Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 901
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    44,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    No shit.
    Tried to go hiking and biking in vt last weekend. We were too toxic hazardous waste.
    VT rejected

    ME accepted us and we had fun.
    How exactly were you "rejected"?

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    1,973
    Pico today

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FE5BFE49-DEE3-4A66-8D5C-4BA0C85B91EF.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	301.6 KB 
ID:	343970

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    How exactly were you "rejected"?
    Hey Benny, get the Fucq out of this thread- no one wants you fuc’n up this dialog with your banter. I’m certain the SNF is looking for ur dumb ass.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    44,206
    Hey, sure, have to wear a hazmat suit to protect myself from the circle jerk spew, but, really, somebody just said they were "rejected" in Vermont. What does that mean? How was this person "rejected"?

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    6,820

    East Coast Roll Call #??? 20-21 Covid closures and hard core touring! Be Fit or Sit

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Hey, sure, have to wear a hazmat suit to protect myself from the circle jerk spew, but, really, somebody just said they were "rejected" in Vermont. What does that mean? How was this person "rejected"?
    They werenít welcome. Thatís got to be familiar to you.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    44,206
    Well, sure, works both ways.


    Is there a bouncer at the rt. 4 welcome center holding a giant velvet rope?

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    11,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    How exactly were you "rejected"?
    Our hotel reservations three weeks prior were cancelled. We are dangerous.

    I sympathize with the owner. They donít want the state fining or closing them.

    Point being, for ski season, hotel stays may be sketchy.
    Day trips and car camping, no problem.
    ďLife has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.Ē
    Hunter S. Thompson

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    44,206
    So that was the reason given for the cancellation? In person or you got advanced warning?

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,187
    Ready to adapt to these uncertain times:

    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So that was the reason given for the cancellation? In person or you got advanced warning?
    Hotels in Vermont are supposed to check the all knowing map and if you are from a red county you canít come. We are working on updating the map so that everything south of the VT mass border is red and same with everything to the west of the VT ny border and shutting off the day trips. It will essentially be perfect. Enjoy the Catskills!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Enjoy the Catskills!
    Are those in upstate NY?

    After 2 years of every spare moment being spent on house renovations I'm looking forward to getting out more this year. Good to hear hotels are enforcing the red zones, gives me hope we can keep thing open.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Are those in upstate NY?

    After 2 years of every spare moment being spent on house renovations I'm looking forward to getting out more this year. Good to hear hotels are enforcing the red zones, gives me hope we can keep thing open.
    ^
    #DontLetCovidBennyBeAReasonToEndOurSeason

    Seriously, Iím very encouraged to see people moving up to Vermont and adding some diversity and fresh blood, but the day trippers got to stop.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Amherst, Mass.
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Our hotel reservations three weeks prior were cancelled. We are dangerous.

    I sympathize with the owner. They donít want the state fining or closing them.

    Point being, for ski season, hotel stays may be sketchy.
    Day trips and car camping, no problem.
    So instead of informing you beforehand that upon arrival you would have to sign the official state form attesting to a 2 wk quarantine, or 1 wk quarantine combined with negative pcr test, i.e., option D here:
    https://accd.vermont.gov/sites/accdn...2020-07-01.pdf
    ... the hotel simply cancelled your reservations?

    As long as a lodging establishment requires all guests to complete this form (without any "coaching"), the business would appear not to face any potential liability.
    (Guests who lie, that's another matter.)

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Amherst, Mass.
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Hotels in Vermont are supposed to check the all knowing map and if you are from a red county you canít come. We are working on updating the map so that everything south of the VT mass border is red and same with everything to the west of the VT ny border and shutting off the day trips. It will essentially be perfect. Enjoy the Catskills!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hotels are supposed to have guests complete this form:
    https://accd.vermont.gov/sites/accdn...2020-07-01.pdf
    Only guests who can't certify to the conditions are prohibited from coming to Vermont for leisure travel.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    Hotels are supposed to have guests complete this form:
    https://accd.vermont.gov/sites/accdn...2020-07-01.pdf
    Only guests who can't certify to the conditions are prohibited from coming to Vermont for leisure travel.
    I sign shit all the time that I haven't read....I think I'll just sleep in my car.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    2,189
    ^ Is the the norm in your profession :-)
    Jim Sullivan certainly seemed to have that mantra

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    ^ Is the the norm in your profession :-)
    Jim Sullivan certainly seemed to have that mantra
    Pretty much....I mean, have you seen some of those documents??? And don't even get me started on real estate requirements!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    DownEast
    Posts
    809
    Parking lot camping shall now be known as the "Vermont Quarantine".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0514.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	389.7 KB 
ID:	343999  

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,187
    is that your rig? sweet
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Tremontaine
    Posts
    83
    How does that thing do in the snow?

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    DownEast
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    is that your rig? sweet
    No, photo lifted from a Powder Mag article a few years ago. Although I have spent time camping out of a 900 Turbo Hatch in the early 90's... "Who are the Grateful Dead and why do they keep following me?" Great road trip cars!

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Amherst, Mass.
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Pretty much....I mean, have you seen some of those documents??? [...]
    https://www.npr.org/2019/03/08/70141...cost-your-soul
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/xwbg...ts-study-finds
    For those stuck in the Northeast, check out the NE Rando Race Series and my avalanche course. (For other avalanche course providers anywhere, feel free to use any of my "homework" assignments for your own courses too.)

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,187
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    the Dog Patch
    Posts
    103
    Count me in - currently lookin for a new truck to sleep in the bed of this season, hit me up if you guys hear of any sweet deals or have any tips on building out a camper.

    Here's to staying positive and testing negative! Cheers, and pray for snow.
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    44,206
    Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Hotels in Vermont are supposed to check the all knowing map and if you are from a red county you canít come. We are working on updating the map so that everything south of the VT mass border is red and same with everything to the west of the VT ny border and shutting off the day trips. It will essentially be perfect. Enjoy the Catskills!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Be careful what you hope for. Do you think Vermont hills can survive on just the meager amount of people in Vermont who ski, doing day trips? At a certain point, they'll just shut it all down to save capital, if the governor doesnt do a mercy killing and do it first.
    Dont expect too much snowmaking and grooming this season. That shit costs money.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •