Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Nice Turns at LL today. They have fully stepped up their game in regards to co-vid protocols. Took the entire interp/snowshoe guides and turned them into greeters etc at lines. Even with the distancing and full parkinglot lines on topo were short and skied onto the summit chair every lap. Er 3 open in November its a rad year. Watched what I think was a couple poachers blast down e gully and then eat shit multiple times which was entertaining don't think they got busted. Anyways seems like things might actually hang on which would be rad as its off to a great start.

Skinned up the sunshine ski out on Friday afternoon. Wind was fairly brutal up top had the divide, Teepee town and angel chairs all closed.

LL sounds great - need to get back down there now the sharks sound covered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoyed a surprisingly good day off 93 N in the sun yesterday. 10 - 15 cm of fresh and decently silky turns above treeline. Coverage was excellent for November except 100 m above road which made the timber bash exit entertaining.
    Last edited by sillybunt2; 11-29-2020 at 12:34 PM. Reason: spell

Any big changes in Banff, or access to LL/SSV due to Banff's state of emergency declaration?

Quote Originally Posted by joecoffee View Post
    Any big changes in Banff, or access to LL/SSV due to Banff's state of emergency declaration?
    ski hills are open, more mask enforcement, and needed in more places. Bit longer lines due to "ride with who you want"

LL is opening 8:30 weekends

SSV is gondi line up, so arrive 15-30 min earlier then normal. Or after noon

Quote Originally Posted by joesnow_ View Post
    Skinned up the sunshine ski out on Friday afternoon. Wind was fairly brutal up top had the divide, Teepee town and angel chairs all closed.

LL sounds great - need to get back down there now the sharks sound covered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's Louise. The sharks are never covered.

But really good conditions, especially for the time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by rustypouch View Post
    It's Louise. The sharks are never covered.
    Do people that ski Louise ever put their rock skis away?

no, we just hit new rocks.

and WH2, ABC opened today.

fucking amazing for november still.

Fernie delayed it's opening until the 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rogers View Post
    Fernie delayed it's opening until the 10th.
    Because of covid or low tide conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by grrrmountainman View Post
    It was +10C on the weekend

Now that the gravy train ran out, I have Banff/LL specific ski hill skis and Banff/LL touring skis..... Lol
    Last edited by teamdirt; 12-01-2020 at 07:38 AM.

"mixed skiing"

Quote Originally Posted by grrrmountainman View Post
    The press release talked about community safety. I'm sure the warm weather doesn't help, but you would think they could download on Timber if they really wanted to hit the targeted opening,....I don't know what it is really like up top though.

They might be hoping that the recommendations against inter- provincial travel are lifted on the 7th. That seems like a long shot though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rogers View Post
    The press release talked about community safety. I'm sure the warm weather doesn't help, but you would think they could download on Timber if they really wanted to hit the targeted opening,....I don't know what it is really like up top though.

They might be hoping that the recommendations against inter- provincial travel are lifted on the 7th. That seems like a long shot though.
    Week of high pressure isn't going to help either.

Looks thin down low at Fernie. And there’s no real downside to opening a week later than “tentatively” scheduled. People are just happy there will be a season and if the hill doesn’t open until the same weekend as KH and Kimberley then those single resort pass holders won’t be able to ski free at Fernie. Less crowds to deal with.

I think Calga-fernians will come for opening weekend unless there’s a blockade at the border.

Hey GC, are you sneaking out to Whistler at all? I’m there skiing until the 11th.

Revelstoke is a mess right now, largest outbreak outside the lower mainland. I hope this isn’t a sign of what’s to happen to the small communities in the koots once ski hills open.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshowers View Post
    Revelstoke is a mess right now, largest outbreak outside the lower mainland. I hope this isn’t a sign of what’s to happen to the small communities in the koots once ski hills open.
    Shitty. but its happened to banff, canmore, golden, reve. Odds are will happen in the fernie and Koots too. Kimberly might be too far away from tourist traffic?

But its a wave, Banff numbers are climbing less now already

The Revelstoke outbreak started over two weeks before RMR opened to the public. Going to take another week or so to find out what the impact of opening is on the outbreak and whether that means the end of the lift-served season.

Quote Originally Posted by nickinbc View Post
    The Revelstoke outbreak started over two weeks before RMR opened to the public. Going to take another week or so to find out what the impact of opening is on the outbreak and whether that means the end of the lift-served season.
    Damn, hoping for the best for you guys. Was hoping for at least one trip to revy this season...
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Damn, hoping for the best for you guys. Was hoping for at least one trip to revy this season...
    I hope by spring I can make it to at least one BC resort!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    I can hardly wait for the covid imported all the way from terrace,

when you make it over we should have beer, i will limp in on crutches so i don't look like a has-been

i think HBM opens this weekend

edit: on second thot I'm distancing anyway, another time
    Last edited by XXX-er; 12-02-2020 at 09:03 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

It was +10C on the weekend
    Today Kicking Horse was +7.5 and Revy was +6 up top. In Golden in looks like it was plus temps above 2000m
    I like huge dumps.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Shitty. but its happened to banff, canmore, golden, reve. Odds are will happen in the fernie and Koots too. Kimberly might be too far away from tourist traffic?

But its a wave, Banff numbers are climbing less now already
    Salmo got hit too couple weeks ago.
    Positive temps up top at Pano.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

This incoming snow next week is going to make for some interesting conditions out there. Play safe everyone!

As far as I know, people are still allowed to wear their tinfoil hats. The new hats seem to be invisible, however, I have noticed that they are not compatible with a mask. Wake up people, last week while touring, I even saw Sasquatch wearing a mask!