Page 6 of 182 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Agreed...yeah,..no idea where they get the 590 cases number from?....its coming from medical professionals on a much higher pay scale than me.... (who am I to question that/them?...I’m just a peasant...lol...so I’ll have to accept it)

Local news reports nightly Covid numbers in each county and Pike County is 0-1 new cases more days than not for the past 8 months... so 590 seems high/but what do I know?

All I/we can do is follow VT restrictions because it’s the right thing to do......and hope for better days.
    It’s based on the maths and population size. So like some have said, a small population and you’re hosed. 1 case in a population of 100 = 10000 cases per million people. Though vt is using an algorithm so it’s not quite that straight forward.

So if the map says 590 per million with a pop of 55 k, that’s like 35 cases

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    You don’t become the state with the lowest infection rate by not following the guidelines.
    guy I know said it best: "Vermonters generally hate hanging out with other people to begin with, so it's been easy for us all to keep our distance"
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    In all seriousness, you’ve chosen to live where you wanted and now everyone wants in because it’s idyllic AND low cases. Kinda bullshit. Don’t blame all of you for grabbing the torches.
    It's not a bout grabbing the torches- our family may not ski this season bc of all the assholes who can't follow the rules & place their bullshit above everyone else....... sure the restrictions are a bitch, but its BECAUSE OF YOUR BEHAVIORS that you're living in the Red & not ours.

Not trying to Benny up this thread, but as a genuine devils advocate:

Has everyone that’s traveled from VT to insert state name also followed proper quarantine protocol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Mrs. is required to take surveys at work and report any travel. A couple of friends won’t let their college kid come home (not that I agree with that) because she’d have to quarantine and they feel it’s too risky for their jobs. They don’t want to be that guy. They can’t be the only ones

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Here in Burlington, I’d guess 90+% of people are wearing masks, even when walking outside alone. That includes students (who may be the strictest adherents). Larger stores like OGE have greeters that ask about out of state travel before allowing entrance. In many small towns, stores/shops required masks and even had sanitizer as a requirement to enter.
    I actually hit up OGE last weekend and saw a lotta out of state plates while walking around town. kudos to the shops and greeters for asking about out of state travel, but I highly doubt these people are all being honest about adhering to the guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    It’s based on the maths and population size. So like some have said, a small population and you’re hosed. 1 case in a population of 100 = 10000 cases per million people. Though vt is using an algorithm so it’s not quite that straight forward.

So if the map says 590 per million with a pop of 55 k, that’s like 35 cases
    That explains it....needed some help with da math...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    A couple of friends won’t let their college kid come home
    I'm well past my college days but similarly, my work just sent out a company-wide email asking staff to reconsider their holiday travel plans for thanksgiving/christmas. really sucks to hear from the corporate overlords that you shouldn't go see your family, but perhaps for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Boosh View Post
    I'm well past my college days but similarly, my work just sent out a company-wide email asking staff to reconsider their holiday travel plans for thanksgiving/christmas. really sucks to hear from the corporate overlords that you shouldn't go see your family, but perhaps for the best.
    Our superintendent and teacher union has asked us not to leave the state or have out of state family come visit for the holidays. Definitely get that overlord vibe from that but COVID rippling through 800+ students and staff would be truly terrible and would surely shut down our school for months.

We had an outbreak in Montpelier that was traced back to one guy who went to NH for a few hours for a hockey game. That's all it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    It's not a bout grabbing the torches- our family may not ski this season bc of all the assholes who can't follow the rules & place their bullshit above everyone else....... sure the restrictions are a bitch, but its BECAUSE OF YOUR BEHAVIORS that you're living in the Red & not ours.
    I thought I was being sympathetic to people living in VT and mountain towns in general. I’ve always been an outsider as far as that goes but have also always tried to be respectful to the people that live full time in these places. Im genuinely envious.

I’m not sure what you’re saying about behavior. Is that a hypothetical “behavior” of outsiders not following the rules? If so, I appreciate that everyone should follow the rules for the benefit of all. That’s why I pointed out that it’s wrong no matter who is doing it and where.

Sucks that your kids and family may not get to ski this year. Shitty situation in general.

Burlington has been pretty good. Really surprised at the mask use when I have to drive through campus or downtown. Let's see how long they can keep it up.

Sounds like it loose at Champlain College now. 8 cases in the past 2 days going remote for a bit. Glad the Mrs said no to allowing a student teacher in her classroom this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Burlington has been pretty good. Really surprised at the mask use when I have to drive through campus or downtown. Let's see how long they can keep it up.

Sounds like it loose at Champlain College now. 8 cases in the past 2 days going remote for a bit. Glad the Mrs said no to allowing a student teacher in her classroom this year.
    If we can just get through Thanksgiving, then the students all leave and won't be back for about 2 months.

I thought I was being sympathetic to people living in VT and mountain towns in general. I’ve always been an outsider as far as that goes but have also always tried to be respectful to the people that live full time in these places. Im genuinely envious.

I’m not sure what you’re saying about behavior. Is that a hypothetical “behavior” of outsiders not following the rules? If so, I appreciate that everyone should follow the rules for the benefit of all. That’s why I pointed out that it’s wrong no matter who is doing it and where.

Sucks that your kids and family may not get to ski this year. Shitty situation in general.

That was not intentionally directed at you, ppl just think Vermonters are being CraCra bc we don't want the bubble breached. I have no doubt that I can skin & keep distant, but with 2 young kids who may not understand to avoid ppl/lodge & both wife & I in healthcare, its not fair to our patients to place them at risk bc Joey Jersey doesn't want to follow the rules.

Real smart to put up blockades to your winter customers. You think the mountains are going to spin a lot of lifts and make snow and groom for Vermonters? Dream on.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Real smart to put up blockades to your winter customers. You think the mountains are going to spin a lot of lifts and make snow and groom for Vermonters? Dream on.
    I’d rather keep the at-risk alive than ski perfectly groomed trails every day. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Once again Benny, ur off the mark - some things like not infecting ppl unnecessarily are more critical than if a few bro skiers can visit this season. Vermont will be just fine. Should a mtn close, the assets will be sold & reabsorbed. Those of us locals will still be 'earning our turns'.

Those of us locals will still be 'earning our turns'.
    How long does one need to be a resident of VT to self identify as a local?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I’m starting to feel unwelcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    How long does one need to be a resident of VT to self identify as a local?
    As soon as your primary residence is in the 802

Noted.

I know a couple people with second homes who have green plates on their cars. Should I out them?

It can’t hurt with getting yourself identified as a VT’er from the locals

Worked in the Germany Reich. Again,

And Benny, read the room, errr ah sub forum. My god, man.

It can’t hurt with getting yourself identified as a VT’er from the locals

Worked in the Germany Reich. Again,
    Are you suggesting I will be required to wear an arm band with an NJ on it when visiting?

That may be correct for self-identification, but as far as the old timers are concerned, you're not from there as long as anyone in town can remember when you or your family moved to town.

You don't call them cookies just because a cat has kittens in the oven.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Noted.

I know a couple people with second homes who have green plates on their cars. Should I out them?
    Not at all, you come up here (follow the rulez) & join the community! Many of us are grateful for the increased diversity & new mindsets coming the the state.

Are you suggesting I will be required to wear an arm band with an NJ on it when visiting?
    Or a tall t