Page 117 of 182 FirstFirst ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 4533
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    How'd it turn out for NJ Dave? Did he implode and go back to NJ?

Got no problems with vt freeheel...

Eta: can I grip about EC ski sizing here while I'm at it?

The local Shops are trying to put my 6'1" 200lbs friend on a 177cm kenjo volkl. I'm recommending he doesn't ski anything shorter then a 182-185cm.
    Why you guys ski such short skis?
    Unless it's a slalom ski the Shortest ski I've ever owned was a k2 public enemy 179 for park.

Am I off-base and should embrace a shorter ski life or stick to my guns?
    In full agreement based on buddies skill level. Say if he checked level II skier I could see a 177. Personally I don't ski much under 185.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

How'd it turn out for NJ Dave? Did he implode and go back to NJ?

Got no problems with vt freeheel...

Eta: can I grip about EC ski sizing here while I'm at it?

The local Shops are trying to put my 6'1" 200lbs friend on a 177cm kenjo volkl. I'm recommending he doesn't ski anything shorter then a 182-185cm.
    Unless it's a slalom ski the Shortest ski I've ever owned was a k2 public enemy 179 for park.

177 c’mon, Raxski Rocker 90cm.

QUELLESAP!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1471.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	364401

Name:	IMG_1055.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	364402

Name:	IMG_1476.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	364403

Name:	IMG_1446.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	364404
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

East Coast Roll Call #??? 20-21 Covid closures and hard core touring! Be Fit or Sit

I enjoy the Bush Kook report. VT-f has advanced Kook radar.
    Snowing hard still, last hour of the ski day was mega-choice. Half a foot of medium density was perfect for what we need right now. Might be close to ten inches when this wraps up.
    Dude should look this years B97 Bonifide in a 183. I’m not a fan of the Kendo or the Mantra
    crab in my shoe mouth

Every skier has ditch dived! The true skier laughs when it happens, skins up and calls for the tow at 3pm for a ride home.

Deepest 1-3" I've ever experienced on the drive home tonight..... tomorrow ought to be nice.

Hell of a sleeper day skiing trees at Bolton today. Crust is on the way out and the 6-8 inch refresher sure helped. Snow hard when I left.

Name:	Image1614036659.946850.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	364418

Name:	Image1614036677.070205.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	364419

Name:	Image1614036695.112445.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	364420

MRG on tap for tomorrow before the warm up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I think skiers can be too tribal and judgy, myself included. So someone is a kook. Maybe they are learning, no one was born an expert. Maybe they forgot their pack or ski pants and are skiing in jeans with a shopping bag.
    Jerry of the day. It's funny.
    But needs balance or one can just be a judgy elitist prick.
    The kook with the shopping bag is one thing. The guy fighting is a DB.

Skiing is fun. But sometimes it's more fun. Sometimes it's ridiculously fun.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

East Coast Roll Call #??? 20-21 Covid closures and hard core touring! Be Fit or Sit

MPPG - 184 not in stock?

Nicely done, ml!

Careful there, Hank. Bolton put the kibosh on open containers in the parking lot a few weeks ago. Don’t want to get your pass pulled. 🤪

Around here it was Joey before Jerry of the Day.
    I have had my own moments, this week. Saturday I was on Sugarbear Road almost on Hotshot heading to Bravo and realized my right Techton had shifted to tour and my foot was pivoting on the ski. Before I could collect myself and stop the ski popped off and I hit the deck in a cloud of snow. 10yo boy asks if I'm ok, "yep" and a maintenance worker 30' away standing by a snowmo said "impressive". I just reset my shit and headed to the lift, not sure if any of the go pros caught it.

Yesterday came in hot for a stream crossing and got 20' across a fallen log but ended up about 5' short of the end. Hooked my poles behind a 1 1/2" "tree" and tried to pull myself up the slight grade to get across. Poles came undone and I weighted my right ski which broke off the top layer and I pitched over 5' submerging myself in the snow. Almost 5 minutes to get my skis free from the snow and released from my feet, pick myself up and click beck in. Once out I shook off, looked back and thought "almost".

I'll be out tomorrow looking for and avoiding Jerry moments.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I ski with Jerry all the time. Uncle Al too...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1312604F-185F-4F67-83BE-5F1AF7D98A15.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	520.9 KB 
ID:	364426  

We usually only ski Okemo early season, so today was the first time there for a mid-season day for us. I was glad to see the place empty out once the snow started to fly. The groomers were nice and creamy, and the bumps were softer late in the day. There is definitely some fun looking stuff that wasn’t open today that we’d like to check out.

The kid found a little feature in Jackson Gore.

The bumps under the solitude chair were worthy of a few late-day laps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I'll always be a shop guy, so yeah. Butt hurt much? You sure can dish shit, but you're pretty shallow on taking it.
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Nah man, don’t even bother trying to apologize. I don’t give two fucks about you or your wife getting the shot. Why would you care about a lowly ski shop employee getting it? You’re a fucking tool.
    I'll step into the ring here because I don't give a shit if you both tell me to fuck off, I guarantee if the two of you ever got on the slopes and or bikes together you'd stop pissing at each other. Not had the pleasure of meeting Buttah yet but enough people we both consider friends tell me he's good people and I know full well Straw is so snap out of it boys.

ML, winning!

Name:	IMG_1105.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	438.5 KB 
ID:	364433

ML twig stoke. He’s in there I swear.

Good day riding culturally inappropriately named runs on stolen land! Yewww 🤙🏼
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    MPPG - 184 not in stock?

Nicely done, ml!

Careful there, Hank. Bolton put the kibosh on open containers in the parking lot a few weeks ago. Don’t want to get your pass pulled. 🤪
    Nope. And that's what i told him... "They're just trying to unload their short skis

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

...The local Shops are trying to put my 6'1" 200lbs friend on a 177cm kendo... I'm recommending he doesn't ski anything shorter...

Am I off-base and should embrace a shorter ski life...
    Not @ 200#. What's the rest of his quiver look like? Can he ski in a closet on 180'?

I've been looking for hand me downs since I got behind yours.

Gonna see to it ur properly buried in jorts, a flowing wig and some kendo's
    ​I am not in your hurry

Name:	C83DC1D0-ADEB-4F7F-92DB-1EE5E02A9356.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	611.1 KB 
ID:	364451Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A48A42E5-E3D2-4FBF-97DE-0C651FC3E354.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	740.4 KB 
ID:	364450Click image for larger version. 

Name:	93C0CA7D-FD72-4FAD-BFDD-B08ACD8A0816.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	535.9 KB 
ID:	364444Attachment 364445Attachment 364446

a day of firsts.
    first time skiing in the 'daks or a NYS-run area in over 10 years
    first time driving north to ski in my 20-21 campaign.
    first time at gore

late arrival but brought the snowl with me

lots of nice untracked terrain under the lifts...do they ever open it? much of it looks MRG-like - but without skiers.

was dumping hard by *my* first chair.
    snow bonded well with the fast and firm surfaces
    the effect was for silky turns on shallow fresh cover.
    no signs of crust at day's end.
    Last edited by buckethead; 02-23-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

I remember being 10-11 at bromley and Stratton yelling “hey Joey” off the lift. I believe within a few weeks we had then been rebranded to the locals from the bromley outing club to “bromleys obnoxious children”.

Best was when one such Joey was mired in a snow bank under the lift and we yelled. He responded “hey you little dipshits quit being dumbasses”. We introduced ourselves in lift lines as “dipshit mcgee from dumbass-kus, alaskus.”

Man did people hate us. I don’t know why racer kids get such a bad name..... never mind I completely understand.

I have an older Kendo in a 179 and would be fine with a 177 but I’m only 5’7 145#. I’d look for a different shop.

saturday, a guy comes into the lift area at magic a touch hot. pow skis, backpack, ski the east sticker on the helmet; he's definitely one of you. hooks an edge and crashes into our feet, under the rope-line and tried to get up to no avail. we gave him a hand, he skied off without a thank you and got on the green chair. good shit.

Was he on 177's?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I have had my own moments, this week. Saturday I was on Sugarbear Road almost on Hotshot heading to Bravo and realized my right Techton had shifted to tour and my foot was pivoting on the ski. Before I could collect myself and stop the ski popped off and I hit the deck in a cloud of snow. 10yo boy asks if I'm ok, "yep" and a maintenance worker 30' away standing by a snowmo said "impressive". I just reset my shit and headed to the lift, not sure if any of the go pros caught it.

Yesterday came in hot for a stream crossing and got 20' across a fallen log but ended up about 5' short of the end. Hooked my poles behind a 1 1/2" "tree" and tried to pull myself up the slight grade to get across. Poles came undone and I weighted my right ski which broke off the top layer and I pitched over 5' submerging myself in the snow. Almost 5 minutes to get my skis free from the snow and released from my feet, pick myself up and click beck in. Once out I shook off, looked back and thought "almost".

Haha! The other day the claw on my Lynx came undone just as I was popping off the bump at the top of birdland. Went airborne with a floppy ski and crashed spectacularly.

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    You sound like NJ Dave
    I think by now we all know that you are the the guy that scream’s get off my lawn the loudest and just my opinion, it’s getting old.
    Ski your secret Lines and drink your IPA’s
    You seem to have built a great life for yourself but spending your time taking pictures of Subaru’s with out of state plates stuck in a ditch or people not as hip as you trying to enjoy being outside may be funny to the 6 other people on this forum but again that’s how Dave started and look how it turned out for him.
    I wouldn't get too judgemental if you've never met VT-free IRL...trending toward sounding like NJ Dave

Eta: can I gripe about EC ski sizing here while I'm at it?

For me, it's the trees. I was on 185's, 184's and 183's but they were a bitch in some of the more secret stashes. I'm back on 177's, 179's, and 180's that are probably really 178's (Elan Ripstick 96) and life is good again. Of course I suck and only weigh 185.

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    I didn’t realize you were monitoring my posts so closely. So I would say Dave and later on you can track this.
    Or you can go out and enjoy all of beautiful snow in your state. Before all of the flat landers do.
    Sounding more like NJ Dave with every post. C'mon man, stop this. If you have followed Peruvian's and Laps' posts this year you know that, in fact, he skis more pow than 99% of us interweb warriors

Coupla weeks back, in a secret spot that Peruvian showed me...top of the BC drainage was completely closed out by bent over branches frozen into the base. Came around what looked like a big rock from above to find it was a hudge fallen pine tree with punjee sticks pointing downhill. Caught a ski on one of them and it ripped off. Took another to the shoulder (thankfully no puncture) and lodged my remaining ski under yet another. Good thing non-mag Bill H was behind and helped rescue me. Still took 10 minutes to extricate meself from the deep snow and the pine branches.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I think skiers can be too tribal and judgy, myself included. So someone is a kook. Maybe they are learning, no one was born an expert. Maybe they forgot their pack or ski pants and are skiing in jeans with a shopping bag.
    Jerry of the day. It's funny.
    But needs balance or one can just be a judgy elitist prick.
    The kook with the shopping bag is one thing. The guy fighting is a DB.

Skiing is fun. But sometimes it's more fun. Sometimes it's ridiculously fun.
    I forgot how fun the ECRC is. I can see myself sticking around until spring. It's like Mr. Woodcock's gym class in here. Tunaboy getting all up in Vt-Free's shit, and Jackstraw vs. Buttah. I enjoy the judgy stuff too.

I'll get my friend to take some more chairlift sticker pictures. I'll make sure he gets some new ones though.

As far as the 177 vs 184 fight goes, it sometimes boils down to what fits in the car the best.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Sweet, more insipid repartee to look forward to and Saddleback joins Indy
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime