Page 76 of 182 FirstFirst ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 4533
    Stowe is skiing well and more open terrain is spreading out the parade of uphillers.
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

^^^^^That doesn't look too bad, Laps.

If this storms works out, let me know if you're up for a tour/skin this weekend. I'm itching to ski on something other than rocks and sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Hold tough, change is nigh. Vortex soon come!
    Bwhahaha! You are in this thread hoping for it to piss rain all season! Kook!

Fuck this season so far...and it will be over before we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by dangur View Post
    I grew up racing at Jiminy. I definitely appreciated the steeps and snow making coverage. But man do they cater to the lowest common denominator. They groom every single flake that falls on the mountain. You could have 16" of fresh white gold in the parking lot, and the mountain will be entirely draped in corduroy. And if you dare duck into the trees, patrol will follow you to pull your pass.
    Cool, and yeah I know what you mean. They do cater. I see pics of goniff bagging some great days every spring once the denominated folks are scarce so it makes me want to get back there

I spent every wknd from ages 6-20 there back in the day, Jericho glade was a badass trail. North glade used to live up to its name. So many good memories. The glass house, the upper T bar , Spring bumps on upper X, the mueller chair.. spring flings.. the dive at the end of the access road..

Nice effort, Laps. I see Stowe has 'night skiing' these days.

you should see the ones that didn't make the cut
    Attached Images Attached Images  

haa

Based on the current forecast, Killington could be sweet this weekend.

Based on the current forecast, staying put and not dealing with shit road conditions/drivers will be sweet this weekend.

That SR dig sign is gold.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Was that Monday night at Stowe?

Weather trends go both ways; temps are being friendly, here's to a good dump. Party on Wayne

This was trippy as all get up:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	halo2.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	928.6 KB 
ID:	357657

Name:  halo 1.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  64.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Based on the current forecast, Killington could be sweet this weekend.
    Killington is never "sweet" on the weekend. Unless there's so much snow you can just hang in the trees. Which isn't this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Stowe is skiing well and more open terrain is spreading out the parade of uphillers.

this deserves a repeat. very nice laps.

Quote Originally Posted by dangur View Post
    I grew up racing at Jiminy. I definitely appreciated the steeps and snow making coverage. But man do they cater to the lowest common denominator. They groom every single flake that falls on the mountain. You could have 16" of fresh white gold in the parking lot, and the mountain will be entirely draped in corduroy. And if you dare duck into the trees, patrol will follow you to pull your pass.
    yup, they are horribly groom-happy but season before last i skiied there during an evening dump and it was fantastic as they didn't groom til morning (presumably) and the place was empty. ...also did a winter/spring temp night that was incredible, got myself completely dialed-in for the rest of the season on that hero corn.

when ops doesn't get a chance to mow things down the place is right up there with platts in the small but steep category.

Glad you all enjoyed the pic. That was this am, way too early. 1/2” of fresh on top of some well groomed manmade. Big gs turns all the way back to the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I spent every wknd from ages 6-20 there back in the day, Jericho glade was a badass trail. North glade used to live up to its name. So many good memories. The glass house, the upper T bar , Spring bumps on upper X, the mueller chair.. spring flings.. the dive at the end of the access road..
    Sounds like an awesome time. By the time my family started skiing there, Jericho was a straight-fall-line double black, and North Glade was my mom's favorite groomer. They had one tree run, which they clear cut a few years later. As for upper X - during the last few years of my time Jiminy, you had to duck a rope to ski it. It _never_ opened.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Attachment 357551

Attachment 357550

it must be a jersey thing ;0)

( i did *all* my early skiing at night - vernon valley/great gorge)

nights are usually empty and fast ...though last saturday it was long lines, unsteady beginners until after 8pm...that said i'm diggings' it!
    i immediately bought another night ticket
    West Mtn?

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    the epic 2007-2008 season didn't really start til MLK. hopefully this one is a late bloomer (and NOT an all-groomer!)
    Same is true for the epic 2014-2015 season. At Magic, just before MLK, it was only 1 WROD. Cancelled a February trip to Snowbird because the skiing was better in VT.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    A little perspective.

Attachment 357636
    I wonder what the total snowfall in BTV was for the winter of 79-80. I don't remember it snowing at all.

^ 5th lowest snow total on record in 79-80. 39.6" but most of that came after I trashed my skis at Smuggs and couldn't ski.

Seems some people are starting to lose the faith on this winter? It’s just barely mid-January. Lots of potential in the broader scale patterns over the next 4 weeks or so, starting Saturday. I have confidence snow will be in the pattern and in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    ^^^^^That doesn't look too bad, Laps.

If this storms works out, let me know if you're up for a tour/skin this weekend. I'm itching to ski on something other than rocks and sticks.
    Sure thing. I think a little Bolton tour could be fun.

Nicely done Laps and great shots Greenstate. Rode the wheel for the first time in a week and a half today, nice to have a little leftover snow from yesterday to keep things quiet and not a line to be seen...that won't last past tomorrow.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    ^ 5th lowest snow total on record in 79-80. 39.6" but most of that came after I trashed my skis at Smuggs and couldn't ski.
    what was the year that Jake made the "I'm thinking trick to showoff" stickers? That was a dark year for snow at Magic from what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Killington is never "sweet" on the weekend. Unless there's so much snow you can just hang in the trees. Which isn't this weekend.
    I am a weekend warrior and generally always ski on the weekend and it is rare that I do not have plenty of fun at Killington, including holiday weekends. With Ikon being blacked out i would wager that most of the people that go on MLK weekend are 2x a year skiers, meaning they will be skiing on the greens and blues for the most part and they would also be in the lodge by 11, in a non covid year. With the restrictions in place now it should be even lighter. You need to know where to go there and you can avoid crowds.

Yeah, duh.

Or just dust and do laundry on Saturday.

I don't know if you've been following reports, but plenty of people have been skiing Vermont, and most of them don't live there. There really isn't jack out there in trail quantity and quality (Superstar was dirt very recently), so, that's kinda what you'll have, greens and blues (good song).

I'm always amazed that most people only ski Saturday. That has to be hell.

Feeling a bit more optimistic for Saturday Benny good luck matching socks

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'm always amazed that most people only ski Saturday. That has to be hell.
    Yes, but it is a Hell filled with hot Jersey babes. Or so I am told.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0560.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	327.7 KB 
ID:	357754  

Name:  Image1610594320.393253.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  237.9 KB