Page 166 of 182 FirstFirst ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 4533
    damn. there used to be a rope across the falls there. and like at least a few signs. they keep taking away parking too, glad these ladies are ok (most of all) but i also hope we don’t lose access. if that trooper lost his life today it would be gone. different times.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

this seems to be easily avoidable, were they drunk?

Always remember that, people are stupid.
    It's also the other people's fault that didn't warn them that they were close to the edge.

Figured I'd throw this out here rather than start a new thread, but know anything about Corinth VT as a place to live? Typical questions, school quality, culture/community, etc?
    Live Free or Die

It looks to be about as far as you could get from 2k vertical in VT.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Figured I'd throw this out here rather than start a new thread, but know anything about Corinth VT as a place to live? Typical questions, school quality, culture/community, etc?
    There's a fair bit of good dual-sport motorcycling in the area (Class 4 roads), unless they've been shut down recently. That's all I've got.

that puts you about 20 miles or so from Thunder Road.... so, ya got that going for ya.

thunderroadvt.com

I learned to ski in East Corinth. Place is still open (Northeast Slopes).

It's rural and likely not very open to newcomers, especially nowadays with all of the people fleeing the cities. No firsthand experience but it seems like a lot of Vermont has become this way since COVID.

+1 on Thunder Road....America's Site of Excitement. And it's close to Farm Way, Vermont's version of the Kittery Trading Post.

East Coast Roll Call #??? 20-21 Covid closures and hard core touring! Be Fit or Sit

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post

+1 on Thunder Road....America's Site of Excitement. And it's close to Farm Way, Vermont's version of the Kittery Trading Post.
    I believe it is “the nation’s site of excitement”

either way it’s a bold claim
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    that puts you about 20 miles or so from Thunder Road.... so, ya got that going for ya.

thunderroadvt.com
    I grew up near this place, so this actually brings a solid level of nostalgia

https://www.starspeedwaynh.com/

I will concede "nation's site of excitement" is a better slogan than the "the place to race", so it's even better.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I believe it is “the nation’s site of excitement”

either way it’s a bold claim
    I think the highlight of my trip there was when the apparent teenager in "Run What Ya Brung" hit the wall...and then the announcer mentioned that it was his parents' car.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    My co-worker worker lives on Corinth and his wife is a cop there. Very sleep, rural town with not a whole lot going on. White River is pretty close but its also a bit of a drive from decent skiing, biking, restaurants, breweries, etc.

Rural Vermont schools can be hit or miss but our school occasionally will get transfer/school choice students from Thetford Academy or Oxbow Union HS and I haven't seen/heard of any red flags coming from that school system.

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary
    What kismet! To log in after so long to make a post and find that it's a relevant topic... piggybacking off AdironRider's post, I'm wondering if anyone knows and SoVT real estate attorneys to give my business too before I go with what google tells me.
    Thanks guys.
    -n
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

Check your pms

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Check your pms
    Thanks ALDO.
    What is the consensus on Bennington? ALDO's contact is in Londonderry but I've spent a couple seasons there in my 20's. Thinking Bennington should be a bit more lively and appealing as a second home to me and the lady in our 40's.
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

Quote Originally Posted by nihiles View Post
    Thinking Bennington should be a bit more lively and appealing as a second home to me and the lady in our 40's.
    I will reply to your on later, but in short, not really.

What are your goals for this 2nd home?

Ridiculous time to buy right now. I'd offer to sell you my place if I thought I had a chance at replacement.

I've got an attorney to handle the closing for you. Not sure what else you'd need one for up here.

What kismet! To log in after so long to make a post and find that it's a relevant topic... piggybacking off AdironRider's post, I'm wondering if anyone knows and SoVT real estate attorneys to give my business too before I go with what google tells me.
    Thanks guys.
    -n
    Check your PMs.

Thanks ALDO.
    What is the consensus on Bennington? ALDO's contact is in Londonderry but I've spent a couple seasons there in my 20's. Thinking Bennington should be a bit more lively and appealing as a second home to me and the lady in our 40's.
    I’d probably shoot for Manchester if I was looking for a place a bit more lively. Bennington is a bit rough around the edges and isn’t really all that close to the ski areas. The town does have decent to good Mtn biking, pleasant hiking trails and Prospect is a great nordic area. If you’re dead set on Bennington, try finding a place on the western edge of town like old Bennington or around Mt. Anthony. N. Bennington is another good spot but beware areas of NB have ground contamination of PFOA’s.

Thanks ALDO.
    For a ski house, Bennington would suck. A few pops at the BLT makes the drive back down there VERY long. While it was recently designated as an Appalachian Trail Community, it really has very little overlap with a 'mountain town'. Boreas is right on with concerns about PFOAs int he water, so be sure that if you go that route, you have a thorough inspection.

Thanks guys! The biggest appeal to Bennington is location, it's just under 3 hour drive. Also, this isn't meant to be a dedicated ski house but rather a place to escape for the whole extended family. I was looking at land for a long time to build a cabin on but the reality is since I'm the outdoorsy one, the rest of my family would never go there. My parents are in their 70s and are more likely to spend a week in Bennington than a cabin in the woods. My nieces and nephews are all under 6 years old so the longer the car ride the less likely it is to happen. And after a 12+hr shift, driving much more than 3 hours for me isn't happening. Those factors (and price) is what pulled my sights from Manchester down to Bennington.
    As for skiing, Stratton and Snow are close enough and since the kids are still learning it's plenty. Having the same drive south into Massachusetts for some of the old school hills is also a benefit. And when I want to go chase stoke, 2 hours to NoVT is much easier than the 5+ I've been hauling from Jersey. Getting too old for that shit and less and less co-drivers each season.

A 'few pops at the BLT'? I can't decipher what that means. It seems that investments have been made in town with the whole Putnam Project.

Thanks guys! The biggest appeal to Bennington is location, it's just under 3 hour drive. Also, this isn't meant to be a dedicated ski house but rather a place to escape for the whole extended family. I was looking at land for a long time to build a cabin on but the reality is since I'm the outdoorsy one, the rest of my family would never go there. My parents are in their 70s and are more likely to spend a week in Bennington than a cabin in the woods. My nieces and nephews are all under 6 years old so the longer the car ride the less likely it is to happen. And after a 12+hr shift, driving much more than 3 hours for me isn't happening. Those factors (and price) is what pulled my sights from Manchester down to Bennington.
    As for skiing, Stratton and Snow are close enough and since the kids are still learning it's plenty. Having the same drive south into Massachusetts for some of the old school hills is also a benefit. And when I want to go chase stoke, 2 hours to NoVT is much easier than the 5+ I've been hauling from Jersey. Getting too old for that shit and less and less co-drivers each season.

A 'few pops at the BLT'? I can't decipher what that means. It seems that investments have been made in town with the whole Putnam Project.
    As a four season house, Bennington would be a fine choice. Again, make sure to check the water.

An acquaintance opened Farm Road Brewing right at the four corners so stop in and let Seth know I sent ya.

After a day of skiing at Magic it's almost mandatory to have a beer or two at the Black Line Tavern, so the drive home can seem long. Maybe you and krp8128 can work out a carpool so each of you gets a week off.

My oh my how long it's been. I forgot the Magic Bar was called Black Line Tavern. Can it be over a decade since I've had a pop in there...?

Private Mag ski hill now priced at only $6.5mil.

I've got $37 to pitch in.

I'd be willing to bet Peruvian and I sent contact info for the same guy!

Speaking of the BLT - seems they are lining up a nice day of music on 7/10
    Anybody know anything about those bands?