Page 70 of 182 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 4533
    Fuck, if this actually ever happens I am buying at the first stop.
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Next year I would definitely be down for a pub xc ski crawl

First day of dry January and I'm already thinking about Foam. Gonna be a long month

2-3' of new snow last night. Starting to slowly pile up.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    First day of dry January and I'm already thinking about Foam. Gonna be a long month

2-3' of new snow last night. Starting to slowly pile up.
    Wow we only got 2-3 inches.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by gerritkwood View Post
    I was at Jay too this weekend and I was surprised how much natural terrain came into play with these 8 inches (if you were willing to risk your skis). With the wind in the afternoon, there were free refills all over the mountain. I really enjoyed lapping Montrealer-Northway-Hell's Crossing off Jet. There was also a crew hucking backies under the Bonnie chairlift that was providing stoke for the people heading up.
    Lots of leftovers today as well. Inversion was looking pretty cool too

I agree the wind hold on Bonnie was suspiciously long, and it sucks that ski patrol was so douchey but I really can't complain about my experience there. Imagine any other resort on a Saturday morning powder day during peak holiday season with just one triple chairlift open. I think we got off easy.
    Risking your skis is right! ha, I hit bottom a few times when they dropped the rope on Kitz, a few knicks on the bases, but overall the snow coverage was pretty dang good all things considered. We also saw those dudes throwing backies on Liftline, pretty awesome to see them gettin after it and I think I recognized a few of them as kids from the Jay Freeski team.

I definitely agree with your last thought about us actually getting off easy on a Saturday morning pow day with the situation as it is; I never thought the wait times were really too bad and everyone seemed to be smart about masks etc. - What made me happy is that on two separate occasions within the last week, Steve Wright has been out helping man the lift lines on the Bonnie. He was out there Saturday in the snowstorm too, and was just as stoked as most of the skiers. Always great to see the GM of a resort actually out in the field involved with the operations.
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

27º bob with 2" of new snow overnight, total of 8" this weekend. Dead calm right now with the fluff sitting on the branches. Patrol is setting boo on Twist, so more natch opening this am. Get some.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Fuck, if this actually ever happens I am buying at the first stop.
    This would be a great 10k ski. We can make a loop of it.

Sub freezing temps this week means the snow should stick around.

Just sayin’.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I am a few days further out on that trapeze wire, the view doesn't get any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    This would be a great 10k ski. We can make a loop of it.
    In.

Skied Jay Peak again today. Parked on Tram side, to pick up my new "uphill pass". Rode Metro chair at 8;30 over to Bonnie. Second chair on the Bonnie, with perfect corduroy for laps on Northway/Wiggle back to Bonnie. Very few skiers today, though I never made it to the Jet. Snow making above on the Northway, to JFK so no access to skin higher than Bonnie offload. Unless you want to lose your season pass !
    Enjoyed the corduroy with my new Orb Freerides and F-1s..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20210104_090032.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	503.0 KB 
ID:	356291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Northway Jan 4 2021 enhanced.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	851.3 KB 
ID:	356292

gerritkwood,
    glad you got in some good turns on Saturday; I just had to leave earlier.. I should have passed on Saturday/Holiday weekend skiing, but the fresh snow was too tempting. Nice picture of the Poma, looking into the Black Falls drainage. I've been over there.. .

9/16" of fresh overnight w/some snow mist falling not, foggy as fuck.

Some skiing yesterday for a couple of hours

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210104_165732.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	356383

Name:	20210104_165646.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	356384

Rope drops garnered some untracked lanes for while, good to get some in looking at the 10 day forecast

Name:	20210104_165554.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	356385

Name:	20210104_165444.jpg 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	356386

Name:	20210104_165321.jpg 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	356387

Something happened and we lost any sun, flat light murk sucks, off to work for the afternoon.

Name:	20210104_111051.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	970.1 KB 
ID:	356388
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Name:	Hunter.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	356397

Hunter is closed today and Vail is being extremely upfront regarding the reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerjames View Post

Hunter is closed today and Vail is being extremely upfront regarding the reasons.
    I'm forgoing resort skiing this year so have no idea how a Vail resort is managed but it sounds they're all complete shit shows across the board.

Not even a Bolton pass? I thought you had one.
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Not even a Bolton pass? I thought you had one.
    Should've said I'm forgoing lift served this season. I got the Bolton backcountry/uphill pass. Only skinned up once so far, waiting for that big dump.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerjames View Post

A little more info on the home page:

Name:	IMG_2088.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	726.0 KB 
ID:	356415
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Update. Covid hits patrol:

Name:	IMG_2089.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	594.9 KB 
ID:	356416
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

New Years Eve super spreader Patrol Party??
    . . .

Interwebs saying that patrol is on strike

Yes, the "excluded out of work related to Covid-19" statement above seemed odd phrasing to me. I do know that Patrollers don't get paid enough to deal with the type of exposure they could be subjected to daily. They are essentially front line workers at this point. Should they strike? I don't presume to know... More to this than meets the eye. Could be a sign of things to come across the industry however.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Yes, the "excluded out of work related to Covid-19" statement above seemed odd phrasing to me. I do know that Patrollers don't get paid enough to deal with the type of exposure they could be subjected to daily. They are essentially front line workers at this point. Should they strike? I don't presume to know... More to this than meets the eye. Could be a sign of things to come across the industry however.
    Anyone who works outside all winter ends up working through sniffles and coughs. Depending on the wording of the Covid self-assessment they presumably use, answering accurately about such things could easily mean being required to stay home for 10 days. Now if 2/3 of the available patrol staff happened to answer in such a manner on the same day, that doesn't seem to exactly be a strike (legally, at least), but it's definitely going to have an impact on business operations.

Edited to add: ...and if that happens to push the business to better take care of employee health to allow operation during a pandemic, so much the better.

Name:	IMG_0166.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	316.1 KB 
ID:	356419Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0168.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	280.6 KB 
ID:	356420

Fun morning above the clouds

^^ Rad photos T!

Are there any lift ticket deals going this season? I noticed Cannon cancelled the NH res. Tuesdays and the two-for-one Wednesdays.

Thinking maybe Saddleback on Friday as the day ticket is pretty reasonably priced. Stoked to see all the work they did this past Summer.

Jay today. Foggy down low, but great carving on the Northway. I caught the first chair on the Bonnie. Looking South towards the Jet. They are making snow to the top of the Flyer, which might operate this weekend.

Name:	Jay Peak Jan 5th.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	484.2 KB 
ID:	356423

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Ya think? "Excluded out of work." The fuck. First I want to meet the cube shit who wrote that and slap them up the side of the head, and, if it was written in a Colorado cube, I also want to kick him in the knee.
    Forty years of skiing, and that never happened to me, and never heard of it. I hope they were on strike. I'd commend them for doing it if it was a work action. Because that fucking company sucks. I drive 2.3 hours to stand around and hear that second hand after I just went back to my car. Not one fucking notification from the mountain through email. There were still people rolling into the parking lot, and one guy said, yeah, no notification. Fuck, they have our emails. It's basically our IDs. It would have been easy to robo email us if anybody knew what the fuck they're doing, but we have seen the pathetic level of customer service that company delivers all summer, so, no surprise. Tell us what the fuck is going on. No, I have to skulk around the internet to find the real story.

I hate this company. I wish that Covid spreads through the board room. The best thing that could happen to skiing is for them to fall into financial ruin and divest anything good, before it's to late. Fuck them.