Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
Results 751 to 775 of 819
  1. #751
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Even eyore was right and poo was wrong. Once.

    “Online ski chat rooms and social media erupted with rumors and angst, including worries that ski areas might not open at all.“
    ........and the NYT didn't even quote the ECRC thread from TGR? What a bunch of hacks.

  2. #752
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    279
    Manchester inn was packed all summer. Just like all the other ones in that end of town. He was more concerned about his bottom line all summer long.... now itís really gonna hurt his trust fund.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #753
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine Coast
    Posts
    3,068
    Seems I have seen more Vermont plates in Maine than before the pandemic. Guess is 98% of them are not quarantining as State of Vt says when they return.

    Echoing others nice pow pics Laps and Peruvian

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    279
    I would venture to guess you are spot on cat.


    Sent from my iPhone using SuckMyDickJerry

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    6,802
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    As Linc on the Mod Squad used to say...

    Solid.
    Not when compared to the summit at Big Bromley this morning (from a friend)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1605879613.249629.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	808.0 KB 
ID:	348887

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    279
    Break out the skates.


    Sent from my iPhone using SuckMyDickJerry

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    12,572
    And it's on!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 9.08.19 AM.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	494.5 KB 
ID:	348890

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 9.09.20 AM.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	482.2 KB 
ID:	348891
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    44,156
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    things are looking grim in the vermonts.... seems like benny called it right.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/19/t...gtype=Homepage
    Bill Gates was on my TV last night telling me that Jan. and Feb. will bring peak cases and deaths. He's a smart nerd and can do math in his head. Good luck, y'all! Happy Holidays!

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  9. #759
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    the Dog Patch
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    things are looking grim in the vermonts.... seems like benny called it right.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/19/t...gtype=Homepage
    definitely a grim outlook indeed - thinking about the financial side of it all; the VT relief fund of $75M for the hospitality sector (+$2.5M for ski areas) is less than 5% of the normal $1.6B out-of-stater ski season revenue they mention. I really can't see how a lot of places will survive this; there's just no way they'll be able to make enough money to stay open/operational.

    Nice stoke pics Laps and Peruvian, great to see some folks out there gettin after it in any case.
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

  10. #760
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Seems I have seen more Vermont plates in Maine than before the pandemic. Guess is 98% of them are not quarantining as State of Vt says when they return.

    Echoing others nice pow pics Laps and Peruvian

    we've had to do that trip twice for family matters. I agree that most havent, but I cant imagine most we are only of the 2% of people following it properly. We litteryl bought 2 weeks of trader joes before getting to NH.

    From my annecdotal evidence, mainers have the same issues with not following the rules.

  11. #761
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    6,802

    East Coast Roll Call #??? 20-21 Covid closures and hard core touring! Be Fit or Sit

    Enough about this travel bullshit. Just stay close to home unless you have to travel. Thatís the purpose of the guideline.

  12. #762
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Bill Gates was on my TV last night telling me that Jan. and Feb. will bring peak cases and deaths. He's a smart nerd and can do math in his head. Good luck, y'all! Happy Holidays!
    This is funny. I lolled.

    Benny - you get a lot of shit here, but I usually find myself chuckling silently in the shadows while you drag the rest of this thread into a flame war.

    Keep up the good work.

  13. #763
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    low and inside
    Posts
    5,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Enough about this travel bullshit. Just stay close to home unless you have to travel. That’s the purpose of the guideline.
    yup, personal responsibility and patience will go a long way towards not making the very bad very worse.

    if we ever needed a really snowy and cold winter - this is the one!

  14. #764
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    5,654
    Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    if we ever needed a really snowy and cold winter - this is the one!
    Cannon cannot open. Lack of temps and rain.

    Sunuuunuuu put in a half-assed mask mandate yesterday. The guy is such a tool. Ultimate fence rider.

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    low and inside
    Posts
    5,148
    i said patience too jack ;0]

    yup...wasn't suunnunu the last in the NE to shut down the ski areas?
    ("take THAT killington!")

    speaking of : it's 2:20pm...any reports from opening day?
    Last edited by buckethead; 11-20-2020 at 01:10 PM.

  16. #766
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Live Free or Die
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Cannon cannot open. Lack of temps and rain.

    Sunuuunuuu put in a half-assed mask mandate yesterday. The guy is such a tool. Ultimate fence rider.
    Governor Banana leading from behind as per usual. Drove past Loon today and nothing but a dusting and a sad thin ribbon of snowmaking. Warmer at the top of the Kanc than the bottom.

  17. #767
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bethel, Maine
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Enough about this travel bullshit. Just stay close to home unless you have to travel. Thatís the purpose of the guideline.
    If people could manage to behave intelligently and responsibly without a government mandate hitting them upside the head, we'd be in a much better spot now.

    Hell, last spring's uphill season might have been a lot longer, too. But give a group of people an opportunity to do something dumb, and you'll rarely be disappointed.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

  18. #768
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    If people could manage to behave intelligently and responsibly without a government mandate hitting them upside the head, we'd be in a much better spot now.

    Hell, last spring's uphill season might have been a lot longer, too. But give a group of people an opportunity to do something dumb, and you'll rarely be disappointed.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Truth

  19. #769
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    home
    Posts
    192
    so did anyone fuking ski yesterday? Jeezuz H Christ......may as well re-name this thread "the Covid-Political-Vermont-Is-smarter-than-everyone" thread

  20. #770
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    2,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer-Down View Post
    so did anyone fuking ski yesterday? Jeezuz H Christ......may as well re-name this thread "the Covid-Political-Vermont-Is-smarter-than-everyone" thread
    Did you?

  21. #771
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    12
    So no chance on Waterville day after Thanksgiving?

  22. #772
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer-Down View Post
    so did anyone fuking ski yesterday? Jeezuz H Christ......may as well re-name this thread "the Covid-Political-Vermont-Is-smarter-than-everyone" thread
    This is one of the funniest posts on this thread. Time to stop talking about fucking Covid and go ski.

    So no I did not ski today, but I did walk on snow.....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26A475F5-9A33-4FBC-8CC3-6BB924020F33.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	282.9 KB 
ID:	349133 And I have no idea why this is sideways. Theme of the year.....

  23. #773
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    5,654
    Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    i said patience too jack ;0]

    yup...wasn't suunnunu the last in the NE to shut down the ski areas?
    ("take THAT killington!")
    Ha!

    I got a sunburn today. Patience.

  24. #774
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    1,960
    Out for some runs @ K today. Fair conditions for the year we have had. Blowing new stuff, but not as much as expected.

    I will say this, EVERY Killington employee seemed as though they had a deep appreciation for being able pull off the season & was uncharacteristically helpful & pleasant.

    Parking Reservations were a PIA (app suckz- slow, freezes & sends you 6 emails a week from Scott Kellog saying hi until you cancel spam via customer service....)- yet the access road process as smooth & I learned you donít even need to roll down the window to get scanned & surprisingly the poor guy working the road was upbeat & welcoming.

  25. #775
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,377
    Took a rip up to MSS late yesterday afternoon, was kind of a skating rink (wasn't expecting much more than that) so i bailed after two runs on the WROD to avoid hurting myself. Headed to Val David for a walk along the river in the dark. Found a nice boulder to lie down on next to the water and passed out for about 20 min to the sound of the rapids under the stars. More stars up there than in the city obvs. My camera is busted so all my stoke will be prosaic until that is resolved.
    24į 06į

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •