Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Helis sold separately. Had to laugh at that one. COVID related forced sale? Or something else?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by LSeed View Post
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7739065/l...C%20EMS%20said.

No other details that I have heard But I did hear it was On Haddo. Fuck.
    Was up on the north east face 6weeks ago and we turned around due to suspect hard slab on hollow.....Weird winds in there....
    Last edited by teamdirt; 04-05-2021 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Helis sold separately. Had to laugh at that one. COVID related forced sale? Or something else?
    might want to check the date of the post

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Was up on the north east face 6weeks ago and we turned around due to suspect hard slab on hollow.....Weird winds in there....
    https://www.rmotoday.com/lake-louise...edium=facebook

Looks like that’s where it happened. Tragic news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing scares me more than steep and thin... healing vibes to friends and fam.

Damn! Thats rough. Read that holding my breath after reading canmore. Ive never seen turns there but it looks like itd be nice to bag haddo and sheol before a nice ski down the n slope or the little chute that aims at surprise.
    Vibes to those involved.

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Yea I skied that line last year from just below where the slide started. Its quite fun and fairly mellow compared to how it looks,(and by mellow I just mean fairly low slope angle and reasonable fall line still a big fucking slope) once you head out onto that steep upper section it gets full on straight away. I really didn't have much snow on it all year either winds must have fucked it. Guessing it was mostly just the last couple storms that made it look reasonable to that group. Heads up and safe spring sending everyone don't need to lose anyone else.

Word! Sounds like it has some time before full on spring stability along the divide. It always looks so caked in there with a couple big cornices along the haddo/sheol col hanging over it, and looking straight at it seems probably steeper than it is. The cornices were always my concern. I didnt want to climb under them .I thought it be best to go up the south south east/paradise valley side w crampons and then time that hanging snowfield on haddo before sheol summit and sliding in between the cornices on the col to that north side.Still a lot of snow even if it wasnt typical depths. Sizeable slope/basin

Yea its definitely still winter. Lots of big stuff going down. E face of Vic skied today, new line on E face mt bell yesterday. I've been enjoying the sunshine and keeping er mellow myself. Been a good year for the most part but I imagine some areas are awfully thin from the big winds and might catch people with some wet spring coverage making um look phat. Yea going up the P-Valley side would definitely reduce your exposure time, we just did an alpine start and mashed up the line for about 9am top out and then skied down and out surprise pass. Really fun day with lots of skiing, certainly cornice exposure but not really anymore then The S slope from Paradise. When I skied that a few years ago we basically used the bed surface from an old cornice failure to gain the ridge and there were still some healthy ones hanging around.

Any pics of the east face of mt bell? Skied the big chute at the back of taylor lake in the mid 90's. I think thats mt bell? Other side is boom lake and the chute is north i think. Been a while. Memory is a bit hazy. Was on silverettas and a 203 olin extreme

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNWf5lClM6B/

E face is pretty fucked up faces the highway. Really aesthetic line
    Last edited by LSeed; 04-07-2021 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LSeed View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CNWf5lClM6B/

E face is pretty fucked up faces the highway. Really aesthetic line
    Holy shit. Beauty. Anything rips there.......swim for the choke

Is louise still pretty busy on weekends are the crowds dwindling at all?

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Is louise still pretty busy on weekends are the crowds dwindling at all?

Weekends have been great, to the point i get tired since I've been getting 5 laps a day all year. Hearing rumbling of a large slide in louise this afternoon with potential involvement
    Last edited by crashidy; 04-07-2021 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Weekends have been great, to the point i get tired since I've been getting 5 laps a day all year. Hearing rumbling of a large slide in louise this afternoon with potential involvement
    A guy went for a ride on the slopes around Lake Agnes and stopped with his head poking out of the debris (his buddy was kind enough to take a pic, floating around facebook). Looked like he was on a solid snowboard and based on his comments sounds pretty green to backcountry. Close call for sure.

The Lake was fantastic this morning. 8cm skied more like 30 on WH1/2. It snowed most of the time we were there and continued even heavier after we left.
    The drive home was a little sporty though. I’m glad I didn’t switch the tires on my truck yesterday when I did my wife’s.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Still Winter in K-country! All day storming and pow turns a-plenty. Stability was holding nice but winds were picking up. Good start to the alpine season after a 6 week hiatus to pursue other activities...Go get some!

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Still Winter in K-country!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	woot.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	504.4 KB 
ID:	371229
    Relatively low post count.

Put in a half day at Castle for their closing day today.

They have better coverage than I've ever seen this late and the upper mountain was full winter and skiing like March... bummer they had to close.

Very vew bare spots down low but it was skiing kind of like sierra cement... kind of heavy and getting packed into firm choppy piles.

Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Another season at Fernie is in the books! It was a pretty decent weekend with 15cm overnight on Friday, and sunny skies Sunday afternoon. It felt like it was a bellow average snow year for us, but coverage was great right until the very end. Also, Polar actually ran quite few days this spring, in previous years it felt like it was only open for a handful of days.

This got skied yesterday. Winter exists on north facing. Sore feet, good stoke.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    Another season at Fernie is in the books! It was a pretty decent weekend with 15cm overnight on Friday, and sunny skies Sunday afternoon. It felt like it was a bellow average snow year for us, but coverage was great right until the very end. Also, Polar actually ran quite few days this spring, in previous years it felt like it was only open for a handful of days.
    Friday and Saturday were pretty good, didn't ski Sunday. Top of Cedar was skiing like full on winter. My oldest (daughter) skied her first blue run this weekend as well (Power Trip) and by the end of Saturday I didn't even have to stop and wait for her (just ski sloooow behind her).

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    This got skied yesterday. Winter exists on north facing. Sore feet, good stoke.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Nice-steep & deep! My feet hurt too!!

Aqua toque- u know where this is? BL’s crew joked that u might be the only one that could have ever been here or skied it but then we realized it’s just to far off the beaten path!
    Last edited by teamdirt; 04-12-2021 at 08:17 PM.

another nice opening of middle ER5 today. super quiet day, mostly winter on backside, when we left at noon.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    another nice opening of middle ER5 today. super quiet day, mostly winter on backside, when we left at noon.
    Even with 95 days, I still haven't hit one of the openings of ER5. Apparently I'm not showing enough cleavage to the right people...