Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Helena
    Posts
    259

    WTB Tech Bindings

    I found some old black diamond havocs that I wanted to throw a tech binding on for days where I want something less than a 108 underfoot. Pretty sure telemark skis are the same as regular skis? These might actually make for some decent light BC skis. (Attached pic, so much camber)

    I am looking for some tech bindings. They don't need to be pretty, just work. Not interested in anything brand new unless it's real cheap. Let me know what you have!
    Attachment 343847
    Last edited by toastybroski; 10-17-2020 at 07:04 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    80
    PM sent

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,400
    there's some killer deals on alpinists at barrabes and telemark pyrenees
    single? always know what to say with Keys
    www.thekeysapp.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aspen, CO
    Posts
    250
    Dynafit (Look) Superlight 2.0 12 -$274

    https://www.steepandcheap.com/look-superlite-12




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Helena
    Posts
    259
    Thanks for the links, looking for something used.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,400
    I think youíll be hard pressed to find a quality pin binding used for less than $250. At least I have always had trouble and Iíve bought a lot of bindings used
    single? always know what to say with Keys
    www.thekeysapp.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Helena
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    I think you’ll be hard pressed to find a quality pin binding used for less than $250. At least I have always had trouble and I’ve bought a lot of bindings used
    Yeah I know but it's worth a try for some rock skis. I am undecided between this and some altai hoks so it is nice to have both listed.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Western MT
    Posts
    1,677
    Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Yeah I know but it's worth a try for some rock skis. I am undecided between this and some altai hoks so it is nice to have both listed.
    If looking at Hoks, why not just throw some cheap 3 pin bindings on the Havocs? Some iterations of that ski were quite stiff though.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Helena
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    If looking at Hoks, why not just throw some cheap 3 pin bindings on the Havocs? Some iterations of that ski were quite stiff though.
    I can't telemark to save my life. Like, worse than Jerry level bad. Plus my AT boots are way nicer. I might swap over a pair of BDO1s over from some k2 public enemies I have though.

    That, or go back to conventional bindings on my bibbys, sell the shifts, and get something lightweight and nice.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Western MT
    Posts
    1,677
    Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    I can't telemark to save my life. Like, worse than Jerry level bad. Plus my AT boots are way nicer. I might swap over a pair of BDO1s over from some k2 public enemies I have though.
    Makes sense. Hoks could be a really fun poking around tool for Mt. Helena / Ascension etc., obviously the Havocs would open up more terrain options. I've skied Mount Ascension on a pair of 87 mm waist skis quite a few times, fun local option when enough snow!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Helena
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Makes sense. Hoks could be a really fun poking around tool for Mt. Helena / Ascension etc., obviously the Havocs would open up more terrain options. I've skied Mount Ascension on a pair of 87 mm waist skis quite a few times, fun local option when enough snow!
    Right?! Hoks seem perfect plus it'll probably improve my tele skills quite a bit. Such a hard decision and now I am house poor. My corvus freebirds are beat to shit anyways so a few more rocks wouldn't hurt them.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Western MT
    Posts
    1,677
    Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Right?! Hoks seem perfect plus it'll probably improve my tele skills quite a bit. Such a hard decision and now I am house poor. My corvus freebirds are beat to shit anyways so a few more rocks wouldn't hurt them.
    Agreed on Hoks, and I think would be a great tool for hunting in deeper snow conditions. Which is why I'm second in line on those Hoks, lol.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Helena
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Agreed on Hoks, and I think would be a great tool for hunting in deeper snow conditions. Which is why I'm second in line on those Hoks, lol.
    If I ever get them and don't really like them or use them I will let you know.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Western MT
    Posts
    1,677
    Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    If I ever get them and don't really like them or use them I will let you know.
    You should hop on them, but sounds good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •