Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Fun day yesterday meadow skipping around Plain of Six Glaciers. Saw no one up by the tea house but lots of tracks (as usual) coming down Surprise Pass. Cold day to start (-23°C at the upper Lake Louise parking lot) but the bright sun and walking up hill made it bearable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was at Marmot yesterday, snow was great (they had a big dump last week). Eagle East had lots of coverage, wasn't super crowded but it was cold out (-15C).

Police 'Checkstop' on the Sunshine Road this morning. I didn't get pulled over into 1 of the 5 Checks, but I can only assume they're checking to see who's driving out together.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Police 'Checkstop' on the Sunshine Road this morning. I didn't get pulled over into 1 of the 5 Checks, but I can only assume they're checking to see who's driving out together.
    That's interesting. Kenney put out a clarification earlier this week and if I recall he said carpooling and driving together is ok and not considered a "gathering" how ever suggested masking and not driving together.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    That's interesting. Kenney put out a clarification earlier this week and if I recall he said carpooling and driving together is ok and not considered a "gathering" how ever suggested masking and not driving together.

Girlfriend also told me yesterday how here client was hiking earlier this week and when her and her friend got back to the parking lot, RCMP were there and handed them each a $1000 ticket for driving up together. I called bullshit on this and just as you say, the Police can only 'promote' social distancing, driving separately, whatever.

Aren't people allowed two close contacts who do not live in their house?

Quote Originally Posted by himavan View Post
    Aren't people allowed two close contacts who do not live in their house?
    I think it's only if you live alone you are able to have 2 other people in your residence

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Girlfriend also told me yesterday how here client was hiking earlier this week and when her and her friend got back to the parking lot, RCMP were there and handed them each a $1000 ticket for driving up together. I called bullshit on this and just as you say, the Police can only 'promote' social distancing, driving separately, whatever.
    The police can absolutely issue fines for not complying with a public health order.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

not wanting to drag this further off topic (but since my girlfriend hasn't updated her address on her drivers license...), but hypothetically they would use the drivers licenses to verify who is in a household? So a car of 2 or 3 people with different addresses could be people living alone with their 2 close contacts, but 4 or more would raise their suspicion?

Got to checkout the "new terrain" of West Bowl today. It's not all open yet, but the boundary will go all the way across to including White Rabbit. The cat track at the bottom goes all the way across too so easy to get out of. They also seem to have done a fair bit of glading. I wasn't sure how I felt about it becoming part of the inbounds terrain, but I'm starting to think it will be a good addition.

Quote Originally Posted by TOLOCOMan View Post
    Got to checkout the "new terrain" of West Bowl today. It's not all open yet, but the boundary will go all the way across to including White Rabbit. The cat track at the bottom goes all the way across too so easy to get out of. They also seem to have done a fair bit of glading. I wasn't sure how I felt about it becoming part of the inbounds terrain, but I'm starting to think it will be a good addition.
    How was the snow? Any shark fins lurking?

Joe is this your first year in the Rockies? That is the name sake for a reason bud.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Joe is this your first year in the Rockies? That is the name sake for a reason bud.

Did I miss something? My question was regarding snow quality and exposed rocks in West Bowl... did I make a faux pas or something?

Quote Originally Posted by joecoffee View Post
    Did I miss something? My question was regarding snow quality and exposed rocks in West Bowl... did I make a faux pas or something?
    Heh. Skiing in the 'Rockies', and asking about shark fin coverage is all. If it was covered today, tomorrow the wind will make the question moot.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Heh. Skiing in the 'Rockies', and asking about shark fin coverage is all. If it was covered today, tomorrow the wind will make the question moot.
    Ha, did you even really ski in the Rockies if you didn’t hit/scrape a rock?

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    I never skied in West Bowl.. I thought maybe it was special

Quote Originally Posted by joecoffee View Post
    I never skied in West Bowl.. I thought maybe it was special
    Just your typical windslab over rocks in the alpine followed by tib fib snappers below tree line. But hey, it will be good at some point this year.

well, they don't call them the Snowies

Quote Originally Posted by skiitsbetter View Post
    not wanting to drag this further off topic (but since my girlfriend hasn't updated her address on her drivers license...), but hypothetically they would use the drivers licenses to verify who is in a household? So a car of 2 or 3 people with different addresses could be people living alone with their 2 close contacts, but 4 or more would raise their suspicion?
    Liz hasn't updated her ID either. She doesn't drive, so I guess she's been lax. We figure she can bring up her bank statements on her phone if needed. Although passengers don't need to carry ID, so there's that too.

Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
    well, they don't call them the Snowies
    Maybe they should since they're so rare

Spent 3 days and two painful hours Friday skiing Pano. Groomers are very fun and grippy in AM, scrape off a bit in afternoon. Skied several runs on Stumbock’s which was great Sunday, a little more skied off Monday, but still good as a groomer. The edges looked soft but were a bit of false advertising as the rain/freeze - thaw over past couple of weeks made it sketchy going. Looked soft, but ugly underneath.

With some traffic to knock down the unevenness underneath, should be a solid base to build on.

Pain was due to new boots. The snow making has set down a great base to start the year where the whales have been knocked down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Couple more cms this morning, forecast looks promising.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

sounds like RCMP might be doing checks on way to SSV or LL to make sure all people in car are "cohorts" . Fines for everyone in car if address doesn't match

Hi everyone from the Rockies. I had been looking forward to a visit over Christmas as I haven't skied resorts there since Crashidy got married. That's gone for shit now, but c'est la vie. Hopefully I'm welcome again in the Spring.

A friend of mine is the author of the current Rogers Pass guidebook. He's doing a kickstarter to pay for a print run of the new edition of the book. Last time he did this it was cheaper to buy during the kickstarter than purchasing retail once the book was released. He's used a few of my pictures in the books, which I think is pretty awesome. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ef=creator_nav
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

What does that mean for people living in Staff housing etc? So many People I'm sure that are housemates but have different drivers licenses then where they live out here. On another note Wh2 and Westbowl have been skiing V nicely lately.