Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 902
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Be careful what you hope for. Do you think Vermont hills can survive on just the meager amount of people in Vermont who ski, doing day trips? At a certain point, they'll just shut it all down to save capital, if the governor doesnt do a mercy killing and do it first.
    Dont expect too much snowmaking and grooming this season. That shit costs money.
    Say what they want about you Bennie....but, at least, you're consistent!!!*








    *consistently a downer.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    2,919
    I can only hope to sign a document giving away my oldest child!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Amherst, Mass.
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I can only hope to sign a document giving away my oldest child!
    Careful there -- you might sign up to take on someone else's problem child!

    Also, I was too focused on the complete pdf file.
    Lodging establishments also have the option of incorporating a check box for this statement (with no other documentation, reading, signing, etc.) into their own on-line forms:
    "I certify that I have reviewed the State of Vermont out-of-state traveler guidelines and travel map and comply with current health and safety requirements for traveling to, from, and within the State of Vermont. I further certify that I understand all travelers should stay home if ill (with any symptoms); maintain physical distance of at least 6’ from anyone outside their household; wear a cloth mask when in public spaces; and wash or sanitize hands often."
    For those stuck in the Northeast, check out the NE Rando Race Series and my avalanche course. (For other avalanche course providers anywhere, feel free to use any of my "homework" assignments for your own courses too.)

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Be careful what you hope for. Do you think Vermont hills can survive on just the meager amount of people in Vermont who ski, doing day trips? At a certain point, they'll just shut it all down to save capital, if the governor doesnt do a mercy killing and do it first.
    Dont expect too much snowmaking and grooming this season. That shit costs money.
    Honestly yes. And the lack of grooming and snowmaking is welcome as long as we have a decent winter. Itíll keep the Jerryís off the hill after the first time they realize what real skiing is.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    44,207
    Me Me Me.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    3,171
    Jay Peak on the IndyPass........










    sweet.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,300
    Jay Peak should be really quiet without the Quebecois.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Out to sea
    Posts
    404
    ya'll are pretty optimistic for a winter without out of state visitors...hope you're not wrong

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    6,820

    East Coast Roll Call #??? 20-21 Covid closures and hard core touring! Be Fit or Sit

    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Jay Peak on the IndyPass........


    sweet.
    As long as you donít want to ride the tram.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North,NorthEast
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Parking lot camping shall now be known as the "Vermont Quarantine".
    Haha, Jack worked for me for a few years. Good dude. He lived in the ADK though. Not upstate, and not Vermont

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    the Dog Patch
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Jay Peak on the IndyPass........
    There goes the neighborhood......

    well, at least it's not Ikon or Epic... yet....
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    2,189
    Indy Pass is cool. You only get 2 days and their reimbursement model is very friendly to the ski areas. And they are all independents. I may get one as an add-on to my Magic pass just so I can get in a coupla days at Cannon and Pat's Peak is only 40 minutes from my telework office.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,776
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I sign shit all the time that I haven't read....which is why I have to sleep in my car.
    FIFY


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    An Anheuser-Busch Barley Field
    Posts
    4,803
    Iíll lurk

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    FIFY


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fair or Foul????

    Iíll say: fair...yep, poor life choices.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Tremontaine
    Posts
    83
    Would have been a real slow season for Jay; this will at least help them out with some extra revenue.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,776
    FIFY = fixed it for you, JONG. JONG = :the fing:


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    FIFY = fixed it for you, JONG. JONG = :the fing:


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah...I know what it means. I was laughing w/ you🤷🏻♂️


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    12,590
    Quote Originally Posted by alev View Post
    ya'll are pretty optimistic for a winter without out of state visitors...hope you're not wrong
    It is currently on the honor system who is allowed to visit the state. Lots of dishonorable people around all summer, not likely to change this winter. Problem is it seems most of the spread is from people gathering and hanging out in close proximity without masks with someone in their group infected. Sounds a lot like ski houses and the typical apres/dinner crowd, which will be more prevalent this season without bars at the resort being open, "hey lets all go to my condo for brews and hors d'oeuvres".

    We'll see how it pans out over the next two months.
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ne pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,621
    My local hill Elk Mtn only opening Wednesday through Sunday.....same high season pass rate though.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Middle of the NEK
    Posts
    4,742
    I'm just here for the soup du jour.

    Name:  2hrdp9.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  59.8 KB
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    It is currently on the honor system who is allowed to visit the state. Lots of dishonorable people around all summer, not likely to change this winter. Problem is it seems most of the spread is from people gathering and hanging out in close proximity without masks with someone in their group infected. Sounds a lot like ski houses and the typical apres/dinner crowd, which will be more prevalent this season without bars at the resort being open, "hey lets all go to my condo for brews and hors d'oeuvres".

    We'll see how it pans out over the next two months.

    If you read the current Vt guidance on outside activity, it specifically states no tailgating & that a "arrive, play and leave" mentality is required.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    6,820
    Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    If you read the current Vt guidance on outside activity, it specifically states no tailgating & that a "arrive, play and leave" mentality is required.
    If you could just drop the cash you would have normally spent in the coffee can at the state line visitor center, that would be great.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,776
    This gives me a great idea to buy an old state cruiser fix it up and charge everyone a $50 entrance fee at the border.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    the Dog Patch
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryWookiee View Post
    Would have been a real slow season for Jay; this will at least help them out with some extra revenue.
    slashing their property tax assessment ought to help 'em out a little as well... not such a great thing for the Town of Jay if it means losing out on that income tho

    https://vtdigger.org/2020/08/16/jay-...g-1m-in-taxes/
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •