Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Nice day for a walk at Healy.

Did a 25 to 30 degree south facing line with nice powder on top but you were on what I think was a sun crust the entire time.

That and some meadow skipping was OK but the weather and scenery couldn't be beat!

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Alberta crowds are finally spilling over the border as far as Kimberley. Lineups got busy by 10:30. Apparently worse later on but I bailed early.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2CB1CC6E-6FF3-42F4-B53A-C477ECB5D0D9.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	522.7 KB 
ID:	360612

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Nice day for a walk at Healy.
    Beauty shots! I've found Healy borders more on type 2 fun unless the skies are clear like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peyto View Post
    Beauty shots! I've found Healy borders more on type 2 fun unless the skies are clear like that.
    Yeah I'd stop short of type 2 and call it type 1.5.

But I'm out of shape and needed the exercise and it's great for that.

Yeah I'd stop short of type 2 and call it type 1.5.

But I'm out of shape and needed the exercise and it's great for that.

Got trapped deep in the Y-drainage last time out there so maybe I'm just jaded!

Pano is busier than it has been all year. 5cms this morning and counting.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

5cms? Baaaahaaaahaaaa

1-31-2021 Sunday @ 10:22 AM – Good day everyone we have clear blue skies over Mammoth Mountain and the entire Eastern Sierra.

The base at the 9000-foot level is 85 inches. The snowfall total from last week was in the 8 to 10-foot range, the snow that fell was not the typical sierra cement we get up here. Yes, it did set up a lot before they got the top opened, but everyone still had a great time ripping up the new snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    5cms? Baaaahaaaahaaaa

1-31-2021 Sunday @ 10:22 AM – Good day everyone we have clear blue skies over Mammoth Mountain and the entire Eastern Sierra.

The base at the 9000-foot level is 85 inches. The snowfall total from last week was in the 8 to 10-foot range, the snow that fell was not the typical sierra cement we get up here. Yes, it did set up a lot before they got the top opened, but everyone still had a great time ripping up the new snow.
    Yeah... but... Californians. Yick.

5cms? Baaaahaaaahaaaa

Thanks for the update from a resort in a different country.....

5cms? Baaaahaaaahaaaa

Nobody cares-f”k off hella douche

5cms? Baaaahaaaahaaaa

Cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blah Blah Blah
    Just remind me, when was the last time the Canadian Rockies saw a 4 year long snow drought?

5cms? Baaaahaaaahaaaa

8-10 foot California, so 2-3 foot Rockies? Glad you finally got some snow to ride this season though!

Another 15+cms this morning.

5cms? Baaaahaaaahaaaa

That was a great storm, to bad you had to spend the first 2 1/2 months of the season skiing around and on rocks on the spectacular 28” base you had up until now.

I’ve skied Mammoth several times, and watched its reports for years. Seems it gets its snow in a few spectacular storms, and then spends weeks with nothing coming down, while the temperatures hover around freezing everyday. Any place where the talk most of the time is how great the wind sift was that day, shouldn’t be bragging on their snow.

Any intel on how Castle Mountain is looking this year?

The lake was excellent today!

They said 7cm overnight but another 10 to 15cm fell between 9am and 11am... pic of my car at 11 for reference.

Very deep in places, especially Whitehorn and ER... like 45cm or so.

Deep-deeper.....To much snow can't ski......

Haven't seen a storm deliver so much at once in a long time. Great skiing out there but the trail breaking is a shit ton of work....

hopefully everyone is else is finding the goods...

Thnks Crashidy for breaking trail yesterday I needed all the fuel in the tank today!

Surprise pow day at Louise today, with typical Tuesday crowds. So good. First few runs could hardly see because of the snow coming down. Snow stopped just after lunch, and started again as I was leaving.

I'm thinking tomorrow might be a bit busier.

Looking for some beta on the road from LL to Jasper this time of year, heading up to Marmot Friday and have a couple people tell me I should go via Edmonton, seems crazy to me to go that way.

they have road reports that change as the road gets cleared, the road is managed by parks canada duno if they are any better or worse but that hyway can be closed for a couple days apres a big dump for aviy & snow removal, I've been stuck on both ends also driven all night ahead of a big dump so IME you gotta pay attention to the weather and what it might do

In winter I always count on an extra day for travel just in case
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by c4n007 View Post
    Looking for some beta on the road from LL to Jasper this time of year, heading up to Marmot Friday and have a couple people tell me I should go via Edmonton, seems crazy to me to go that way.
    Alberta 511 currently shows that road as snow covered but not closed. Not sure how much snow they got in the last 24 hours but the potential was for a lot. If that turns into an avi cycle it could be days, like XXXer mentioned.

They usually post in advance of avy control on the Parkway. It usually just happens from SaskCrossing-Jasper but as mentioned will often be closed for 2-3days. When it nukes the plowing of the parkway is pretty low priority. Don't expect it to be full cleared off until late afternoon the day of a storm. Plow usually heads up around 11am and you wont have 2 plowed lanes until 2 or 3pm. The other day touring up there I was dragging the Dif on my pathfinder all the way to hector lake haha, 40+ cms on the road. Where are you coming from to head to Marmot?

Leaving from Calgary via LL and up, thanks for the tips guys. Shouldn't be a problem in my rig hopefully.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201224_124548.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	345.5 KB 
ID:	361088

The lake was excellent today!
    Nice box!
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot