on cat.

Sent from my iPhone using SuckMyDickJerry

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    As Linc on the Mod Squad used to say...

Solid.
    Not when compared to the summit at Big Bromley this morning (from a friend)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1605879613.249629.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	808.0 KB 
ID:	348887

Break out the skates.

Sent from my iPhone using SuckMyDickJerry

And it's on!

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 9.08.19 AM.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	494.5 KB 
ID:	348890

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 9.09.20 AM.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	482.2 KB 
ID:	348891
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    things are looking grim in the vermonts.... seems like benny called it right.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/19/t...gtype=Homepage
    Bill Gates was on my TV last night telling me that Jan. and Feb. will bring peak cases and deaths. He's a smart nerd and can do math in his head. Good luck, y'all! Happy Holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    things are looking grim in the vermonts.... seems like benny called it right.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/19/t...gtype=Homepage
    definitely a grim outlook indeed - thinking about the financial side of it all; the VT relief fund of $75M for the hospitality sector (+$2.5M for ski areas) is less than 5% of the normal $1.6B out-of-stater ski season revenue they mention. I really can't see how a lot of places will survive this; there's just no way they'll be able to make enough money to stay open/operational.

Nice stoke pics Laps and Peruvian, great to see some folks out there gettin after it in any case.
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Seems I have seen more Vermont plates in Maine than before the pandemic. Guess is 98% of them are not quarantining as State of Vt says when they return.

Echoing others nice pow pics Laps and Peruvian

we've had to do that trip twice for family matters. I agree that most havent, but I cant imagine most we are only of the 2% of people following it properly. We litteryl bought 2 weeks of trader joes before getting to NH.

From my annecdotal evidence, mainers have the same issues with not following the rules.

East Coast Roll Call #??? 20-21 Covid closures and hard core touring! Be Fit or Sit

Enough about this travel bullshit. Just stay close to home unless you have to travel. That’s the purpose of the guideline.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Bill Gates was on my TV last night telling me that Jan. and Feb. will bring peak cases and deaths. He's a smart nerd and can do math in his head. Good luck, y'all! Happy Holidays!
    This is funny. I lolled.

Benny - you get a lot of shit here, but I usually find myself chuckling silently in the shadows while you drag the rest of this thread into a flame war.

Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Enough about this travel bullshit. Just stay close to home unless you have to travel. That’s the purpose of the guideline.
    yup, personal responsibility and patience will go a long way towards not making the very bad very worse.

if we ever needed a really snowy and cold winter - this is the one!

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    if we ever needed a really snowy and cold winter - this is the one!
    Cannon cannot open. Lack of temps and rain.

Sunuuunuuu put in a half-assed mask mandate yesterday. The guy is such a tool. Ultimate fence rider.

i said patience too jack ;0]

yup...wasn't suunnunu the last in the NE to shut down the ski areas?
    ("take THAT killington!")

speaking of : it's 2:20pm...any reports from opening day?
    Last edited by buckethead; 11-20-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Cannon cannot open. Lack of temps and rain.

Sunuuunuuu put in a half-assed mask mandate yesterday. The guy is such a tool. Ultimate fence rider.
    Governor Banana leading from behind as per usual. Drove past Loon today and nothing but a dusting and a sad thin ribbon of snowmaking. Warmer at the top of the Kanc than the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    If people could manage to behave intelligently and responsibly without a government mandate hitting them upside the head, we'd be in a much better spot now.

Hell, last spring's uphill season might have been a lot longer, too. But give a group of people an opportunity to do something dumb, and you'll rarely be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    If people could manage to behave intelligently and responsibly without a government mandate hitting them upside the head, we'd be in a much better spot now.

Hell, last spring's uphill season might have been a lot longer, too. But give a group of people an opportunity to do something dumb, and you'll rarely be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Truth

so did anyone fuking ski yesterday? Jeezuz H Christ......may as well re-name this thread "the Covid-Political-Vermont-Is-smarter-than-everyone" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer-Down View Post
    so did anyone fuking ski yesterday? Jeezuz H Christ......may as well re-name this thread "the Covid-Political-Vermont-Is-smarter-than-everyone" thread
    Did you?

So no chance on Waterville day after Thanksgiving?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer-Down View Post
    This is one of the funniest posts on this thread. Time to stop talking about fucking Covid and go ski.

So no I did not ski today, but I did walk on snow.....

Name:	26A475F5-9A33-4FBC-8CC3-6BB924020F33.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	282.9 KB 
ID:	349133 And I have no idea why this is sideways. Theme of the year.....

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    i said patience too jack ;0]

yup...wasn't suunnunu the last in the NE to shut down the ski areas?
    ("take THAT killington!")
    Ha!

I got a sunburn today. Patience.

Out for some runs @ K today. Fair conditions for the year we have had. Blowing new stuff, but not as much as expected.

I will say this, EVERY Killington employee seemed as though they had a deep appreciation for being able pull off the season & was uncharacteristically helpful & pleasant.

Parking Reservations were a PIA (app suckz- slow, freezes & sends you 6 emails a week from Scott Kellog saying hi until you cancel spam via customer service....)- yet the access road process as smooth & I learned you don’t even need to roll down the window to get scanned & surprisingly the poor guy working the road was upbeat & welcoming.

Took a rip up to MSS late yesterday afternoon, was kind of a skating rink (wasn't expecting much more than that) so i bailed after two runs on the WROD to avoid hurting myself. Headed to Val David for a walk along the river in the dark. Found a nice boulder to lie down on next to the water and passed out for about 20 min to the sound of the rapids under the stars. More stars up there than in the city obvs. My camera is busted so all my stoke will be prosaic until that is resolved.
    27° 18°