Page 6 of 124 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 3099
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Agreed...yeah,..no idea where they get the 590 cases number from?....its coming from medical professionals on a much higher pay scale than me.... (who am I to question that/them?...Iím just a peasant...lol...so Iíll have to accept it)

    Local news reports nightly Covid numbers in each county and Pike County is 0-1 new cases more days than not for the past 8 months... so 590 seems high/but what do I know?

    All I/we can do is follow VT restrictions because itís the right thing to do......and hope for better days.
    Itís based on the maths and population size. So like some have said, a small population and youíre hosed. 1 case in a population of 100 = 10000 cases per million people. Though vt is using an algorithm so itís not quite that straight forward.

    So if the map says 590 per million with a pop of 55 k, thatís like 35 cases

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    the Dog Patch
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    You donít become the state with the lowest infection rate by not following the guidelines.
    guy I know said it best: "Vermonters generally hate hanging out with other people to begin with, so it's been easy for us all to keep our distance"
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    In all seriousness, youíve chosen to live where you wanted and now everyone wants in because itís idyllic AND low cases. Kinda bullshit. Donít blame all of you for grabbing the torches.
    It's not a bout grabbing the torches- our family may not ski this season bc of all the assholes who can't follow the rules & place their bullshit above everyone else....... sure the restrictions are a bitch, but its BECAUSE OF YOUR BEHAVIORS that you're living in the Red & not ours.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Not trying to Benny up this thread, but as a genuine devils advocate:

    Has everyone thatís traveled from VT to insert state name also followed proper quarantine protocol?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Mrs. is required to take surveys at work and report any travel. A couple of friends wonít let their college kid come home (not that I agree with that) because sheíd have to quarantine and they feel itís too risky for their jobs. They donít want to be that guy. They canít be the only ones

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    the Dog Patch
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Here in Burlington, Iíd guess 90+% of people are wearing masks, even when walking outside alone. That includes students (who may be the strictest adherents). Larger stores like OGE have greeters that ask about out of state travel before allowing entrance. In many small towns, stores/shops required masks and even had sanitizer as a requirement to enter.
    I actually hit up OGE last weekend and saw a lotta out of state plates while walking around town. kudos to the shops and greeters for asking about out of state travel, but I highly doubt these people are all being honest about adhering to the guidelines
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    Itís based on the maths and population size. So like some have said, a small population and youíre hosed. 1 case in a population of 100 = 10000 cases per million people. Though vt is using an algorithm so itís not quite that straight forward.

    So if the map says 590 per million with a pop of 55 k, thatís like 35 cases
    That explains it....needed some help with da math...lol.

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    the Dog Patch
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    A couple of friends wonít let their college kid come home
    I'm well past my college days but similarly, my work just sent out a company-wide email asking staff to reconsider their holiday travel plans for thanksgiving/christmas. really sucks to hear from the corporate overlords that you shouldn't go see your family, but perhaps for the best.
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosh View Post
    I'm well past my college days but similarly, my work just sent out a company-wide email asking staff to reconsider their holiday travel plans for thanksgiving/christmas. really sucks to hear from the corporate overlords that you shouldn't go see your family, but perhaps for the best.
    Our superintendent and teacher union has asked us not to leave the state or have out of state family come visit for the holidays. Definitely get that overlord vibe from that but COVID rippling through 800+ students and staff would be truly terrible and would surely shut down our school for months.

    We had an outbreak in Montpelier that was traced back to one guy who went to NH for a few hours for a hockey game. That's all it takes.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    It's not a bout grabbing the torches- our family may not ski this season bc of all the assholes who can't follow the rules & place their bullshit above everyone else....... sure the restrictions are a bitch, but its BECAUSE OF YOUR BEHAVIORS that you're living in the Red & not ours.
    I thought I was being sympathetic to people living in VT and mountain towns in general. Iíve always been an outsider as far as that goes but have also always tried to be respectful to the people that live full time in these places. Im genuinely envious.

    Iím not sure what youíre saying about behavior. Is that a hypothetical ďbehaviorĒ of outsiders not following the rules? If so, I appreciate that everyone should follow the rules for the benefit of all. Thatís why I pointed out that itís wrong no matter who is doing it and where.

    Sucks that your kids and family may not get to ski this year. Shitty situation in general.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    824
    Burlington has been pretty good. Really surprised at the mask use when I have to drive through campus or downtown. Let's see how long they can keep it up.

    Sounds like it loose at Champlain College now. 8 cases in the past 2 days going remote for a bit. Glad the Mrs said no to allowing a student teacher in her classroom this year.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    7,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Burlington has been pretty good. Really surprised at the mask use when I have to drive through campus or downtown. Let's see how long they can keep it up.

    Sounds like it loose at Champlain College now. 8 cases in the past 2 days going remote for a bit. Glad the Mrs said no to allowing a student teacher in her classroom this year.
    If we can just get through Thanksgiving, then the students all leave and won't be back for about 2 months.

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    I thought I was being sympathetic to people living in VT and mountain towns in general. I’ve always been an outsider as far as that goes but have also always tried to be respectful to the people that live full time in these places. Im genuinely envious.

    I’m not sure what you’re saying about behavior. Is that a hypothetical “behavior” of outsiders not following the rules? If so, I appreciate that everyone should follow the rules for the benefit of all. That’s why I pointed out that it’s wrong no matter who is doing it and where.

    Sucks that your kids and family may not get to ski this year. Shitty situation in general.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was not intentionally directed at you, ppl just think Vermonters are being CraCra bc we don't want the bubble breached. I have no doubt that I can skin & keep distant, but with 2 young kids who may not understand to avoid ppl/lodge & both wife & I in healthcare, its not fair to our patients to place them at risk bc Joey Jersey doesn't want to follow the rules.

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    45,696
    Real smart to put up blockades to your winter customers. You think the mountains are going to spin a lot of lifts and make snow and groom for Vermonters? Dream on.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Real smart to put up blockades to your winter customers. You think the mountains are going to spin a lot of lifts and make snow and groom for Vermonters? Dream on.
    Iíd rather keep the at-risk alive than ski perfectly groomed trails every day. YMMV

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Real smart to put up blockades to your winter customers. You think the mountains are going to spin a lot of lifts and make snow and groom for Vermonters? Dream on.
    Once again Benny, ur off the mark - some things like not infecting ppl unnecessarily are more critical than if a few bro skiers can visit this season. Vermont will be just fine. Should a mtn close, the assets will be sold & reabsorbed. Those of us locals will still be 'earning our turns'.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,376
    Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Those of us locals will still be 'earning our turns'.
    How long does one need to be a resident of VT to self identify as a local?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,022
    Iím starting to feel unwelcome.

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    How long does one need to be a resident of VT to self identify as a local?
    As soon as your primary residence is in the 802

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,376
    Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    As soon as your primary residence is in the 802
    Noted.

    I know a couple people with second homes who have green plates on their cars. Should I out them?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,943
    It canít hurt with getting yourself identified as a VTíer from the locals

    Worked in the Germany Reich. Again,


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,943
    And Benny, read the room, errr ah sub forum. My god, man.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,376
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    It can’t hurt with getting yourself identified as a VT’er from the locals

    Worked in the Germany Reich. Again,
    Are you suggesting I will be required to wear an arm band with an NJ on it when visiting?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bethel, Maine
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    As soon as your primary residence is in the 802
    That may be correct for self-identification, but as far as the old timers are concerned, you're not from there as long as anyone in town can remember when you or your family moved to town.

    You don't call them cookies just because a cat has kittens in the oven.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Noted.

    I know a couple people with second homes who have green plates on their cars. Should I out them?
    Not at all, you come up here (follow the rulez) & join the community! Many of us are grateful for the increased diversity & new mindsets coming the the state.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Are you suggesting I will be required to wear an arm band with an NJ on it when visiting?
    Or a tall t


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •