Page 33 of 182 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    What’s for grip?

Who makes them?
    I think those are Altai hoks (the longer skis) and they have a skin glued into the base, iirc.

I have been trekking around on skis like that since garmont made the beluga back in tge late 90s. They are perfect for low angle pow and getting in a few quick laps in the backyard.

I have the OAC version (160 length, 110 underfoot) now and use them almost daily in winter for dog “walking”. So much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    I think those are Altai hoks (the longer skis) and they have a skin glued into the base, iirc.
    Yes, they're both Hoks.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Can anyone suggest a good bootfitter in Boston? For my future daughter in law. I'm suggesting having boots fitted this year not a great idea and maybe the shops feel the same way, but she's an adult (Boston isn't Kentucky or Afghanistan) so if she wants to do it . . .
    Pmed

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, they're a bit whacky, but they'll fill a void and something to do with the wife. We snowshoe in the Whites and I'm always jonesing to slide down even small two-three turn pockets. A little more difficult on steeper tight "ups" but way more fun on the downs than shoes

very cool. at first reading i thought you were gonna use them for waterskiing on snow behind an ATV. a snowshoe that can slarve turns is an even better
    idea.

Skied yesterday at The River...I am hopeful that the season will stay on course (and if not at least I got 1 day on the hill!)

And so it begins, when the people start coming so do the complaints

-If my car is my base lodge there should be amenities in the parking lot, wifi, food truck w/hot beverages,bathrooms, trash cans and dog poop bags were all requested by Karen yesterday in an email to our GM

I'm hopeful people will either figure out how to deal or decide that maybe this isn't the year for them

^ Selfishly hope it's the latter but the areas need the revenue so....

I've never doubted my decision to have Magic as my home mountain but shit like that cements it even solid-er.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    I'm hopeful people will either figure out how to deal or decide that maybe this isn't the year for them
    So young, so naive

And so it begins, when the people start coming so do the complaints

-If my car is my base lodge there should be amenities in the parking lot, wifi, food truck w/hot beverages,bathrooms, trash cans and dog poop bags were all requested by Karen yesterday in an email to our GM
    While most of those are nice-to-have, trash cans seem like a pretty good idea before the dog poop and trash gets overwhelming. Not to be overly pessimistic about the human race, either, but I bet dog poop isn't the only kind that shows up if people aren't feeling comfortable using the bathrooms.

For someone with over 3,500 posts, you're amazingly optimistic about tourist behavior.

The wife and I went for a short human-powered outing today so our little human could share the turns. As we were pulling skins off, still solidly on easy terrain, we were politely informed that mountain policy prohibits skiing (or riding lifts) with a small human strapped to you. I can see plenty of reasons to have such a policy, but I have to admit I hadn't thought to check to see if one existed before heading up.

Also, the "Barker lot full" sign was out by the time we got there around 9:30, and the roadside parking was well below the garage. If that's what a weekday looks like, weekends are gonna be interesting. I suspect it's going to be rather crowded for a while, at least until the "skiing means sitting at the bar" crowd and the less-committed families realize how much of a PITA this year's lodge restrictions are.

^^Trash cans were probably the only good suggestion that woman had, the ops team had discussed it already and will most likely re-visit. Originally the idea was nixed based on how problematic they'll be during snow removal. We're going into the season with open minds about what changes may need to be made, free wifi and hot cocoa in the lot won't make the cut.

Don't let my optimism fool you, I'm in sales. I hate people

Fuck Karen’s that need WiFi and bring their dogs to ski areas.

Not sure if this should be labeled a fast grass day or pow rocking day!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	89EDA849-D2E3-4F87-8DB3-648A1096488B.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	818.8 KB 
ID:	349734Click image for larger version. 

Name:	55068446-F2BB-431C-AF7F-340540175D02.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	537.7 KB 
ID:	349735

Reserved for Friday and Saturday at Stowe. Got close to 6" at the house so far at 1500' elevation. May have to hike Sterling tomorrow early AM for 1st lap(s) of the season.
    Silent....but shredly.

Happy Thanksgiving Ya Smelly Hippies!!

Ski has out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeghoul View Post
    Reserved for Friday and Saturday at Stowe. Got close to 6" at the house so far at 1500' elevation. May have to hike Sterling tomorrow early AM for 1st lap(s) of the season.
    The weather doesn’t bode well for the AM and there’s 0 base so any rain, wind, or warmth is going to schralp the life out of your planks. I think today was the last day until the next snow storm for earning turns, but the groomers might be fun.

Temp jumped from 30º at 4:30 > 37º at 5:30 here, melting has commenced.

Boreas, full pow rocking if you had cropped that grass turn out of the first pic , solid rhythm in your turns

Karen needs to leave the dog at home and ski, then she won't need wifi or bags.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

No, bring the dogs. I get my pup fix when i go skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post

most definitely pow turns.
    stoke production factor high!

i won't post a cam pic of the frosted grass i was imagining skiing the other day.

good biking weather coming up friday. will suffice for now.

funny after so many years of tailgating all season i'd think more folks would appreciate that ritual in lieu of crowded base lodges and $15 burgers.

take a lap...all you tourists!

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post

Nice!
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Karen needs to leave the dog at home and ski, then she won't need wifi or bags.
    This Karen was a non skiing Mom that drove her kids to the hill and probably hangs in the lodge while the kids ski. Dogs aren't allowed in the lodge anyways so not sure what her point is with the bags. I've got a dog, I plan for picking up turds.

Kudos to her for driving them up but she’s going to have to learn to deal or bail.

So that was day 2

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by ticketchecker; 11-26-2020 at 08:07 AM.

People suck. I hope most find skiing unenjoyable this year and take up pond hockey.... and the ice breaks and they all fall in.

Karen has it pretty tough this year, she is realizing that after years of helicopter parenting its undoable this year and she has absolutely zero reason to be at the mtn other then to wipe Johnny’s nose. It’s ok Karen, you’ll find a new hobby!

This got me thinking.... I bet there are gonna be a lot of bored Karen snow bunnies in the parking lot. Good for weed sales and sex.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Despite the effed-up year that appears to be looming, we still have a lot to be thankful for.

If you're a vet (or not), please check out this thread:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...unded-Warriors

Stay safe and I hope to be able to link up this ski season with the many friends I've made through this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    This got me thinking.... I bet there are gonna be a lot of bored Karen snow bunnies in the parking lot. Good for weed sales and sex.
    That's a good way to catch the 'vid bro.

+1 on the pow turn stoke.

Fluffy few inches in town yestderday.
    Saw some snowskaters & xcers taking advantage at the park during a run.
    All starting to melt now
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    No, bring the dogs. I get my pup fix when i go skiing.

Bleh, keep your filthy, unruly mutts at home where they belong.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 8.22.39 AM.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	532.3 KB 
ID:	349847

Steady 32º w/no wind or rain currently bob, apparently an inversion is upon us.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I had my Karen moment Friday- Stratton sent me an email encouraging us to “sign up now...” for seasonal programs; I sent an email & then had a follow up conversation w/ Mtn management. Embedded in the email was programs start pushed back to
    Mid December & no opening date available.

We’ve already signed up in the spring, have a parking space, family passes, team jackets, early morning access passes.....

JFC- Jiminy Peak is open, K is open, Stowe/Mt Snow/Okemo have figured it the f%ck out, but Alterra/Ikon can’t get their crap in gear?! It was 23 degrees this week & they were not blowing snow.

Sugarbush (other VT Ikon / Alterra resort that we could hit) is also now saying 12/3 for possible opening?!

Feels like big “I con-artist” brother is just tossing it in.......

Rant over.