Page 42 of 182 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 4533
    Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    ^^ car-banas, baby!

cabanas seem like a nice idea in concept but then it's one more set of places an 'essential' worker must disinfect daily. and those who use them might wonder how clean they are.

for those of us really into the *skiing* the required sacrifices are just a 'welcome to my world' but again, ski areas don't pay the bills with that demographic.

close the bar, beers in the car.
    families are going to be camped out in those things so there will be lines of people waiting, crowding, creating a culture of doing shit at the base lodge, and the cabana- unless detailed right, is basically an indoor space, and yes, more for the people working to deal with and putting them (again) at risk. bathrooms only i say- but i am not in charge and i don't have to try and turn a profit.

Opening day at Whiteface today. Cold rain, wind and can’t see more than 50 feet. Sounds amazing, but I’ll pass. Good day to jump on the bike trainer and get some shit done around the house.

Quote Originally Posted by lemmycaution View Post
    How do you prove if you home quarantined to someone at Smuggs? By signing a waiver? read: meaningless. All these half and symbolic measures are making shit so ineffective and complicated. I just deleted a long rant but IMO- borders should be open, they should fully close all indoor services, people should wear fucking masks, and its ski and ski only. But good luck on any of that happening.
    Agreed on the waiver and I didn't get any detail on their plan for procedures but I was told they have already started enforcing it with guests even though lifts aren't spinning yet. I don't agree with all the mandates but the state clearly has a plan they think is effective in limiting the spread in an attempt to avoid another lockdown so hopefully, everyone respects the restrictions like them or not. The alternative is everything gets shut down, I hope I am wrong but I think that is a 50/50 chance by mid January.

Quote Originally Posted by lemmycaution View Post
    ...and fuck cabanas too
    A fuck cabana sounds great! I think they have those in Reno. But you have to wear a hedgehog mask.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

A sure sign of a really weird storm system is the extensive posting here re WaWachusett.
    In an attempt to get out the word about possible dawn patrol changes (mainly just a fee system), I started a Google Group:
    https://groups.google.com/g/wawaskin
    (If any problems requesting approving at the Google group, then just send me your email address and I'll add it manually.)
    Also addresses the prominent Closed signs at the base.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    A sure sign of a really weird storm system is the extensive posting here re WaWachusett.
    In an attempt to get out the word about possible dawn patrol changes (mainly just a fee system), I started a Google Group:
    https://groups.google.com/g/wawaskin
    (If any problems requesting approving at the Google group, then just send me your email address and I'll add it manually.)
    Also addresses the prominent Closed signs at the base.
    JS - Do you have an updated list of the various uphill policies at the various NE resorts for 2020/21? It would be great to share far and wide to help stop the blather floating around the innerwebs.

Someone posted this on FB:
    https://www.skinh.com/about-us/uphil...VJALBSWtFAHoPQ

https://www.splitboardvt.com/resort-...w27qIdv4YDh5FA

But agree that it would be good to have a guide book of sorts for the Northeast and the policies (every changing I’m sure). There are some others not on the list like Pat’s Peak which I do think you can skin at anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by scottski63 View Post
    Attachment 351157 I’m not a Grateful Deal fan but one of my Facebook friends is giving away cassettes
    I’d go with that 7/13/84 show if I had to pick one. 19 minute Dark Star encore. Scarlet>Touch>Fire, fuck yes.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Agreed on the waiver and I didn't get any detail on their plan for procedures but I was told they have already started enforcing it with guests even though lifts aren't spinning yet. I don't agree with all the mandates but the state clearly has a plan they think is effective in limiting the spread in an attempt to avoid another lockdown so hopefully, everyone respects the restrictions like them or not. The alternative is everything gets shut down, I hope I am wrong but I think that is a 50/50 chance by mid January.
    The holidays will be the true spread test.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

The cabanas are a nice touch, but it risks creating more elitism in skiing than we already have.

What would be nice if ‘Bush offered them for free to essential workers families for the weekend on a lottery system.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    JS - Do you have an updated list of the various uphill policies at the various NE resorts for 2020/21? It would be great to share far and wide to help stop the blather floating around the innerwebs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee View Post
    Someone posted this on FB:
    https://www.skinh.com/about-us/uphil...VJALBSWtFAHoPQ

https://www.splitboardvt.com/resort-...w27qIdv4YDh5FA

But agree that it would be good to have a guide book of sorts for the Northeast and the policies (every changing I’m sure). There are some others not on the list like Pat’s Peak which I do think you can skin at anytime.
    I used to maintain such a list for USSMA.
    But became pointless once you could instantly find out the latest policy by searching on [Resort Name] Uphill Policy.
    So the list just became an exercise in frustration, constantly updating outdated links.
    This though is a lot of fun for keeping track of the latest changes:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/668452657025213
    ... especially the utterly nonsensical ones.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    You might be able to stay in your bubble, but what happens if your car breaks down, hit black ice and smack a tree, come upon another accident, slip on ice walking to the lift, have a heart attack, etc.? Sure you might be Covid free but all the people you encounter in the unforeseen problems might have Covid and then you possibly become the spreader, this is one reason why the CDC is recommending to avoid travel.
    Honestly, if we could limit possible spread to those scenarios i think we'd have essentially no covid anymore. I doubt there is data, but I would guess there is very little if any transmission occurring these days due to such incidents. But of course it's not a 0% chance (although if victims and responders have followed the guidelines before the accident then it more or less should be).

But I was thinking about all of this generally and realized that it is unrealistic to think that all these people gathering at ski areas are just going to ski. For me it's not a big deal (my routine used to be day trip up in the am, head back directly from the parking lot), but obviously a lot of people really like all the apres stuff, and if they can't separate skiing from the rest of it then we're screwed (would help if VT or wherever didn't make the other stuff available, but I know there's a lot of money that incentivizes places to continue offering things that might cause spread).
    [quote][//quote]

WaWas gettin’ slammed so no need for MA folks to come to VT.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    The holidays will be the true spread test.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    ...to say nothing of the 'spike-within-a-spike' holiday event that is yet to present.

Rain on the coast, dumping snow in the middle and still raining here on the north side.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Yeah it’s a weird one

I've already deferred my pass at Magique to next year. There's no way I could abide by the guidelines. Won't be that guy.
    Here's to hoping for country club conditions for days for the locally situated folks.

Quote Originally Posted by scottski63 View Post
    Attachment 351157 I’m not a Grateful Deal fan but one of my Facebook friends is giving away cassettes
    That's a nice little starter kit! I'll take that 11/2/77 Seneca College show ! I wore that one out, as a matter of fact I think I recall the day my tape deck spit that one out like a pasta machine!

Here's pulling for the father in law PRS !

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    WaWas gettin’ slammed so no need for MA folks to come to VT.
    Yes it is

https://www.wachusett.com/The-Mounta.../Web-Cams.aspx

New bush food option, pass

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201205_110626.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	351290

rfid entry gate

Name:	20201205_110710.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	351295

winhold today

Name:	20201205_131350.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	351296

kookacabana

Name:	20201205_111435.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	351297

meh

Name:	20201205_111232.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	351298

Basic math shows the back wall is approx 53". No power or lighting that I could see. Says capacity of 8. midgets? Table would sit a crowded 6. Didn't see the cooler they provide fro your food. Schlage wifi code locks on door. They said one party per cabin daily, can't wait to see the people who rent. Should be out of their serving area, so byob possible?

Name:	20201205_111331.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	865.4 KB 
ID:	351299
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Opening day at Whiteface today. Cold rain, wind and can’t see more than 50 feet. Sounds amazing, but I’ll pass. Good day to jump on the bike trainer and get some shit done around the house.
    I'd love to hear from someone who skied Whiteface today. How was it?

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 3.50.27 PM.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	185.3 KB 
ID:	351300

Haven't you kooky DeadHeads heard of the archive???

https://archive.org/details/GratefulDead

Or are you hoping to pop those tapes in your '86 Ford Fiesta?

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    close the bar, beers in the car.
    Sig worthy? I think so, at least for 2020/2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    would help if VT or wherever didn't make the other stuff available, but I know there's a lot of money that incentivizes places to continue offering things that might cause spread.
    But as you likely know, the bar at Magic turns a bigger profit than lift tickets. I'm as guilty as the next guy, hanging out there on marginal days for a 2-hour liquid lunch but when I go to other areas, I boot up at the car and ski...and have a beer while de-booting at the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post

1988 Saab 900 Turbo with the Clarion tape deck and separate graphic EQ works best in my personal experience. Let’s you tune the mix given how shitty a lot of those tapes sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post

I use the Relisten app, has a ton of other live bands as well.

East Coast Roll Call #??? 20-21 Covid closures and hard core touring! Be Fit or Sit

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    1988 Saab 900 Turbo with the Clarion tape deck and separate graphic EQ works best in my personal experience. Let’s you tune the mix given how shitty a lot of those tapes sound.
    IMHO this means drop the treble to the floor and mix the bass as high as is reasonably required to still hear the vocals.