Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I do a ton of night riding. In summer it's the only way to have cool temps here if you can't escape to higher elevations. Starting this time of year, after work rides all end in the dark, by December they start in the dark too. A lot of weekend rides start or end in the dark too. Did a ride in Palm Springs recently starting at midnight close to full moon date, for something different. Sunset and sunrise are my favorite times to be out riding. As schralph mentioned a bonus is minimal other trail users out. My lights get a lot of use. Helps that it isn't cold here. Might need an extra layer December to Feb otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by NuMexJoe View Post
    This! If you're just getting a spare to loan to a friend, the Shenkey or the Ceco 1000 for $40 on Amazon are well regarded.
    Ceco 1000 is one of the lights that failed early on for me. Button stopped working.

October riding here has some early darkness. Say you’re leaving at 4 pm, group ride, and someone has a mechanical issue I have it fix. Suddenly shit gets real as darkness falls. I like to hand out bar lights on these rides just in case.

Bought the 600 lumen Lezyne.
    Last edited by frorider; 10-21-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Ceco 1000 is one of the lights that failed early on for me. Button stopped working.

October riding here has some early darkness. Say you’re leaving at 4 pm, group ride, and someone has a mechanical issue I have it fix. Suddenly shit gets real as darkness falls. I like to hand out bar lights on these rides just in case.

Bought the 600 lumen Lezyne.
    How long ago did you buy the Ceco? Looks like they made some updates in the past year or so. Did you try to get it warrantied?

It was purchased 2 yrs ago almost. I recall contacting company but it was cheap enough I didn’t put much energy into that.

Thrunight th30. Just ordered my second light on Amazon for about $79 Canadian. This unit is super bright at over 3000 lm simple integrated USB charging. Super easy to use and has proved super reliable. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1603399172.060389.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	179.2 KB 
ID:	344475

Was skiing with it last night and even if on one of the lower settings, it was more than bright enough
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4342.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	862.6 KB 
ID:	344476