Page 5 of 182 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    So Boston just closed all their schools...
    Shocking!

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Heard a rumor (*caution*) this might apply to passholders only on peak days.
    It's going to continue to evolve and likely won't be the same on Day 20 as it was on Day 1. Roll with it...

Pro tip...ski on Thursdays and Fridays. It's like owning your own ski area.

Our spokesman has spoken!

Glading season continues up to Black Mountain of Maine. Top of a new unnamed glade. We go at it again on Halloween. Let me know if you need details. Bring your mask

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	166E6100-C120-450F-8995-07DA1183046A.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	344334

^ I am mosdef making a trip to Maine this year. Did all the ciphering and figgered out that it doesn't make any sense to save the sick time I have coming to me (fed employee) before I retire 11 months and 4 days from today. So...when it snows, there will be cases of pow flu raging through my abode.

East Coast Roll Call #??? 20-21 Covid closures and hard core touring! Be Fit or Sit

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    We’re in the red in Essex county NY ( Lake Placid, Whiteface, Etc ) there was a big outbreak in a nursing home of something around 40-50 cases, other than that i think there is 5 in lake placid and 1 in my town. I rarely stay in Vermont, and have no horse in this race either way, but sometimes the numbers can be skewed quickly .
    Understandably VT wants to stay clear and create a state wide bubble......totally agree...do what u gotta do.

But all numbers can be skewed....I’m in Pike County in PA....full on school/all sports....0 cases on a daily basis only a few cases over the past weeks/months....we were totally VT green and now all of sudden we are VT red?.....

We’ll follow the protocol because we understand the why.....But IMO....jumping everyone to red is more about keeping people out of the bubble....than the actual number of cases in each county.

Who knows...I guess I won’t be visiting my kids till 2021/2022.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    We go at it again on Halloween. Let me know if you need details. Bring your mask

Name:	IMG_9750.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	344341
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Classic ^^^ lol
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

ML you will fit right in

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Understandably VT wants to stay clear and create a state wide bubble......totally agree...do what u gotta do.

But all numbers can be skewed....I’m in Pike County in PA....full on school/all sports....0 cases on a daily basis only a few cases over the past weeks/months....we were totally VT green and now all of sudden we are VT red?.....

We’ll follow the protocol because we understand the why.....But IMO....jumping everyone to red is more about keeping people out of the bubble....than the actual number of cases in each county.

Who knows...I guess I won’t be visiting my kids till 2021/2022.
    My quick research shows Pike County currently has 590 active Covid cases with a population of approximately 55k people. Counties with small populations can swing quickly from green to red as the guidelines are based on the number of cases per million people.

Get Amped commented on it earlier how his county will likely never get out of yellow/red as it only takes a few handfuls of cases to meet the thresholds and it is highly unlikely that will happen.

Hello East Coasters,
    Are you excited for winter, but uncertain of the vagaries of VT travel restrictions? If so, I would like to invite you to come ski in the DPRK. We have expanded Masikyrong for the 2020-21 ski season to include a series of new gladed areas which many of you are so fond of. Or perhaps you like to arc high speed GS style turns on impeccably groomed trails like Dexter Rutecki? Bumps? We have those too! After a long day of skiing, settle down with a piping hot bowl of Yukgaejang, a spicy Korean soup. Before retiring to bed, post up your days pictures for all your friends to see on our blazing fast 5G wifi connections.

I look forward to see you all on the slopes this season. The DPRK embraces the philosophy of Juche, where man is the master of his domain.

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	344388

Yours,
    Kim Jong-Un
    Supreme Leader DPRK

East Coast Roll Call #??? 20-21 Covid closures and hard core touring! Be Fit or Sit

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    My quick research shows Pike County currently has 590 active Covid cases with a population of approximately 55k people. Counties with small populations can swing quickly from green to red as the guidelines are based on the number of cases per million people.

Get Amped commented on it earlier how his county will likely never get out of yellow/red as it only takes a few handfuls of cases to meet the thresholds and it is highly unlikely that will happen.
    Agreed...yeah,..no idea where they get the 590 cases number from?....its coming from medical professionals on a much higher pay scale than me.... (who am I to question that/them?...I’m just a peasant...lol...so I’ll have to accept it)

Local news reports nightly Covid numbers in each county and Pike County is 0-1 new cases more days than not for the past 8 months... so 590 seems high/but what do I know?

All I/we can do is follow VT restrictions because it’s the right thing to do......and hope for better days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Jong-un View Post
    Hello East Coasters,
    Are you excited for winter, but uncertain of the vagaries of VT travel restrictions? If so, I would like to invite you to come ski in the DPRK. We have expanded Masikyrong for the 2020-21 ski season to include a series of new gladed areas which many of you are so fond of. Or perhaps you like to arc high speed GS style turns on impeccably groomed trails like Dexter Rutecki? Bumps? We have those too! After a long day of skiing, settle down with a piping hot bowl of Yukgaejang, a spicy Korean soup. Before retiring to bed, post up your days pictures for all your friends to see on our blazing fast 5G wifi connections.

I look forward to see you all on the slopes this season. The DPRK embraces the philosophy of Juche, where man is the master of his domain.

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	344388

Yours,
    Kim Jong-Un
    Supreme Leader DPRK
    Sounds like it’ll be a great trip and thanks for the invite Kim! Can’t beat some fine Yukgaejang after a cold day on the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryWookiee View Post
    Sounds like it’ll be a great trip and thanks for the invite Kim! Can’t beat some fine Yukgaejang after a cold day on the hill.
    I think you may want to leave such proclamations to Bottleman.

I work from home and don’t really go anywhere (get most things delivered) except for getting some walks in. If I read the rules correctly as long as I am holed up for the 2 weeks before could technically do a day trip to VT? I’d be more concerned about catching it from some college kids who were out partying.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryWookiee View Post
    I work from home and don’t really go anywhere (get most things delivered) except for getting some walks in. If I read the rules correctly as long as I am holed up for the 2 weeks before could technically do a day trip to VT? I’d be more concerned about catching it from some college kids who were out partying.
    The short answer is - yes. However, from what I hear, most folks assume that as long as they work from home but otherwise go about their normal lives for 14 days before they travel they believe they are following the guidelines. That is NOT the case. It really requires some forethought as you better be able to live at home without contact with others for 2 weeks. If your family has contact (kid goes to school, partner goes to work, etc) it's virtually impossible to quarantine at home before visiting VT.

Here is the VT Dept of Health chart explaining proper quarantine. Understand it means no grocery shopping, mingling outside, etc. during your 14 day period at home.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Not trying to Benny up this thread, but as a genuine devils advocate:

Has everyone that’s traveled from VT to insert state name also followed proper quarantine protocol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no.

Absolutely not, nor do they follow restrictions within their own state.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Absolutely not, nor do they follow restrictions within their own state.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I mean, I'm sure someone has, but my experience in tourist-town Maine is that the locals, particularly those of a certain political bent, are far more resistant to masks (and distancing and such) than the tourists. I also suspect there are a lot of people who are following the guidelines because they recognize that the ability of their employers to bring in revenue this winter depends on rates staying low enough that the states don't step in with more public-health regulatory action. Of course, if people are following guidelines and doing so in part by avoiding other people, it's going to be relatively hard to observe their behavior, whereas it's pretty easy to spot the anti-mask types in the grocery store or the hardware store.

Personally, I haven't stepped foot out of Maine since March; I've driven through New Hampshire a couple of times but didn't get out of the vehicle at all, and New Hampshire is greenlit for Maine residents, anyhow.

I have been out of Washington county 5 times since mid June. Haven't been out of state all year.
    Love me some Korean soup, do you deliver?

Helped my gal friend drop a rental off at Enterprise last week after she picked up her new car. She bought me some pad kee mao and basil duck at Royal Orchid. Talked to Art on the phone standing in the rain on the porch. Marie handed me our bag. My big night out for the last 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Not trying to Benny up this thread, but as a genuine devils advocate:

Has everyone that’s traveled from VT to insert state name also followed proper quarantine protocol?

Everyone? No. Almost all? Yes.

I traveled a bunch of the state this summer while cycling. Here in Burlington, I’d guess 90+% of people are wearing masks, even when walking outside alone. That includes students (who may be the strictest adherents). Larger stores like OGE have greeters that ask about out of state travel before allowing entrance. In many small towns, stores/shops required masks and even had sanitizer as a requirement to enter.

The numbers speak for themselves. You don’t become the state with the lowest infection rate by not following the guidelines.

So you know everyone? Tell them I say hi

In all seriousness, you’ve chosen to live where you wanted and now everyone wants in because it’s idyllic AND low cases. Kinda bullshit. Don’t blame all of you for grabbing the torches.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Everyone? No. Almost all? Yes.

I traveled a bunch of the state this summer while cycling. Here in Burlington, I’d guess 90+% of people are wearing masks, even when walking outside alone. That includes students (who may be the strictest adherents). Larger stores like OGE have greeters that ask about out of state travel before allowing entrance. In many small towns, stores/shops required masks and even had sanitizer as a requirement to enter.

The numbers speak for themselves. You don’t become the state with the lowest infection rate by not following the guidelines.
    As an out of stater...but with 2 kids in Burlington..this is totally QFT....right on the money. Back when we were able to visit kids...we were very impressed with the “Burlington Bubble”.