Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    WH1 opened today. After being stuck on the new Summit chair for about 10 minutes not moving... Some good turns in pockets, but very punchy to rocks in others. It doesn't seem to have the supportive crust the rest of the hill does to carry weight. The hordes were already trying their best to pack it down. But still, for it to even be open Nov 17, can't complain.

A nice 10ish cms in the Pano village today.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Add rain overnight to that....

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

We had a curling rink in town last night. -5 and raining made a finely pebbled surface, a touch of snow on top hid it nicely. 12 cms up at the hill though so a good trade.

laps today on WH1, boom, and lower ER5 opened.

not bad for mid January

Dang. Having the public do the boot packing. Ptex... The next toilet paper?
    I went down wounded knee the other day when it opened. Patrol hadn't been down... It was Rocky.
    Lots of naturals overnight in canmore on the south side bowls.. Ships prow etc.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Any word on Marmot? Have they opened the alpine? How’re the conditions?

I didn't make it up today but it looked good. Most of the lower and upper are open, no Eagle Ridge, Knob or Tres Hombres yet. It was decent Sunday and about 20cm's since then.

10cm at LL and SSV today - any update on how SSV is skiing at the minute? Wondering whether to make the shorter run this afternoon...

Quote Originally Posted by joesnow_ View Post
    10cm at LL and SSV today - any update on how SSV is skiing at the minute? Wondering whether to make the shorter run this afternoon...
    more terrain at LL is open, with WAY more vertical. but both should be fun to make a few turns at .....

Ya - finished work a little later than expected so just made the short hop to SSV - snow was great and snowed all afternoon. Good to get in before the weekend crowds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The official position for British Columbia:-

Travel for mountain sports

Ski and snowboard at your local mountains. For example, if you live in Vancouver, you should ski at Cypress, Grouse or Mt. Seymour.

Coming from outside of B.C.

At this time, people travelling to B.C. from another province or territory within Canada should only come for essential reasons. If you do travel, you are expected to follow the same travel guidelines as everyone else in B.C.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...t/restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by nickinbc View Post
    The official position for British Columbia:-

Travel for mountain sports

Ski and snowboard at your local mountains. For example, if you live in Vancouver, you should ski at Cypress, Grouse or Mt. Seymour.

Coming from outside of B.C.

At this time, people travelling to B.C. from another province or territory within Canada should only come for essential reasons. If you do travel, you are expected to follow the same travel guidelines as everyone else in B.C.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...t/restrictions
    Wife and I were planning to go to our place at Panorama and I was going to work from there for the next week. Wife, who suffers pretty severe anxiety, is now saying no way. I mean, we drive out, I top up gas in Canmore, so rarely get gas in Invermere, we will have enough food for the week, totally self contained. I think the valley is almost Covid free, and we have basically been inside save for trips to grocery store and hardware this week. Wait, also bought a pair of new ski boots. At worst, a single trip to grocery store. And I have a bunch of pre-winter chores to do, humidifier maintenance, install a bunch of electrical crap, and other stuff. Nothing essential, but I don’t think what we will be doing will put anyone at risk.

And it isn’t like Panorama doesn’t have a ton of ski teams already training there, a bunch of the kids in the Panorama teams are commuting from Calgary every weekend until the resort opens in general Dec 11. I am also booked for a program that weekend.

I don’t mind the general protocols, but the Windermere Valley isn’t the Lower Mainland. I think some discretion should be allowed based on location.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

^Wow. We were there at 830 yesterday, about 10 people in line for tickets. I'm glad I didn't hit the snooze button!

I'd like to see the video of when they post the SOLD OUT sign.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    I'd like to see the video of when they post the SOLD OUT sign.
    sold out, never. If people are paying they will take the money

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    sold out, never. If people are paying they will take the money
    Re Sunshine: crazy.

Did anyone ski highwood pass today? How was it actually?

Drove through at about 130-2pm today and there was waaaay more cars than i expected with low Tide snow levels - Calgary appears to be alive and well

Hell, if I got to Sunshine and I had to PARK that far back, never mind line up for tickets that far back, I would turn around and go back to bed...

Quote Originally Posted by c4n007 View Post
    ^Wow. We were there at 830 yesterday, about 10 people in line for tickets. I'm glad I didn't hit the snooze button!
    We were slightly late in getting up there (9ish). Waited about a total of 45 minutes to park and go through the line up to get up the gondola. Once we were up top line ups for chairs were pretty short. Never even entertained going into a lodge. Skied till 3pm and went home.

Great turns were found outside the gate at the top of Standish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Wow! I’m guessing they weren’t packing each gondola car with 8 people?

Definitely not packing the Gondy, they let you choose if you want to share a cabin with strangers or not we saw lots of doubles and triples loading today.

On the other hand, we were two rows into the parking lot when got to the line and it was only about 15 minutes to load this morning, it still moves at a decent pace. Once up to the lifts the lines weren't too bad.

No more road parking for Sunshine...Parking lot or bust this year.
    I’m expecting some road rage from the person who is one or two cars too late, and gets turned away at the bottom of the lot.

https://www.facebook.com/17362649602...4828687901810/

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I was at Marmot this weekend, ticket lines were crazy long all the way into the parking lots (not sure how long people had to wait). People were good with wearing masks in the lift lines, and the chalet around noon-ish wasn't packed. Conditions were awesome, lots and lots of fresh powder in the glades. Eagle East, Tres and the alpine were closed, but still was a great day. I'm not sure why the Paradise chair was closed even though the terrain was open - does anyone know why?

I'm sure I'm missing something here, but I'm having a hard time understanding why the lineups to buy lift tickets are so out of control, even when the hill itself and lift lines aren't that bad?

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season